- How to watch tonight’s fire Warriors vs. Mavericks matchup online 5 Years Ago
- Android security flaw could have let hackers hijack your phone’s camera 5 Years Ago
- How Julia Roberts playing Harriet Tubman became a meme 5 Years Ago
- Woman banned from Instagram for sharing d*ck pic she didn’t ask for 5 Years Ago
- People risking concussions for new TikTok challenge Today 11:14 AM
- A ‘Joker’ sequel is in the works from Warner Bros. Today 11:06 AM
- Is Jake Paul going to fight again? There are plenty of clues Today 10:57 AM
- Ghostemane concert abruptly canceled amid ‘safety concerns’ and reported gun threat Today 10:41 AM
- Trump Jr. retweets UFC fighter who called troop a ‘douche bag’ Today 10:26 AM
- The best apps and gadgets for cooking the perfect Thanksgiving feast Today 10:22 AM
- Amazon says police can hold on to Ring videos indefinitely Today 9:42 AM
- Henry Cavill on the prospect of playing Superman again: ‘the cape is still in the closet’ Today 9:15 AM
- Why does Pete Buttigieg always tweet ‘buh’? Today 9:08 AM
- Noah Hawley will direct the next ‘Star Trek’ movie starring Chris Pine Today 8:51 AM
- Vidgo is a streaming bonanza of live sports Today 8:40 AM
12-year-old Lorde’s cover of Kings of Leon is better than the original
What were you doing at 12?
A 2009 recording of Lorde—then known as Ella Yelich O’Connor—covering Kings of Leon’s “Use Somebody” on Radio New Zealand has started circulating again. It’s a pretty striking cover, and a reminder that Lorde’s version is much more tolerable than Kings of Leon’s.
Audra Schroeder is the Daily Dot’s senior entertainment writer, and she focuses on streaming, comedy, and music. Her work has previously appeared in the Austin Chronicle, the Dallas Observer, NPR, ESPN, Bitch, and the Village Voice. She is based in Austin, Texas.