- Animator for Netflix’s ‘Carmen Sandiego’ says he was fired after asking for fair pay Sunday 3:17 PM
- YouTube reverses decision to remove creators’ badges Sunday 1:47 PM
- How video game developer Valve got served secret subpoena as part of FBI’s counterterrorism fight Sunday 12:31 PM
- Aron Eisenberg, ‘Star Trek: Deep Space Nine’ actor, dead at 50 Sunday 11:35 AM
- Who needs glass slippers? This Cinderella cosplayer upgraded with a stunning glass arm Sunday 10:19 AM
- How to check if Yahoo owes you $358 Sunday 9:25 AM
- How to stream Bears vs. Redskins on Monday Night Football Sunday 7:00 AM
- What are the best alternatives to the electoral college? Sunday 6:30 AM
- The best PS4 games you can’t play anywhere else Sunday 6:00 AM
- How to watch the 2019 Emmy Awards Sunday 5:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6, episode 5 Sunday 4:00 AM
- Former developer at software company deletes his code to protest its ties to ICE Saturday 4:21 PM
- A mysterious website is doxing Hong Kong protesters and journalists Saturday 1:44 PM
- The best ‘Skyrim’ followers and how to get them Saturday 1:26 PM
- Why Joel Osteen gets cyberbullied every time Houston floods Saturday 12:40 PM
Kid Rock, a would-be Senate candidate, and musician who supports President Donald Trump denigrated Taylor Swift in a sexist tweet on Friday, accusing the Grammy Award-winning singer of being a Democrat to boost her movie career.
Rock, who’s been open about his conservative leanings, got graphic, writing that she would “suck the door knob off Hollyweird” to be in the movies.
Taylor Swift wants to be a democrat because she wants to be in movies….period. And it looks like she will suck the door knob off Hollyweird to get there. Oldest move in the book. Good luck girl.— Kid Rock (@KidRock) August 9, 2019
The 29-year-old Swift will soon appear in the much-anticipated film version of Cats, which is due later this year. She has yet to respond to the tweet publicly.
Rock hasn’t specified what sparked the nasty tweet. However, Swift’s just-released Vogue cover story features a discussion of her desire to utilize her voice for social change.
This is an especially shitty thing to say. But it's laughable given that Kid Rock is happy to suck the door knob off the oval office to get some press from the sitting POTUS. https://t.co/l8lWGKvl0C— Brahnson Villosus (@BrahnsonV) August 9, 2019
Earlier this year, Swift sent a letter to Sen. Lamar Alexander (R-Tenn.) urging him to vote yes to the federal Equality Act, an amendment to the Civil Rights Act which would outlaw discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity.
Of course, the internet had much to say about Rock’s tweet.
YOUR NAME IS DUMBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB...— Tony Posnanski (@tonyposnanski) August 9, 2019
Eat a pile of shit fuckface. Just because you sold cassettes in the 90’s doesn’t make you relevant today, shithead.
- Kid Rock walked into the White House and walked out a meme
- Kid Rock donates $122K raised from fake Senate stunt
- Kid Rock: ‘F**k no, I’m not running for Senate’
Got five minutes? We’d love to hear from you. Help shape our journalism and be entered to win an Amazon gift card by filling out our 2019 reader survey.
Kahron Spearman is a music and film critic whose work can also regularly be regularly found in the Austin Chronicle.