- How to uninstall the Epic Games Launcher (for real) 4 Months Ago
- How to watch the Indianapolis 500 online for free 4 Months Ago
- Ohio KKK rally met with massive counter-protest and witty signs from local businesses Saturday 5:06 PM
- Guy who said he stole drugs from MS-13 now says viral story is fake Saturday 4:07 PM
- Financial service company left 885 million private records exposed online Saturday 3:13 PM
- Sasha Obama went to prom and Twitter is delighted with the photos Saturday 2:22 PM
- Jon Voight says Trump is the greatest president since Lincoln in Twitter videos Saturday 1:31 PM
- #DeleteFacebook gains momentum after the platform refused to remove doctored Nancy Pelosi videos Saturday 11:58 AM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ failed women—and it’s a shame on its legacy Saturday 7:40 AM
- How to use Tor, the network that lets you browse the web anonymously Saturday 7:30 AM
- How to live stream Devin Haney vs. Antonio Moran on DAZN Saturday 7:00 AM
- Trump’s transphobic policies are disgusting—but they aren’t new Saturday 6:30 AM
- How to watch the Copa del Rey Final online for free Saturday 5:45 AM
- How to watch the DFB-Pokal final for free Saturday 5:30 AM
- Curvy Wife Guy drops music video for rap song ‘Chubby Sexy’ Friday 7:33 PM
Kanye West, Kid Cudi, Pete Davidson … and Timothée Chalamet??
Last night, Kim Kardashian West posted a series of photos with Kid Cudi, Kanye West, Pete Davidson and Timothée Chalamet hanging out, seemingly having a great time. Yes, you read those names right. It’s an odd combination of people. How do they know each other? Why were they together? Well, Kim’s caption said, “Happy Birthday Kid Cudi,” so it seems they were there to celebrate Cudi’s birthday. But, still why this group?
— Kim Kardashian West (@KimKardashian) January 31, 2019
People on Twitter were equally as confused. “Is it just me, or did no one else expect these four people to be in the same room together?” someone responded to Kim.
Is it just me, or did no one else expect these four people to be in the same room together?
— Kelley Klein (@okaykelley) January 31, 2019
“Simulation is acting up,” someone else noted.
stimulation is acting up https://t.co/Xbx9LFyeAm
— christine (@feelingfades) January 31, 2019
“Just woke up and the first thing I see is these four people together never been more confused in my life,” someone on Twitter said.
just woke up and the first thing i see is these four people together never been more confused in my life https://t.co/ZIBcFyYrc7
— alina (@loversinfilm) January 31, 2019
Some people compared the photo to Leonardo da Vinci’s “The Last Supper” painting.
I can’t tell the difference pic.twitter.com/bMj087QjQO
— Ruby Almaguer (@almaguerruby) January 31, 2019
Let’s unpack this. The most obvious connection here is Kanye West and Kid Cudi. The artists are longtime collaborators. Last summer, they released their joint album, Kids See Ghosts.
Davidson has publically expressed his love for Cudi. In 2016, he told the Breakfast Club that if Man on the Moon didn’t come out, he wouldn’t be here. “I would’ve killed myself if I didn’t have Kid Cudi,” he said. So it makes sense that he would be there to celebrate his birthday.
The real wildcard here is Chalamet. People on Twitter want to know how he fits into this puzzle.
wtf is timothée doing here https://t.co/VBH8l9rEjJ
— bea (@DRACARYHS) January 31, 2019
Is that… tIMMY??? https://t.co/myVpqmuO7R
— HARRY DAY! (@velvetinehes) January 31, 2019
The only connection I can find is that the two have gushed over each other on Twitter recently.
— The Chosen One (@KidCudi) March 26, 2018
STAN LEVEL 368483 https://t.co/9zcs9CFB5x
— Timothée Chalamet (@RealChalamet) March 27, 2018
And that seems reason enough to invite someone to your birthday. So, there you have it, folks. Maybe the simulation glitched or maybe the world of celebrities is just as elusive as we have been led to believe.
Gabrielle Sorto is an Atlanta-based freelance writer covering culture, lifestyle, and news. Her work has appeared in CNN, Teen Vogue, INSIDER, and Vice. She can usually be found writing with an overpriced coffee in hand or hanging out with her dog, Rihanna, who is named after exactly who you think.