- People on Twitter ask whose ancestors would’ve passed immigrant ‘wealth test’ Monday 6:54 PM
- Kobe Bryant helicopter crash mocked in teen’s TikTok video Monday 6:38 PM
- Chiefs, Bears, Packers have Twitter accounts hacked Monday 3:48 PM
- Washington Post reporter suspended amid backlash over Kobe Bryant tweet Monday 3:08 PM
- America is united in hating Ken Starr’s impeachment hat Monday 3:01 PM
- In ‘Cuties,’ the contradictions of growing up come to a head Monday 1:55 PM
- Racist tweets blame fruit bat soup for coronavirus Monday 1:25 PM
- What is the #ILeftTheGOP movement? Monday 1:21 PM
- The Grammys were weird and sad—but the Billy Porter hat memes offered some levity Monday 12:36 PM
- Auschwitz Museum calls on Facebook to ban Holocaust denialism Monday 11:59 AM
- YouTuber who said his girlfriend was dead now says he faked it Monday 11:42 AM
- Review: Kentucky Route Zero is one of the most magical games ever made Monday 11:00 AM
- Backlash grows against Clearview as lawsuit looms Monday 10:58 AM
- Tyler the Creator calls out the Grammys for racism over ‘Rap Album’ win Monday 10:25 AM
- Democrats call on John Bolton to testify after book bombshell Monday 9:56 AM
If there was any doubt that the world is already in love with Kylie Jenner’s new baby, Stormi, the numbers speak for themselves.
Jenner’s photo announcing the name of her baby girl on Feb. 5 has already skyrocketed to the most-liked Instagram post of all time, surpassing even Beyoncé’s iconic pregnancy photo from 2017.
Her social media presence is usually omnipresent, but Jenner was uncharacteristically quiet in the months leading up to Stormi’s birth, and fans speculated that she was pregnant despite her silence on the topic. She confirmed via Instagram on Feb. 4 that she had given birth to her first child with Travis Scott.
“I’m sorry for keeping you in the dark through all the assumptions,” Jenner wrote on the post. “I understand you’re used to me bringing you along on all my journeys. My pregnancy was one I chose not to do in front of the world.”
A few days later, Jenner revealed her daughter’s name to be Stormi Webster. The post—which is a photo of Stormi’s tiny hand clinging to Jenner’s thumb—gained more than 14 million likes in the first 24 hours it was up.
Jenner’s photo passed up Beyoncé’s floral photo announcing her pregnancy with twins, which has more than 11 million likes.
“We would like to share our love and happiness,” Beyoncé wrote in the post. “We have been blessed two times over. We are incredibly grateful that our family will be growing by two, and we thank you for your well wishes.”
Kris Seavers is the IRL editor for the Daily Dot. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.