- Apple warns coronavirus expected to cause iPhone ‘supply shortages’ Monday 7:59 PM
- Will ‘The Bachelor’ end without an engagement? Monday 7:44 PM
- This ‘Little Women’ scene just became a meme Monday 7:03 PM
- Playable version of Blizzard’s ‘StarCraft: Ghost’ leaks online nearly 15 years after cancelation Monday 6:31 PM
- This Twitter extension can block unsolicited nudes from your inbox Monday 6:01 PM
- Jeffree Star wears cornrows after being accused of cultural appropriation Monday 4:49 PM
- Jeff Bezos says he’ll commit $10 billion to combat climate change Monday 4:18 PM
- A TikTok user went on a mission to turn his urine blue by chugging food coloring Monday 3:55 PM
- YouTuber’s vacation in ‘Bali’ was actually staged at Ikea Monday 3:14 PM
- Video shows liquor store manager calling employee ‘f*cking worthless’ Monday 1:16 PM
- Instagram influencer scams followers out of $1.5 million Monday 12:22 PM
- Why did the Israeli military tweet this thirst trap? Monday 10:43 AM
- Jake Paul wants you to have financial freedom… by paying him a monthly fee Monday 10:40 AM
- Tweets from Sanders supporters are terrifying the establishment Monday 10:15 AM
- Zuckerberg says he supports 1 bill in Congress that would regulate Facebook Monday 10:11 AM
Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus made it clear last week that the official position of President-elect Donald Trump and the party he now will lead into the White House still denies climate change, and that Trump considers it all “a bunch of bunk.”
But Ivanka Trump has talked about making climate change one of her signature issues. And Leonardo DiCaprio is trying to help her cause. As the New York Times reported, DiCaprio and Ivanka Trump recently met and he gave her a copy of his climate change documentary, Before the Flood.
DiCaprio’s gift makes sense. If Ivanka Trump is poised to make a large impact on her father’s administration—and the Times writes that she could become the most powerful first daughter in history—a liberal stalwart like DiCaprio (and others who believe in climate change) should be trying to convince her with all their might.
But for Trump supporters, it might not matter. DiCaprio put his documentary on YouTube in October, and the comment section was immediately taken over by climate change deniers and trolls.
Ivanka Trump’s meeting with Gore on Monday eventually morphed into a discussion between Gore and her father.
“I had a lengthy and very productive session with the president-elect,” Gore told the press pool. “It was a sincere search for areas of common ground. I had a meeting beforehand with Ivanka Trump. The bulk of the time was with the President-elect Donald Trump. I found it an extremely interesting conversation, and to be continued, and I’m just going to leave it at that.”
Still, it might be tough for Ivanka Trump (and Gore and DiCaprio, for that matter) to convince her father. After all, his position on climate change has been that it’s a hoax created by the Chinese.
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.