- Review: ‘Star Trek: Picard’ is a triumphant return for Patrick Stewart 2 Months Ago
- ‘American Dirt’ controversy inspires meme about Latinx stereotypes in literature Wednesday 9:02 PM
- What is the TikTok ‘flex challenge’? Wednesday 8:03 PM
- GoFundMe to send ‘Target Tori’ on vacation raises more than $30K Wednesday 6:54 PM
- Furries stop domestic assault in viral video Wednesday 6:10 PM
- Gritty under police investigation for allegedly punching a teen fan Wednesday 6:04 PM
- Twitter users throw animal parties with emoji in new meme Wednesday 5:21 PM
- Woman who went viral supporting Soleimani killing exposed as Libyan militia lobbyist Wednesday 5:01 PM
- Jeff Bezos subtweets Saudi prince following phone hack report Wednesday 3:29 PM
- ‘Yeah, good. OK’ Bernie Sanders meme is a new way to dismiss people Wednesday 3:10 PM
- ‘Vanderpump Rules’ recap: Petty displays of affection Wednesday 2:12 PM
- Makeup artist transforms into Timothée Chalamet on TikTok Wednesday 1:54 PM
- Iguanas are falling from trees—and people are selling them online for food Wednesday 1:02 PM
- 75,000 sign petition to fire Wendy Williams after ‘cleft lip’ comment about Joaquin Phoenix Wednesday 12:30 PM
- Kim Kardashian says Kylie Jenner’s setting spray is ‘cheap sh*t’ Wednesday 11:59 AM
In footage obtained by TMZ, Kid Rock called out both Winfrey and Joy Behar amidst jeers and boos from people in the crowded bar.
“Fuck Oprah Winfrey,” he can be heard saying in the clip.
“I’m not the bad guy,” he tries to argue before saying Winfrey and Behar could both “suck a dick sideways.”
He also took aim at another talk show host, Kathie Lee Gifford, but directed most of his verbal attacks at Winfrey. In response to hypothetical critics who he says would say “‘Well, I’m pretty sure Kid Rock’s a racist,” he says. “I’m, like, ‘Fine. Fuck off,’ sideways.”
One fan is heard screaming “racist” at Kid Rock. By the end of the approximately two-minute video, security is seen escorting him off the stage.
Many were outraged by the musician’s comments and criticized him on Twitter, with some doubling down on allegations that Kid Rock is racist and misogynistic.
“Nothing screams ‘I’m not a racist’ like characterizing a successful black woman as a villain w/o any valid reason. In case you can’t read my sarcasm, Kid Rock is a fucking racist, despite his denial,” Twitter user @heidilane wrote in response to the news.
Kid Rock can go fuck himself.— Palmer Report (@PalmerReport) November 30, 2019
At his trashy honky tonk in Nashville, Kid Rock goes on a misogynistic, racist tirade on stage about Oprah Winfrey whilst appearing visibly drunk, then minutes later insists he isn’t racist.— Ricky Davila (@TheRickyDavila) November 29, 2019
Ladies and Gentlemen, a true representative of the MAGA Cult.
Others pointed out Kid Rock’s Republican affiliation and the tendency for right-wing celebrities to say wild, outrageous (and even racist) things in public.
“Ever notice that every ‘celebrity’ that goes Republican also happens to be washed up and have gone batshit crazy? Kid Rock. James Woods. Dennis Miller. Victoria Jackson. Kanye West. Chuck Norris. Dean Cain,” Twitter user @fakeMitt_Romney wrote.
Ever notice that every “celebrity” that goes Republican also happens to be washed up and have gone batshit crazy? Kid Rock. James Woods. Dennis Miller. Victoria Jackson. Kanye West. Chuck Norris. Dean Cain. https://t.co/ZNZ9e0J5Fu— Fake Mitt Romney (@fakeMitt_Romney) November 29, 2019
After Kid Rock’s onstage meltdown, he further berated Winfrey on Twitter.
“My people tried to get me to do The Oprah Winfrey Show years ago and her people wanted me to write down 5 reasons why I loved her and her show. I said fuck that and her. End of story,” he tweeted, along with a rainbow-colored flag.
My people tried to get me to do The Oprah Winfrey show years ago and her people wanted me to write down 5 reasons why I loved her and her show…🏳️🌈 I said fuck that and her. End of story.— Kid Rock (@KidRock) November 29, 2019
- Kid Rock trashes Taylor Swift in sexist tweet
- Kid Rock walked into the White House and walked out a meme
- Kid Rock’s latest profanity-filled political speech addresses gay rights, his ‘d**k’
Tiffanie Drayton is a geek culture and lifestyle reporter whose work covers everything from gender and race to anime and Xbox. Her work has appeared in Complex, Salon, Marie Claire, Playboy, and elsewhere.