- ‘Joker’ ad compares Todd Phillips to Gandhi 6 Months Ago
- Mom learned about her special needs son’s abuse by seeing TikTok video 6 Months Ago
- Influencer gets revenge on her male trolls with Instagram account Today 10:32 AM
- Conservatives are frothing over a Ukraine joke told on CNN Today 10:26 AM
- Dua Lipa isn’t canceled—but her fans are defending her in #DuaLipaIsOverParty like she is Today 9:21 AM
- These YouTube videos claim to show the Kobe Bryant helicopter crash (they don’t) Today 9:08 AM
- More than 40 colleges say they won’t use facial recognition on campus Today 8:32 AM
- LeBron’s Instagram tribute to Kobe is devastating Today 7:56 AM
- ‘Rise of Empires: Ottoman’ is ‘Game of Thrones’ for history buffs Today 7:00 AM
- People on Twitter ask whose ancestors would’ve passed immigrant ‘wealth test’ Monday 6:54 PM
- Kobe Bryant helicopter crash mocked in teen’s TikTok video Monday 6:38 PM
- Chiefs, Bears, Packers have Twitter accounts hacked Monday 3:48 PM
- Washington Post reporter suspended amid backlash over Kobe Bryant tweet Monday 3:08 PM
- America is united in hating Ken Starr’s impeachment hat Monday 3:01 PM
- In ‘Cuties,’ the contradictions of growing up come to a head Monday 1:55 PM
Kid Rock, a would-be Senate candidate, and musician who supports President Donald Trump denigrated Taylor Swift in a sexist tweet on Friday, accusing the Grammy Award-winning singer of being a Democrat to boost her movie career.
Rock, who’s been open about his conservative leanings, got graphic, writing that she would “suck the door knob off Hollyweird” to be in the movies.
Taylor Swift wants to be a democrat because she wants to be in movies….period. And it looks like she will suck the door knob off Hollyweird to get there. Oldest move in the book. Good luck girl.— Kid Rock (@KidRock) August 9, 2019
The 29-year-old Swift will soon appear in the much-anticipated film version of Cats, which is due later this year. She has yet to respond to the tweet publicly.
Rock hasn’t specified what sparked the nasty tweet. However, Swift’s just-released Vogue cover story features a discussion of her desire to utilize her voice for social change.
This is an especially shitty thing to say. But it's laughable given that Kid Rock is happy to suck the door knob off the oval office to get some press from the sitting POTUS. https://t.co/l8lWGKvl0C— Brahnson Villosus (@BrahnsonV) August 9, 2019
Earlier this year, Swift sent a letter to Sen. Lamar Alexander (R-Tenn.) urging him to vote yes to the federal Equality Act, an amendment to the Civil Rights Act which would outlaw discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity.
Of course, the internet had much to say about Rock’s tweet.
YOUR NAME IS DUMBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB...— Tony Posnanski (@tonyposnanski) August 9, 2019
Eat a pile of shit fuckface. Just because you sold cassettes in the 90’s doesn’t make you relevant today, shithead.
- Kid Rock walked into the White House and walked out a meme
- Kid Rock donates $122K raised from fake Senate stunt
- Kid Rock: ‘F**k no, I’m not running for Senate’
Got five minutes? We’d love to hear from you. Help shape our journalism and be entered to win an Amazon gift card by filling out our 2019 reader survey.
Kahron Spearman is a music and film critic whose work can also regularly be regularly found in the Austin Chronicle.