- How ‘Stranger Things’ is inspiring new waves of Dungeons and Dragons fans 7 Months Ago
- Why you should be watching ‘Red vs Blue’ on Netflix 7 Months Ago
- How to live stream Sergey Kovalev vs. Anthony Yarde Today 5:00 AM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. Real Valladolid Friday 10:44 PM
- How to stream Liverpool vs. Arsenal Friday 10:28 PM
- How to stream Manchester United vs. Crystal Palace Friday 10:05 PM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Norwich City Friday 8:55 PM
- How to stream the 2019-20 Serie A season Friday 8:05 PM
- Tom Brady keeps supplying us with new meme material Friday 5:55 PM
- Emails reveal Facebook’s knowledge of Cambridge Analytica Friday 3:43 PM
- ‘Fast and Furious’ + ‘American Ninja Warrior’ = Netflix’s ‘Hyperdrive’ Friday 3:15 PM
- Trump jokes drop in Dow is because Seth Moulton dropped out of 2020 race Friday 3:13 PM
- What we learned when we visited Mr. B, America’s chonkiest cat Friday 1:46 PM
- Trump’s new plan to fight opioid overdose? This tweet Friday 1:06 PM
- Fitness influencer shamed for ‘sharing numbers’ in weight loss posts Friday 1:04 PM
Last night, Kim Kardashian West posted a series of photos with Kid Cudi, Kanye West, Pete Davidson and Timothée Chalamet hanging out, seemingly having a great time. Yes, you read those names right. It’s an odd combination of people. How do they know each other? Why were they together? Well, Kim’s caption said, “Happy Birthday Kid Cudi,” so it seems they were there to celebrate Cudi’s birthday. But, still why this group?
People on Twitter were equally as confused. “Is it just me, or did no one else expect these four people to be in the same room together?” someone responded to Kim.
Is it just me, or did no one else expect these four people to be in the same room together?— Kelley Klein (@okaykelley) January 31, 2019
“Simulation is acting up,” someone else noted.
stimulation is acting up https://t.co/Xbx9LFyeAm— christine (@feelingfades) January 31, 2019
“Just woke up and the first thing I see is these four people together never been more confused in my life,” someone on Twitter said.
just woke up and the first thing i see is these four people together never been more confused in my life https://t.co/ZIBcFyYrc7— alina (@loversinfilm) January 31, 2019
Some people compared the photo to Leonardo da Vinci’s “The Last Supper” painting.
I can’t tell the difference pic.twitter.com/bMj087QjQO— Ruby Almaguer (@almaguerruby) January 31, 2019
Let’s unpack this. The most obvious connection here is Kanye West and Kid Cudi. The artists are longtime collaborators. Last summer, they released their joint album, Kids See Ghosts.
Davidson has publically expressed his love for Cudi. In 2016, he told the Breakfast Club that if Man on the Moon didn’t come out, he wouldn’t be here. “I would’ve killed myself if I didn’t have Kid Cudi,” he said. So it makes sense that he would be there to celebrate his birthday.
The real wildcard here is Chalamet. People on Twitter want to know how he fits into this puzzle.
wtf is timothée doing here https://t.co/VBH8l9rEjJ— bea (@DRACARYHS) January 31, 2019
Is that... tIMMY??? https://t.co/myVpqmuO7R— HARRY DAY! (@velvetinehes) January 31, 2019
The only connection I can find is that the two have gushed over each other on Twitter recently.
STAN LEVEL 368483 https://t.co/9zcs9CFB5x— Timothée Chalamet (@RealChalamet) March 27, 2018
And that seems reason enough to invite someone to your birthday. So, there you have it, folks. Maybe the simulation glitched or maybe the world of celebrities is just as elusive as we have been led to believe.
Gabrielle Sorto is an Atlanta-based freelance writer covering culture, lifestyle, and news. Her work has appeared in CNN, Teen Vogue, INSIDER, and Vice. She can usually be found writing with an overpriced coffee in hand or hanging out with her dog, Rihanna, who is named after exactly who you think.