- Father of mega-popular Ace Family YouTube channel accused of rape 2 Years Ago
- This Italian town ‘banned’ Google Maps after people kept getting lost 2 Years Ago
- Fornite emerges from black hole with Chapter 2 Today 1:21 PM
- Everything Google announced at today’s Pixel event Today 1:12 PM
- Netflix sued over line about interrogation technique in ‘When They See Us’ Today 12:52 PM
- Twitch streamer says racist trolls got her banned for ‘suggestive’ outfit Today 12:47 PM
- Everything you need to know about Google’s new Pixel phones Today 12:47 PM
- ‘Portrait of a Lady on Fire’ is a transcendent, lesbian period romance Today 12:32 PM
- Where to stream ‘Zombieland’ before ‘Double Tap’ comes out Today 12:04 PM
- ‘Deadpool’ screenwriter says that Disney sequel will still be R-rated Today 11:45 AM
- #DeleteFacebook trends amid report of Zuckerberg meeting with prominent conservatives Today 11:45 AM
- The Pixelbook Go is Google’s first attempt at a mid-range Chromebook Today 11:33 AM
- All the games coming to Google Stadia Today 10:49 AM
- Google just announced a line of Nest-branded smart home products Today 10:36 AM
- ‘Fake news’ is helping conspiracy theorists deny Turkish atrocities Today 10:15 AM
If there was any doubt that the world is already in love with Kylie Jenner’s new baby, Stormi, the numbers speak for themselves.
Jenner’s photo announcing the name of her baby girl on Feb. 5 has already skyrocketed to the most-liked Instagram post of all time, surpassing even Beyoncé’s iconic pregnancy photo from 2017.
Her social media presence is usually omnipresent, but Jenner was uncharacteristically quiet in the months leading up to Stormi’s birth, and fans speculated that she was pregnant despite her silence on the topic. She confirmed via Instagram on Feb. 4 that she had given birth to her first child with Travis Scott.
“I’m sorry for keeping you in the dark through all the assumptions,” Jenner wrote on the post. “I understand you’re used to me bringing you along on all my journeys. My pregnancy was one I chose not to do in front of the world.”
A few days later, Jenner revealed her daughter’s name to be Stormi Webster. The post—which is a photo of Stormi’s tiny hand clinging to Jenner’s thumb—gained more than 14 million likes in the first 24 hours it was up.
Jenner’s photo passed up Beyoncé’s floral photo announcing her pregnancy with twins, which has more than 11 million likes.
“We would like to share our love and happiness,” Beyoncé wrote in the post. “We have been blessed two times over. We are incredibly grateful that our family will be growing by two, and we thank you for your well wishes.”
Kris Seavers is the IRL editor for the Daily Dot. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.