- How a queer Instagram is helping fight the opioid epidemic in Appalachia 2 Years Ago
- Philadelphia to fire 13 officers for racist, violent Facebook posts Saturday 6:12 PM
- Nick Offerman is so down to play every single role in ‘Cats’ Saturday 4:27 PM
- Woman documents how airport staff broke her wheelchair Saturday 3:04 PM
- Funeral home allegedly posted photos of woman’s dead body on social media Saturday 1:56 PM
- Alinity Divine is being investigated after throwing her cat during stream (updated) Saturday 12:04 PM
- ‘Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee’ returns with Seinfeld making a racist joke about China Saturday 10:26 AM
- YouTubers Eugenia Cooney and Shane Dawson make a joint comeback Saturday 9:06 AM
- The crushing effects of Trump’s abortion ‘gag rule’ on healthcare Saturday 8:00 AM
- How to live stream Pacquiao vs. Thurman Saturday 6:20 AM
- Review: Hulu with Live TV ensures you always have something to watch Saturday 6:00 AM
- How to live stream UFC on ESPN 4: Rafael dos Anjos vs. Leon Edwards Saturday 5:49 AM
- 2020 Democrats refuse to answer our questions about ‘Cats’ Friday 4:14 PM
- Belle Delphine’s Instagram account removed after mass reporting campaign Friday 4:08 PM
- Mariah Carey refuses old-age FaceApp challenge Friday 3:19 PM
Lin-Manuel Miranda says Trump is ‘going straight to hell’ over San Juan mayor attacks
The ‘Hamilton’ creator was having none of Trump’s latest tweetstorm.
Hamilton creator Lin Manuel Miranda, who is of Puerto Rican descent and has been outspoken about the need for aid in the U.S. territory following Hurricane Maria, woke up to the news of President Trump attacking San Juan’s mayor this morning and he was not pleased.
Gmorning.— Lin-Manuel Miranda (@Lin_Manuel) September 30, 2017
Put what you got to a greater purpose.
Your rage, your fear, don't let it fester. Make it work for you.https://t.co/pxx7qvHPdf
As a matter of fact, the usually ever-positive actor-producer-musician said that Trump is going straight to hell for calling Mayor Carmen Yulin Cruz “nasty” and complaining that Puerto Rico wants “everything to be done for them.”
He goes on to note that Cruz—who made a plea to Trump to send more federal aid on Friday, saying, “you are killing us with the inefficiency and the bureaucracy”—has been working tirelessly for Puerto Ricans while Trump is likely tweeting his “bile” from his golf course.
She has been working 24/7.— Lin-Manuel Miranda (@Lin_Manuel) September 30, 2017
You have been GOLFING.
You're going straight to hell.
Fastest golf cart you ever took. https://t.co/5hOY23MBvQ
F***, I hate even quote tweeting his bile. My timeline feels dirty.— Lin-Manuel Miranda (@Lin_Manuel) September 30, 2017
But these are not ordinary times. https://t.co/pxx7qvHPdf
But even if the president hasn’t shown much compassion, Miranda is glad that many non-governmental folks have stepped in to help out the people of Puerto Rico.
I have been so moved by YOUR generosity since Maria.— Lin-Manuel Miranda (@Lin_Manuel) September 30, 2017
You deserve a leader who shares an OUNCE, a SHRED of the compassion you all have.
He does give it up for his president, though, and her fire remix of “Mi Gente,” to raise funds for Puerto Rico and Mexico relief.
It also looks Miranda has some music of his own in the works to aid Puerto Rico.
In the meantime, though, he asks you send your monies here:
Ok. Back to work. https://t.co/pxx7qvHPdf— Lin-Manuel Miranda (@Lin_Manuel) September 30, 2017
In case you’re looking for other ways to help Puerto Rico, this is a good place to start.
Jessica Machado is the IRL editor of the Daily Dot. Previously, she was an associate editor at Rolling Stone. Her work has been published in the Washington Post, Elle, Vice, Salon, BuzzFeed, Guernica, Bitch, Bust, the Cut, the Awl, the Toast, among others.