Agave Americana plant

Photo via Sylvia Bentele Fotografie/Shutterstock (Licensed)

Chinese vlogger livestreams herself accidentally eating poisonous plant

The 26-year-old had to cut her 'feast' short.

 

Audra Schroeder

IRL

Published Jul 3, 2017   Updated May 23, 2021, 1:05 am CDT

A Chinese vlogger was allegedly attempting to show the health benefits of aloe when she accidentally poisoned herself.

A 26-year-old woman who goes by the name Zhang was prepping for an “Aloe Vera Feast” and apparently thought she was eating aloe, but in a livestream, she can be seen eating the leaves of a much bigger plant—the poisonous Agave americana, also known as American aloe, which is native to Texas and Mexico.

Zhang can be seen taking a bite out of the massive leaf, but after the second bite, she appears to know something is wrong.

She was reportedly hospitalized and had her stomach pumped but is in stable condition.

H/T Shanghaiist

Share this article
*First Published: Jul 3, 2017, 10:54 am CDT