- Twitter lifts ‘permanent’ suspension of activist Barrett Brown Monday 5:52 PM
- Billie Eilish fans fend off objectifying comments on tank top photo Monday 5:32 PM
- Groom’s mother sabotages wedding by tricking guests into wearing jorts and hoodies Monday 4:39 PM
- No one believes Bill de Blasio’s son sent him these debate prep texts Monday 3:26 PM
- Meek Mill, Jay-Z to release ‘Free Meek’ documentary on Amazon Prime Monday 3:20 PM
- 3 ways to secure your Nest cameras Monday 3:15 PM
- This Pokémon generator site is creating hilarious monsters Monday 2:48 PM
- MrBeast impersonator tricks kid into destroying his XBox Monday 12:50 PM
- This mom has the perfect nickname for her nonbinary kid Monday 12:25 PM
- Netflix tests pop-out player that will allow viewers to multitask Monday 11:44 AM
- Man allowed to sue media publishers over readers’ Facebook comments Monday 11:42 AM
- Republicans slammed for joke about ‘heavily armed militia’ at Oregon statehouse Monday 11:30 AM
- New bill wants tech companies to tell you how much your data is worth Monday 10:53 AM
- AOC has the best response to Steve King’s ‘concentration camp’ criticism Monday 10:19 AM
- Did Jake Paul and Tana Mongeau just get engaged? Monday 9:26 AM
It’s been two weeks since Hurricane Maria hit the island, leaving most of the population without electricity or gas for what could be months. What first seemed like a natural disaster has also proven to be an infrastructural one, and many citizens are at a heightened risk of disease and famine in the coming weeks.
Puerto Ricans’ pleas are still being met with limited response from the White House, so Miranda released an all-star benefit single to try and keep the humanitarian effort fresh in Americans’ minds. It’s called “Almost Like Praying,” and Jennifer Lopez, Marc Anthony, Ruben Blades, Camila Cabello, Pedro Capo, Dessa, Gloria Estefan, Fat Joe, Luis Fonsi, Juan Luis Guerra, Alex Lacamoire, John Leguizamo, Rita Moreno, Ednita Nazario, Joell Ortiz, Anthony Ramos, Gina Rodriguez, Gilberto Santa Rosa, PJ Sin Suela, Tommy Torres, and Ana Villafañe leant their voices to the track.
Proceeds will benefit the Hispanic Federation’s UNIDOS Disaster Relief Fund.
Miranda has also partnered with pretty much every streaming service a person might have in order to make it super easy to donate. Here’s a full list of ways to download and purchase the song.
But the easiest way to give is brought to you by Spotify, which agreed to make a contribution to the Hispanic Federation UNIDOS Disaster relief fund for every user that follows Miranda’s “Almost Like Praying” hurricane relief playlist. You don’t even have to listen to it. Just click “Follow.”
Christine Friar is a writer and editor in New York who focuses on streaming entertainment and internet culture. Her work has appeared in the Awl, the Fader, New York Magazine, Paper Magazine, Vogue, Elle, and more.