- Nick Cannon releases another thirsty Eminem diss track 2 Months Ago
- Dogs at polling stations are helping bark out the vote in the U.K. Today 1:00 PM
- Streamers dominated Pornhub searches in 2019 Today 12:59 PM
- Pro and anti-boot factions emerge in wake of ‘Wonder Woman 1984’ trailer Today 12:31 PM
- The ‘Rise of Skywalker’ press tour has turned into a rehash of ‘The Last Jedi’ Today 12:18 PM
- What’s in a TikTok username? Today 12:00 PM
- All four of 2020’s Marvel/DC movies are directed by women Today 11:57 AM
- Jeremy Corbyn Rickrolls everyone ahead of British election Today 10:18 AM
- Trisha Paytas denies accidentally exposing herself on TikTok Today 10:04 AM
- Report: Barr wants tech antitrust probe wrapped up in 2020 Today 9:59 AM
- ‘Zybourne Clock’ original art is selling for over $4,000 on eBay Today 9:11 AM
- What is TikTok famous club, and can you trust it? Today 9:03 AM
- ‘John Wick 4’ and ‘The Matrix 4,’ both starring Keanu Reeves, will come out on the same day Today 8:54 AM
- Smoke ’em, pass ’em Week 15: It’s Tannehill’s world Today 8:45 AM
- Trump mocks Greta Thunberg over ‘person of the year’ win Today 7:55 AM
The Lizzie McGuire reboot will also be a reunion.
Deadline reports that much of the main cast will return for the forthcoming sequel series on Disney+. In addition to leading lady Hilary Duff, original cast members Hallie Todd (Jo McGuire), Robert Carradine (Sam McGuire), and Jake Thomas (Matt McGuire) have signed on.
What’s on Disney+? Here’s everything we know:
This news coincides with the first read-through for the new series, which marks the first time that the cast has gotten together in 15 years. Original Lizzie McGuire creator Terri Minsky will also return for the reboot.
“We are incredibly excited to bring back one of the most popular Disney Channel series of all time along with some beloved and familiar faces,” Ricky Strauss, president of content and marketing at Disney+, told Deadline. “With Terri at the helm and Hilary, Hallie, Robert, and Jake back after all these years, it’s our honor to welcome the McGuire family into the Disney+ family.”
Lizzie McGuire‘s original Disney Channel run lasted 65 episodes from 2001-2003. The series chronicled 13-year-old Lizzie’s dreams of school popularity and the challenges of friends and family. The series is perhaps best known for Lizzie’s tell-it-like-it-is animated alter ego.
The next chapter in Lizzie’s story finds the protagonist on the eve of her 30th birthday. She’s had a successful run at adulthood, with a dream job and a good relationship, but she still faces trials and tribulations.
There isn’t word yet on when the Lizzie McGuire reboot will be available on Disney+, but all episodes of the original series and the film, The Lizzie McGuire Movie, will be streamable when the service launches in November.
You can follow all Disney+ titles here.
- Here are all of the Disney+ titles available to stream at launch
- About that mysterious ‘Lizzie McGuire’ reunion photo
- Disney+ is developing a ‘Hocus Pocus’ sequel
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Brenden Gallagher is a politics reporter and cultural commentator. His work has been published by Motherboard, Complex, and VH1. He’s the co-founder of Beer Money Films, an indie production company. Based in Los Angeles, he works in television drama as a writers assistant.