- Fan-created ‘app’ lets users experience the final moments of the ill-fated Jeremy Renner app Monday 10:00 PM
- Milo Yiannopoulos receives lifetime ban from furry convention Monday 7:49 PM
- Snapchat just made all political ads purchased publicly available Monday 6:12 PM
- How to stream Barcelona vs. Borussia Dortmund in Champions League action Monday 5:39 PM
- How to stream Liverpool vs. Napoli in Champions League action Monday 5:19 PM
- How to make real money with Amazon’s Mechanical Turk Monday 5:03 PM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Valencia in the Champions League group stage Monday 4:47 PM
- ‘SNL’ fires Shane Gillis for racist, homophobic comments Monday 4:41 PM
- Ben Shapiro wants accusers to describe Brett Kavanaugh’s penis Monday 4:30 PM
- Twitch suspends streamer for wearing Chun-Li cosplay Monday 4:11 PM
- Report: 8 years of Trump tax returns subpoenaed by prosecutors Monday 3:45 PM
- Netflix lands exclusive streaming rights to ‘Seinfeld’ Monday 3:34 PM
- Jenny Slate sets first comedy special at Netflix Monday 3:05 PM
- #EndSmearFear is aiming to save lives Monday 2:54 PM
- Netflix ‘Living With Yourself’ trailer offers a double dose of Paul Rudd Monday 2:07 PM
It’s been two weeks since Hurricane Maria hit the island, leaving most of the population without electricity or gas for what could be months. What first seemed like a natural disaster has also proven to be an infrastructural one, and many citizens are at a heightened risk of disease and famine in the coming weeks.
Puerto Ricans’ pleas are still being met with limited response from the White House, so Miranda released an all-star benefit single to try and keep the humanitarian effort fresh in Americans’ minds. It’s called “Almost Like Praying,” and Jennifer Lopez, Marc Anthony, Ruben Blades, Camila Cabello, Pedro Capo, Dessa, Gloria Estefan, Fat Joe, Luis Fonsi, Juan Luis Guerra, Alex Lacamoire, John Leguizamo, Rita Moreno, Ednita Nazario, Joell Ortiz, Anthony Ramos, Gina Rodriguez, Gilberto Santa Rosa, PJ Sin Suela, Tommy Torres, and Ana Villafañe leant their voices to the track.
Proceeds will benefit the Hispanic Federation’s UNIDOS Disaster Relief Fund.
Miranda has also partnered with pretty much every streaming service a person might have in order to make it super easy to donate. Here’s a full list of ways to download and purchase the song.
But the easiest way to give is brought to you by Spotify, which agreed to make a contribution to the Hispanic Federation UNIDOS Disaster relief fund for every user that follows Miranda’s “Almost Like Praying” hurricane relief playlist. You don’t even have to listen to it. Just click “Follow.”
Christine Friar is a writer and editor in New York who focuses on streaming entertainment and internet culture. Her work has appeared in the Awl, the Fader, New York Magazine, Paper Magazine, Vogue, Elle, and more.