- Report: Disney yanks YouTube ad spending following child exploitation accusations Wednesday 7:56 PM
- These people are organizing Fyre Fest live-action role-play parties Wednesday 6:35 PM
- White woman berates Mexican restaurant manager for speaking Spanish Wednesday 4:12 PM
- In Pixar short ‘Kitbull,’ a cat and pit bull become unlikely friends Wednesday 3:48 PM
- Stop exploiting the Jussie Smollett case to discredit LGBTQ hate crime victims Wednesday 3:28 PM
- The best Netflix original movies of 2019 Wednesday 3:20 PM
- Pinterest is reportedly blocking vaccination searches Wednesday 2:53 PM
- Nike’s self-lacing smart sneakers malfunction days after release Wednesday 2:50 PM
- How to quickly get the Havoc weapon in Apex Legends Wednesday 2:48 PM
- The truth behind the anti-LGBTQ emoji controversy Wednesday 1:37 PM
- Tristan Thompson disables Instagram comments after reports he cheated on Khloe Kardashian Wednesday 11:25 AM
- Introducing ‘boner culture,’ this Gamergate blogger’s latest cause Wednesday 11:16 AM
- HBO debuts trailer for controversial Michael Jackson doc ‘Leaving Neverland’ Wednesday 10:46 AM
- Christian woman refuses to do taxes for lesbian married couple Wednesday 10:43 AM
- Political campaigns will be snooping on your phones in 2020 Wednesday 10:43 AM
Lin-Manuel Miranda and his wife just had their baby—and Twitter is gushing
The announcement came via Miranda’s Twitter on Friday afternoon.
Int. Hospital Room. Night.
[The screams reach a delirious crescendo. FRANCISCO MIRANDA enters. He is 7 pounds and 13 ounces.]
— Lin-Manuel Miranda (@Lin_Manuel) February 2, 2018
Twitter promptly congratulated the couple with precious replies.
Int. Francisco's Nursery. Night.
[The screams reach a delirious crescendo. LIN and VANESSA enter, awakened by their new son.]
IN UNISON: Look at our son!
— jomny sun (@jonnysun) February 2, 2018
I'd smile too if Lin and V were my parents!
— amber treadway (@dervogelfamber) February 2, 2018
AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOOK AT THOSE CHEEKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! pic.twitter.com/5ggz3ttHjD
— Jordan (@jordanahensley) February 2, 2018
Leslie Odom Jr., the actor known for his role of Aaron Burr in Miranda’s smash Broadway hit Hamilton, also welcomed baby Francisco.
Francisco!!!! Welcome, lil man! Congratulations, homie.
— Leslie Odom, Jr. (@leslieodomjr) February 2, 2018
Miranda and Nadal have been married for seven years. They also have a 3-year-old son named Sebastian, who according to Miranda has been eagerly awaiting becoming a big brother.
In advance of his 3rd birthday, we took lil man to Act One of Hamilton on Saturday. His comments in this thread… pic.twitter.com/e3hBugEsnI
— Lin-Manuel Miranda (@Lin_Manuel) November 6, 2017
He is so impatient for it. Once, mid-tantrum, he cried, "When is mommy gonna HAAAATCH…" https://t.co/QdJ8Ck3V1w
— Lin-Manuel Miranda (@Lin_Manuel) December 4, 2017
Congrats to the whole family!
Kris Seavers is the Evening Editor for the Daily Dot, where she covers breaking news, politics, and LGBTQ issues. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.