- Everything you need to know about Google Reverse Image Search 8 Years Ago
- Hong Kong police caught on live stream shooting protester 8 Years Ago
- Twitter proposes adding warnings to tweets with deepfakes Today 10:43 AM
- Dak Prescott’s pregame warmup becomes an instant meme Today 10:40 AM
- lhan Omar baselessly accused of anti-Semitism for billionaires tweet Today 10:15 AM
- Tulsi Gabbard wants Hillary Clinton to retract her Russia accusations Today 9:24 AM
- 21 stoner gift ideas that don’t involve buying weed Today 9:13 AM
- PayPal and Venmo’s anti-terrorism regulations are causing headaches for average businesses Today 9:06 AM
- Consumers claim the Apple Card is sexist Today 8:44 AM
- Twitch bans Viperous for allegedly using racial slur during live stream Today 8:18 AM
- ‘Rick and Morty’ takes a stab at its own offseason meta-narrative Today 7:06 AM
- Virtual reality is a surprisingly great tool for therapeutic conversations Today 7:00 AM
- What it means to be pangender Today 6:00 AM
- Why Lady Trieu’s costume is so significant in ‘Watchmen’ episode 4 Sunday 9:45 PM
- White woman calls police on her Black roommate for setting heat to 72 degrees Sunday 4:19 PM
Comedian Louis C.K. is a hit on Reddit
Louis C. K. takes the house during a reddit question and answer session.
Today he added redditor to the list, creating an account to conduct an AMA (ask me anything).
As one of the most widely-respected comedians working today, most of Reddit seemed to be in awe of his presence.
“Well we have to be honest, whatever he´ll write is going to be adored by every redditor,” wrote user, Salford.
By context of some AMAs, it wasn’t huge. It only lasted a little over an hour, and he only wrote 67 responses (a few of which were double-posts). But he packed plenty of wisdom and comedy into his time.
“If I could legally kill a celebrity it would be your mother,” C.K. wrote in response to drumcowski, who asked the comedian which celebrity he’d most like to assassinate.
“FIrst I would invest a lot of time and money getting her a marketable entertainment skill and promoting her till she’s famous, then I would hit her in the face with a pan that kills people when you hit them with it. SOrry. You asked. It just happened to be the truth.”
But mostly he answered questions earnestly.
“i don’t talk in person the way i do on stage because it’s a performance and it’s disstilled and the language is more deliberate,” he told timthemanager, who asked C.K. if his comedy was the same in his personal life as when he does stand-up.
“I make the same kind of jokes with my friends and family for sure and i have safe relationships where I can float a crazy or wrong idea and find out where it goes just as a life excercize and some times those things end up on stage.”
He did sound off on people pirating his new special, after a redditor took a screen capture of the ramblings of someone who uploaded it to a torrent site:
“i did read what that uploader wrote and i will say it was funny to me because he seems or is acting like he’s in terrible pain when he does it. he’s having a crisis of concious and just… oh man i’m so sorry but I have to do this!” but the crazy thing is, if it’s at all bothering him, why is he doing it?? he’s sharing it, not taking it,” he wrote.
“Well, if you look at the page, it’s because he’s promoting his own stuff and using my project as an attractor. that’s happening on youtube also. So i’m learning that SOME pirating is caused by people piggybacking their own product on another. interesting.”
Below are some of C.K.’s best answers, as well as the questions that prompted them.
Q. How difficult was it to arrange that duckling episode? Was it really filmed in Afghanistan? (anonymous123421)
A. it as filmed in Santa Clarita California which is not technically in afghanistan. it was really hard. IT took months to pull it together. we shot it two weeks after we wrapped the rest of the season. it was brutal and stressful and scary and unforgettably fun.
Q. The music in “Louis” is amazing. Are you a big jazz fan? Any current favorites? (velocitygirl77)
A. producing the music is maybe my favorite part of the whole thing. I go into a studio with Matt Kelmer and a handful of great musicians that work under the title “Sweet pro” and we just fuck around. I get to cheat and make music without the training. I ask them for different moods and sounds and they try it. or we’ll say let’s go with cello and piano for a while and try a few things there. The cello player, wish i fucking knew his name, is tremendous. he creates whole pieces by himself and I use them ALL.
Q. What was the budget for the first two seasons of your FX show, and will there be a third? (o85)
A. the budget for the first season was cough dollars and the second season was sneeze and yes there will be a third season.
Q. What would you be doing if you weren’t a professional comedian? (oldzealand)
A. the last jobs i had were fixing cars and covering football games for a local access tv station. as in driving the mobile van to the field, setting up 3 cameras, teaching depressed grownups and interns how to use them and directing the game from the van and then wanting to kill myself.
Photo by Jungleboy 叢林男孩
A former senior politics reporter for the Daily Dot, Kevin Collier focuses on privacy, cybersecurity, and issues of importance to the open internet. Since leaving the Daily Dot in March 2016, he has served as a reporter for Vocativ and a cybersecurity correspondent for BuzzFeed.