- Debunking the right-wing conspiracy theories from today’s impeachment hearing 3 Months Ago
- Maroon 5 approves of the latest TikTok trend Today 3:54 PM
- ‘One month left in the decade’ meme wants to know what you’ve accomplished Today 3:53 PM
- Facebook Pay is the latest way to send your friends money Today 3:31 PM
- Diving into ‘The Mandalorian’s first big shocker Today 3:17 PM
- Disney+ will allow password sharing—to an extent Today 1:12 PM
- Black server says manager refused to discipline coworkers who sent racist receipt Today 12:47 PM
- Who is Jonah Hauer-King, Disney’s new Prince Eric? Today 12:47 PM
- Cut Katherine Langford ‘Avengers: Endgame’ scene lands on Disney+ Today 12:22 PM
- Planned Parenthood app to show abortion-seeking users their nearest options Today 12:21 PM
- ‘The Imagineering Story’ offers touching insight into Walt Disney’s vision Today 11:57 AM
- YouTube mom who was charged with child abuse dead at 48 Today 11:39 AM
- Every Marvel Cinematic Universe movie and show missing from Disney+ (and when they’ll show up) Today 11:35 AM
- HBO Max is planning a ‘Friends’ reunion special Today 11:10 AM
- 18 games you’ll want to have for all your holiday parties Today 11:09 AM
Kid Rock, a would-be Senate candidate, and musician who supports President Donald Trump denigrated Taylor Swift in a sexist tweet on Friday, accusing the Grammy Award-winning singer of being a Democrat to boost her movie career.
Rock, who’s been open about his conservative leanings, got graphic, writing that she would “suck the door knob off Hollyweird” to be in the movies.
Taylor Swift wants to be a democrat because she wants to be in movies….period. And it looks like she will suck the door knob off Hollyweird to get there. Oldest move in the book. Good luck girl.— Kid Rock (@KidRock) August 9, 2019
The 29-year-old Swift will soon appear in the much-anticipated film version of Cats, which is due later this year. She has yet to respond to the tweet publicly.
Rock hasn’t specified what sparked the nasty tweet. However, Swift’s just-released Vogue cover story features a discussion of her desire to utilize her voice for social change.
This is an especially shitty thing to say. But it's laughable given that Kid Rock is happy to suck the door knob off the oval office to get some press from the sitting POTUS. https://t.co/l8lWGKvl0C— Brahnson Villosus (@BrahnsonV) August 9, 2019
Earlier this year, Swift sent a letter to Sen. Lamar Alexander (R-Tenn.) urging him to vote yes to the federal Equality Act, an amendment to the Civil Rights Act which would outlaw discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity.
Of course, the internet had much to say about Rock’s tweet.
YOUR NAME IS DUMBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB...— Tony Posnanski (@tonyposnanski) August 9, 2019
Eat a pile of shit fuckface. Just because you sold cassettes in the 90’s doesn’t make you relevant today, shithead.
- Kid Rock walked into the White House and walked out a meme
- Kid Rock donates $122K raised from fake Senate stunt
- Kid Rock: ‘F**k no, I’m not running for Senate’
Got five minutes? We’d love to hear from you. Help shape our journalism and be entered to win an Amazon gift card by filling out our 2019 reader survey.
Kahron Spearman is a music and film critic whose work can also regularly be regularly found in the Austin Chronicle.