- Jake Paul can’t escape Logan Paul’s shadow—even if that loyalty has hurt his career 4 Months Ago
- Kobe Bryant’s Oscar-winning ‘Dear Basketball’ is now available to stream for free Today 12:21 PM
- ‘Joker’ ad compares Todd Phillips to Gandhi Today 12:10 PM
- Mom learned about her special needs son’s abuse by seeing TikTok video Today 11:21 AM
- Influencer gets revenge on her male trolls with Instagram account Today 10:32 AM
- Conservatives are frothing over a Ukraine joke told on CNN Today 10:26 AM
- Dua Lipa isn’t canceled—but her fans are defending her in #DuaLipaIsOverParty like she is Today 9:21 AM
- These YouTube videos claim to show the Kobe Bryant helicopter crash (they don’t) Today 9:08 AM
- More than 40 colleges say they won’t use facial recognition on campus Today 8:32 AM
- LeBron’s Instagram tribute to Kobe is devastating Today 7:56 AM
- ‘Rise of Empires: Ottoman’ is ‘Game of Thrones’ for history buffs Today 7:00 AM
- People on Twitter ask whose ancestors would’ve passed immigrant ‘wealth test’ Monday 6:54 PM
- Kobe Bryant helicopter crash mocked in teen’s TikTok video Monday 6:38 PM
- Chiefs, Bears, Packers have Twitter accounts hacked Monday 3:48 PM
- Washington Post reporter suspended amid backlash over Kobe Bryant tweet Monday 3:08 PM
Kylie Jenner faced backlash on social media this week after sharing a video of her new Bugatti.
Though it’s not the first time Jenner has shared a Bugatti on Instagram, the young billionaire flaunted her own ride over the weekend, according to Page Six. The Bugatti Chiron is worth an estimated $3 million, and critics flooded to the post to share their thoughts on how the money could have been better used.
Jenner promptly deleted the Instagram post but has not responded directly to her critics. Some people showed support for the 22-year-old model’s spending habits, noting she should be able to choose how she spends her money. The majority of commenters, however, criticized the young model for not putting the money toward an altruistic effort.
“How can people justify buying more cars then (sic) they possibly need when there are people out there who can’t eat,” one person commented, according to the Blast. “Like I get it’s your money and you earn it but HOW do you justify not doing good with it I just don’t get it. They money you spent on this you could of fed a village for a year at LEAST.”
Other commenters shared the sentiment. “Oh yay! Another new car! Meanwhile there’s ppl struggling to make ends meet and feed themselves,” one person wrote. “I’m happy for her but damn when is enough enough?”
Jenner has more than 147 million Instagram followers. She’s had a rocky year between her breakup with rapper Travis Scott and a sudden bout of illness during Paris fashion week. The Bugatti controversy is far from the worst backlash she’s received, but the speed with which she removed the post indicates that she’s hearing the criticism. That, or the young lip kit mogul is just tired of dealing with peeved fans.
- Kylie Jenner accused of appropriating the hijab in photo shoot
- YouTuber Trisha Paytas faces backlash after claiming to be a trans man
- Woman says she was sexually harassed by fellow passengers on flight
H/T Page Six
Nahila Bonfiglio reports on geek culture and gaming. Her work has also appeared on KUT's Texas Standard (Austin), KPAC-FM (San Antonio), and the Daily Texan.