- Instagram and Facebook are reportedly blocking queer ads Friday 8:58 PM
- Review: Tyler Perry’s ‘A Fall From Grace’ is both nonsensical and utterly predictable Friday 6:48 PM
- Is Hulu censoring the Iran episode of Anthony Bourdain’s ‘Parts Unknown’? Friday 6:05 PM
- Trump admin celebrates Michelle Obama’s birthday by proposing rollback of her signature initiative Friday 4:01 PM
- TSA apologizes after agent grabs indigenous woman’s braids, says ‘giddyup’ Friday 3:28 PM
- Blue Bell ice cream licker pleads guilty Friday 2:54 PM
- 7 fortune-telling sites for when you’re bored Friday 2:21 PM
- Governor bans sex puns on free condom wrappers Friday 2:16 PM
- Is Justin Bieber’s ‘Yummy’ video secretly about Pizzagate? Friday 1:01 PM
- Woah Vicky rips out her hair in botched cultural appropriation attempt Friday 12:30 PM
- Here’s an exclusive look at ‘Weathering With You’ Friday 11:57 AM
- TikTok dudes are dipping their balls in soy sauce for ‘science’ Friday 11:49 AM
- Pete Buttigieg’s denial of fixing bread prices becomes its own meme Friday 11:10 AM
- Houston Astros get torched with buzzer memes after new revelation Friday 10:41 AM
- Teens are eating cereal out of each other’s mouths for clout Friday 10:34 AM
Last night, Kim Kardashian West posted a series of photos with Kid Cudi, Kanye West, Pete Davidson and Timothée Chalamet hanging out, seemingly having a great time. Yes, you read those names right. It’s an odd combination of people. How do they know each other? Why were they together? Well, Kim’s caption said, “Happy Birthday Kid Cudi,” so it seems they were there to celebrate Cudi’s birthday. But, still why this group?
People on Twitter were equally as confused. “Is it just me, or did no one else expect these four people to be in the same room together?” someone responded to Kim.
Is it just me, or did no one else expect these four people to be in the same room together?— Kelley Klein (@okaykelley) January 31, 2019
“Simulation is acting up,” someone else noted.
stimulation is acting up https://t.co/Xbx9LFyeAm— christine (@feelingfades) January 31, 2019
“Just woke up and the first thing I see is these four people together never been more confused in my life,” someone on Twitter said.
just woke up and the first thing i see is these four people together never been more confused in my life https://t.co/ZIBcFyYrc7— alina (@loversinfilm) January 31, 2019
Some people compared the photo to Leonardo da Vinci’s “The Last Supper” painting.
I can’t tell the difference pic.twitter.com/bMj087QjQO— Ruby Almaguer (@almaguerruby) January 31, 2019
Let’s unpack this. The most obvious connection here is Kanye West and Kid Cudi. The artists are longtime collaborators. Last summer, they released their joint album, Kids See Ghosts.
Davidson has publically expressed his love for Cudi. In 2016, he told the Breakfast Club that if Man on the Moon didn’t come out, he wouldn’t be here. “I would’ve killed myself if I didn’t have Kid Cudi,” he said. So it makes sense that he would be there to celebrate his birthday.
The real wildcard here is Chalamet. People on Twitter want to know how he fits into this puzzle.
wtf is timothée doing here https://t.co/VBH8l9rEjJ— bea (@DRACARYHS) January 31, 2019
Is that... tIMMY??? https://t.co/myVpqmuO7R— HARRY DAY! (@velvetinehes) January 31, 2019
The only connection I can find is that the two have gushed over each other on Twitter recently.
STAN LEVEL 368483 https://t.co/9zcs9CFB5x— Timothée Chalamet (@RealChalamet) March 27, 2018
And that seems reason enough to invite someone to your birthday. So, there you have it, folks. Maybe the simulation glitched or maybe the world of celebrities is just as elusive as we have been led to believe.
Gabrielle Sorto is an Atlanta-based freelance writer covering culture, lifestyle, and news. Her work has appeared in CNN, Teen Vogue, INSIDER, and Vice. She can usually be found writing with an overpriced coffee in hand or hanging out with her dog, Rihanna, who is named after exactly who you think.