- John Bolton becomes the most uncomfortable resistance hero yet 2 Years Ago
- Robert Eggers on the long, hard road to ‘The Lighthouse’ 2 Years Ago
- How to watch the fourth 2020 Democratic debate 2 Years Ago
- Is social media normalizing cultural appropriation? Today 7:45 AM
- Zoë Kravitz will play Catwoman after being told she was too ‘urban’ for ‘Dark Knight Rises’ Today 6:36 AM
- The 5 best Spike Lee movies Today 5:00 AM
- Jesse Eisenberg and Imogen Poots visit suburban hell in ‘Vivarium’ Today 4:30 AM
- Spoiler-free review: HBO’s ‘Watchmen’ leans into the comic’s political side Today 3:00 AM
- #DogsAgainstBrexit highlights the negative impact of Brexit on pets Monday 7:44 PM
- Congress investigating whether vaping manufacturers used social media bots Monday 6:34 PM
- Influencer accuses Lisa Frank of stealing apartment design, says that’s why she’s getting evicted (updated) Monday 6:12 PM
- Brits are sharing their ‘awfully British Amazon reviews’ on Twitter Monday 4:08 PM
- How to stream Mexico vs. Panama in Concacaf Nations League play Monday 3:38 PM
- How to stream U.S. vs. Canada in the Concacaf Nations League tournament Monday 3:21 PM
- Fortnite’s black hole launches conspiracy theories and memes Monday 3:19 PM
North West celebrated her fourth birthday this month, which could’ve potentially called for a celebration more lavish than we’ll ever see in our lifetimes. But at least one family member opted for a more modest, brain-teasing gift that earned a shoutout on Kim Kardashian‘s social media.
Rather than a pink fur that’s got Nori dressin’ like Cam, Kendall Jenner bought her niece a Smithsonian science book full of age-appropriate experiments. She also included pre-packaged ingredients for several of her favorite experiments from the book, including sticky slime and sugar crystal lollipops.
Kardashian praised her sister’s gift for its thoughtfulness and cuteness, and Twitter users quickly chimed in to applaud “Auntie Kendall.”
Kendall's gift to North on Kim's snap story is SO cute! Not some designer outfit or whatever but actually really creative.— MKhaleesi (@MaryKateCabac) June 26, 2017
Kendall's birthday gift to North was honestly so creative, I love Auntie Kendall❤ pic.twitter.com/gtU0FoCvMt— willow (@shapeofkendall) June 26, 2017
As with anything the Jenners do, the gift also drew some criticism. One cynical observer suggested that perhaps Jenner didn’t buy the ingredients herself, while another questioned the integrity of the science book.
I wonder which one of Kendall Jenner's assistants got all of North's birthday present ingredients that Kim posted on Insta— jeri (@REBELOFNYC) June 26, 2017
that "science book" that kendall got north looks more like an art book— ★milk★ (@clairebekickin) June 26, 2017
Perhaps these critics should remind themselves that North just turned four years old. Kudos, Auntie Kendall.
Bryan Rolli is a reporter who specializes in streaming entertainment. He writes about music and film for Forbes, Billboard, and the Austin American-Statesman. He met Flavor Flav in two separate Las Vegas bowling alleys and still can’t stop talking about it.