- Man allegedly targeted trans women on dating app, robbed them at knifepoint 2 Weeks Ago
- Researchers expose how Amazon Echo and Google Home can steal passwords 2 Weeks Ago
- Facebook removing Instagram Story filters that mimic plastic surgery 2 Weeks Ago
- Mom solves ‘ghost baby’ image mystery after viral post Today 1:23 PM
- Elon Musk tweeted ‘through space’ Today 1:16 PM
- Don’t want a Fitbit? These step tracker apps got you covered Today 12:51 PM
- Protesters sing ‘Baby Shark’ to soothe frightened toddler Today 12:47 PM
- Who is Babu Frik, the adorable, teeny mechanic from ‘Rise of Skywalker’? Today 12:36 PM
- Senators push for social media data portability Today 12:11 PM
- ‘Stage Fright’ is a therapeutic lens into Jenny Slate’s weird world Today 11:34 AM
- Congressmen call on Twitter to shut down accounts for Hamas, Hezbollah Today 11:12 AM
- How to stream Lakers vs. Clippers Today 11:02 AM
- Popular Twitch streamer banned for something he didn’t even say Today 10:13 AM
- What is going on with C-3PO in the final trailer for ‘The Rise of Skywalker’? Today 10:04 AM
- Amazon’s facial recognition misidentified Boston athletes as criminals Today 9:08 AM
Kylie Jenner faced backlash on social media this week after sharing a video of her new Bugatti.
Though it’s not the first time Jenner has shared a Bugatti on Instagram, the young billionaire flaunted her own ride over the weekend, according to Page Six. The Bugatti Chiron is worth an estimated $3 million, and critics flooded to the post to share their thoughts on how the money could have been better used.
Jenner promptly deleted the Instagram post but has not responded directly to her critics. Some people showed support for the 22-year-old model’s spending habits, noting she should be able to choose how she spends her money. The majority of commenters, however, criticized the young model for not putting the money toward an altruistic effort.
“How can people justify buying more cars then (sic) they possibly need when there are people out there who can’t eat,” one person commented, according to the Blast. “Like I get it’s your money and you earn it but HOW do you justify not doing good with it I just don’t get it. They money you spent on this you could of fed a village for a year at LEAST.”
Other commenters shared the sentiment. “Oh yay! Another new car! Meanwhile there’s ppl struggling to make ends meet and feed themselves,” one person wrote. “I’m happy for her but damn when is enough enough?”
Jenner has more than 147 million Instagram followers. She’s had a rocky year between her breakup with rapper Travis Scott and a sudden bout of illness during Paris fashion week. The Bugatti controversy is far from the worst backlash she’s received, but the speed with which she removed the post indicates that she’s hearing the criticism. That, or the young lip kit mogul is just tired of dealing with peeved fans.
- Kylie Jenner accused of appropriating the hijab in photo shoot
- YouTuber Trisha Paytas faces backlash after claiming to be a trans man
- Woman says she was sexually harassed by fellow passengers on flight
H/T Page Six
Nahila Bonfiglio reports on geek culture and gaming. Her work has also appeared on KUT's Texas Standard (Austin), KPAC-FM (San Antonio), and the Daily Texan.