- Animator for Netflix’s ‘Carmen Sandiego’ says he was fired after asking for fair pay Sunday 3:17 PM
- YouTube reverses decision to remove creators’ badges Sunday 1:47 PM
- How video game developer Valve got served secret subpoena as part of FBI’s counterterrorism fight Sunday 12:31 PM
- Aron Eisenberg, ‘Star Trek: Deep Space Nine’ actor, dead at 50 Sunday 11:35 AM
- Who needs glass slippers? This Cinderella cosplayer upgraded with a stunning glass arm Sunday 10:19 AM
- How to check if Yahoo owes you $358 Sunday 9:25 AM
- How to stream Bears vs. Redskins on Monday Night Football Sunday 7:00 AM
- What are the best alternatives to the electoral college? Sunday 6:30 AM
- The best PS4 games you can’t play anywhere else Sunday 6:00 AM
- How to watch the 2019 Emmy Awards Sunday 5:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6, episode 5 Sunday 4:00 AM
- Former developer at software company deletes his code to protest its ties to ICE Saturday 4:21 PM
- A mysterious website is doxing Hong Kong protesters and journalists Saturday 1:44 PM
- The best ‘Skyrim’ followers and how to get them Saturday 1:26 PM
- Why Joel Osteen gets cyberbullied every time Houston floods Saturday 12:40 PM
It’s official: singer King Princess has won the internet.
The songstress, whose real name is Mikaela Straus, has found a way to make the otherwise lackluster second season of HBO’s Big Little Lies into something worth talking about. And all she had to do was take the screams of Meryl Streep’s character Mary Louise and turn them into a hypnotic techno track.
Take a listen below.
The song “Mary-Luiz” is supposed to be a tribute to the rage Mary Louise feels as she tries to wrestle with the fact that her son is gone. And, as Mary Luise is screaming, Nicole Kidman’s character Celeste can be heard in the sub beat saying “Mary Louise.”
It’s horrifying and blistering. Hopefully, it also has a shot at finally overtaking “Old Town Road” as the current anthem of the internet.
“This is a track very close to my heart and puss,” wrote King Princess on Twitter. “Thank you to skylar and logan for additional prod and good vibes in the studio all around. Special thanks to henry for the gik and the gak. Thank you to @ the real Meryl Streep for the feature.”
this is a track very close to my heart and puss. Thank you to skylar and logan for additional prod and good vibes in the studio all around. Special thanks to henry for the gik and the gak. Thank you to @ the real Meryl Streep for the feature. pic.twitter.com/mA9pEMj1S0— King Princess (@KingPrincess69) July 30, 2019
She even made her own music video to the track, in which one can hear Mary Louise’s opening verse: “We should scream, and beat our breast and tear our hair! Don’t you feel angry?”
“I don’t mean to startle you with this news, but Meryl will be coming out at lollapalooza with me. during my set.”
I don’t mean to startle you with this news, but Meryl will be coming out at lollapalooza with me. during my set. pic.twitter.com/SSKMEqdijd— King Princess (@KingPrincess69) July 30, 2019
Well, at least something good came from this season of Big Little Lies.
In case you missed Meryl’s scream, watch below.
Dominic-Madori Davis is a recent graduate of the University of Southern California. She covers the internet, politics, and social issues.