- Amazon says police can hold on to Ring videos indefinitely 4 Months Ago
- Henry Cavill on the prospect of playing Superman again: ‘the cape is still in the closet’ 4 Months Ago
- Why does Pete Buttigieg always tweet ‘buh’? 4 Months Ago
- Noah Hawley will direct the next ‘Star Trek’ movie starring Chris Pine 4 Months Ago
- Vidgo is a streaming bonanza of live sports Today 8:40 AM
- Reap the benefits of CBD with these organic CBD tinctures Today 8:17 AM
- How to stream Hulu in 4K Today 7:12 AM
- The far-right is mobilizing to get Roger Stone pardoned Today 7:00 AM
- Artist Yumi Sakugawa uses Instagram to tackle creative shame Today 6:00 AM
- Is that Rosa Parks in random Twitter user’s baby photo? Tuesday 8:24 PM
- Syracuse students say white supremacist manifesto was AirDropped to them Tuesday 7:44 PM
- Florida woman gets prison time for throwing slushie at Matt Gaetz Tuesday 6:28 PM
- Marie Kondo’s online store slammed for selling clutter-worthy products Tuesday 5:34 PM
- People are rallying against toxic masculinity on International Men’s Day Tuesday 4:42 PM
- Reddit wants to stop its pro-Trump forum from outing the alleged whistleblower Tuesday 3:38 PM
It’s official: singer King Princess has won the internet.
The songstress, whose real name is Mikaela Straus, has found a way to make the otherwise lackluster second season of HBO’s Big Little Lies into something worth talking about. And all she had to do was take the screams of Meryl Streep’s character Mary Louise and turn them into a hypnotic techno track.
Take a listen below.
The song “Mary-Luiz” is supposed to be a tribute to the rage Mary Louise feels as she tries to wrestle with the fact that her son is gone. And, as Mary Luise is screaming, Nicole Kidman’s character Celeste can be heard in the sub beat saying “Mary Louise.”
It’s horrifying and blistering. Hopefully, it also has a shot at finally overtaking “Old Town Road” as the current anthem of the internet.
“This is a track very close to my heart and puss,” wrote King Princess on Twitter. “Thank you to skylar and logan for additional prod and good vibes in the studio all around. Special thanks to henry for the gik and the gak. Thank you to @ the real Meryl Streep for the feature.”
this is a track very close to my heart and puss. Thank you to skylar and logan for additional prod and good vibes in the studio all around. Special thanks to henry for the gik and the gak. Thank you to @ the real Meryl Streep for the feature. pic.twitter.com/mA9pEMj1S0— King Princess (@KingPrincess69) July 30, 2019
She even made her own music video to the track, in which one can hear Mary Louise’s opening verse: “We should scream, and beat our breast and tear our hair! Don’t you feel angry?”
“I don’t mean to startle you with this news, but Meryl will be coming out at lollapalooza with me. during my set.”
I don’t mean to startle you with this news, but Meryl will be coming out at lollapalooza with me. during my set. pic.twitter.com/SSKMEqdijd— King Princess (@KingPrincess69) July 30, 2019
Well, at least something good came from this season of Big Little Lies.
In case you missed Meryl’s scream, watch below.
Dominic-Madori Davis is a recent graduate of the University of Southern California. She covers the internet, politics, and social issues.