- @MugJerry and the quest for Instagram justice 1 Week Ago
- Angela Abar wrestles with destiny in ‘Watchmen’ episode 8 Sunday 9:05 PM
- Guy who runs Trump Organization Twitter account caught hyping up own tweet Sunday 4:51 PM
- People found out how tall Olaf is–and now ‘Frozen’ is terrifying Sunday 3:41 PM
- Rapper Juice WRLD dead at 21 Sunday 3:02 PM
- Embody Andrew Yang, fight other presidential candidates in video game Sunday 2:33 PM
- Ariana Grande spoke with TikTok teen who looks exactly like her Sunday 1:00 PM
- Beyoncé accused of paying dancers ‘low rates’ Sunday 11:58 AM
- Timmy Thick blasted for saying the N-word in comeback video Sunday 9:11 AM
- Netflix’s ‘The Confession Killer’ is a devastating and well-built portrait of a con artist Sunday 8:00 AM
- Swipe This! I’m ashamed to tell anyone about my online shopping habit Sunday 6:00 AM
- UPS facing backlash for thanking police after employee killed in shootout Saturday 5:02 PM
- Sanders campaign fires staffer after anti-Semitic, homophobic tweets surface Saturday 3:13 PM
- Brother Nature was attacked, says everyone just watched with phones out Saturday 2:45 PM
- Ryan Reynolds’ gin company hires Peloton wife for ad Saturday 1:24 PM
In footage obtained by TMZ, Kid Rock called out both Winfrey and Joy Behar amidst jeers and boos from people in the crowded bar.
“Fuck Oprah Winfrey,” he can be heard saying in the clip.
“I’m not the bad guy,” he tries to argue before saying Winfrey and Behar could both “suck a dick sideways.”
He also took aim at another talk show host, Kathie Lee Gifford, but directed most of his verbal attacks at Winfrey. In response to hypothetical critics who he says would say “‘Well, I’m pretty sure Kid Rock’s a racist,” he says. “I’m, like, ‘Fine. Fuck off,’ sideways.”
One fan is heard screaming “racist” at Kid Rock. By the end of the approximately two-minute video, security is seen escorting him off the stage.
Many were outraged by the musician’s comments and criticized him on Twitter, with some doubling down on allegations that Kid Rock is racist and misogynistic.
“Nothing screams ‘I’m not a racist’ like characterizing a successful black woman as a villain w/o any valid reason. In case you can’t read my sarcasm, Kid Rock is a fucking racist, despite his denial,” Twitter user @heidilane wrote in response to the news.
Kid Rock can go fuck himself.— Palmer Report (@PalmerReport) November 30, 2019
At his trashy honky tonk in Nashville, Kid Rock goes on a misogynistic, racist tirade on stage about Oprah Winfrey whilst appearing visibly drunk, then minutes later insists he isn’t racist.— Ricky Davila (@TheRickyDavila) November 29, 2019
Ladies and Gentlemen, a true representative of the MAGA Cult.
Others pointed out Kid Rock’s Republican affiliation and the tendency for right-wing celebrities to say wild, outrageous (and even racist) things in public.
“Ever notice that every ‘celebrity’ that goes Republican also happens to be washed up and have gone batshit crazy? Kid Rock. James Woods. Dennis Miller. Victoria Jackson. Kanye West. Chuck Norris. Dean Cain,” Twitter user @fakeMitt_Romney wrote.
Ever notice that every “celebrity” that goes Republican also happens to be washed up and have gone batshit crazy? Kid Rock. James Woods. Dennis Miller. Victoria Jackson. Kanye West. Chuck Norris. Dean Cain. https://t.co/ZNZ9e0J5Fu— Fake Mitt Romney (@fakeMitt_Romney) November 29, 2019
After Kid Rock’s onstage meltdown, he further berated Winfrey on Twitter.
“My people tried to get me to do The Oprah Winfrey Show years ago and her people wanted me to write down 5 reasons why I loved her and her show. I said fuck that and her. End of story,” he tweeted, along with a rainbow-colored flag.
My people tried to get me to do The Oprah Winfrey show years ago and her people wanted me to write down 5 reasons why I loved her and her show…🏳️🌈 I said fuck that and her. End of story.— Kid Rock (@KidRock) November 29, 2019
- Kid Rock trashes Taylor Swift in sexist tweet
- Kid Rock walked into the White House and walked out a meme
- Kid Rock’s latest profanity-filled political speech addresses gay rights, his ‘d**k’
Tiffanie Drayton is a geek culture and lifestyle reporter whose work covers everything from gender and race to anime and Xbox. Her work has appeared in Complex, Salon, Marie Claire, Playboy, and elsewhere.