- Southwest Airlines passengers receive free Nintendo Switch consoles and Mario Maker 2 Wednesday 9:10 PM
- The Deplorable Choir drops diss track aimed at 4 congresswomen from Trump’s racist tweets Wednesday 8:09 PM
- Florida city is pushing homeless people out by playing ‘Baby Shark’ on a loop Wednesday 7:27 PM
- A ‘Gossip Girl’ reboot is coming to HBO Max–and fans are not happy with the casting details Wednesday 6:44 PM
- Beto can’t leverage his slave owner ancestry to gain Black voters’ trust Wednesday 5:51 PM
- Oakland to become the third U.S. city to ban facial recognition Wednesday 5:50 PM
- ‘Release the Snyder Cut’ billboards pop up outside of San Diego Comic-Con Wednesday 5:24 PM
- Iggy Azalea and Peppa Pig have an epic Twitter fight Wednesday 4:39 PM
- Should you be concerned about your privacy on FaceApp? Wednesday 4:15 PM
- Google ‘terminates’ Dragonfly, its censored search engine for China Wednesday 3:33 PM
- AOC rips Facebook during Libra House hearing Wednesday 3:14 PM
- The time traveler conversation meme finds its way to TikTok Wednesday 2:52 PM
- Grimes claims she had an ‘experimental’ eye surgery and practices sword fighting Wednesday 2:42 PM
- 70 Border Patrol employees under investigation for posts in secret Facebook group Wednesday 1:45 PM
- Republican’s Operation Safe Return criticized as cover for mass deporation Wednesday 1:42 PM
Kylie Jenner’s Instagram posts are worth up to $1 million a pop
Kylie Jenner, influencer of influencers, earns more money per Instagram photo than any other Instagrammer. WWD reports that each of the 20-year-old Jenner sister’s posts is valued at a cool $1 million.
Jenner outranks the other members of the Kardashian clan and even the most-followed Instagrammer in the world, Selena Gomez, when it comes to earnings per post. Gomez boasts 139 million followers; Jenner has 111 million.
my girl @premadonna87 hooked me up with the @waistgangsociety snap back package. #ad waistgang has the BEST quality snap back products. make sure you get your package & follow @waistgangsociety to join & keep up the journey together. tag us in photos, and head over to www.whatsawaist.com NOW! Use code (Kylie) for an exclusive discount & I can keep up with your progress ‼️ #waistgangsociety #waistgang #fitness #whatwaist #whatsawaist.com
A post shared by Kylie (@kyliejenner) on
The, ahem, “self-made” almost-billionaire also rakes in cash from modeling and her cosmetics company. Forbes came under fire earlier this month for giving Jenner full credit for her own wealth without taking into account the massive leg-up she had from being born into an already-famous and successful family.
But there’s no denying Jenner’s incredible social media prowess. In February, her declaration via Twitter that she stopped opening Snapchat (because its redesign sucked) cost the company over $1 billion in market value.
H/T the Cut
Kris Seavers is the Evening Editor for the Daily Dot, where she covers breaking news, politics, and LGBTQ issues. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.