- Far-right troll Jacob Wohl scammed a Trump fan out of $25,000 1 Year Ago
- How to stream Browns vs. Buccaneers in key preseason action Today 7:02 AM
- Harness the power of sun: The best solar-powered phone charges Today 6:00 AM
- Majority of threats made since El Paso and Dayton shootings have been made online Thursday 8:00 PM
- Miley Cyrus tweets about cheating allegations and penis cake drama Thursday 6:32 PM
- ‘The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance’ dazzles with a timely tale Thursday 6:00 PM
- The DOJ emailed a white nationalist blog post to immigration judges Thursday 5:31 PM
- The Amazon rainforest is on fire–and people are using memes to cope Thursday 4:11 PM
- Microsoft contractors listened in on Xbox users Thursday 2:15 PM
- Anti-vaxxer assaults pro-vaccine lawmaker on Facebook Live (updated) Thursday 2:15 PM
- Oreos licked by singer Lewis Capaldi are being auctioned off on eBay Thursday 1:54 PM
- Zach Braff predicted Sean Spicer would be on ‘Dancing With the Stars’ 2 years ago Thursday 1:38 PM
- NYPD sergeant who watched Eric Garner die punished with lost vacation days Thursday 1:27 PM
- Brie Larson haters have a meltdown over a joke about Thor’s hammer Thursday 1:26 PM
- This comedian attempted to make fun of women on Twitter—and it did not go over well Thursday 1:04 PM
Earlier this month, PewDiePie, who has 65 million YouTube subscribers, called KSI and Paul “scumbags” for their shenanigans leading up to their $8 pay-per-view fight. Previously, Paul had ripped KSI (19.1 million subscribers) for sexually objectifying women, and KSI responded to that by calling Paul (18 million subscribers) a coward.
In response to their feud, PewDiePie said, “Logan Paul plays the moral high ground, and I guess against KSI, that’s not really hard to do. But for Logan Paul to do this, it’s interesting, very interesting. And a lot of people bought it, and he does it really well because he has a strong argument … Now KSI, he is a scumbag. You’re both scumbags. KSI has made the same [sexist] comments about my future wife, Marzia, and I never respond to it because it’s just cringey. … It’s such a low comment.
“…There are so many videos where Logan is equally as bad as KSI in my opinion … These guys are purely driven by money.”
“He has no ground to talk at all,” KSI said. “He is probably … no, he is the person who ruined a lot of people’s lives on YouTube with his comments and with his whole anti-Semitism. But he’s still around. It’s his opinion. I don’t really care.”
In recent days, Paul and his brother, Jake Paul, have claimed they want to compete against professional mixed martial arts fighters. Perhaps KSI would be best suited to try to get PewDiePie in the ring with him next.
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.