- Maxine Waters rips into Zuckerberg during Libra hearing 1 Year Ago
- Chrissy Teigen draws the ire of QAnon fans for criticizing conspiracy 1 Year Ago
- This Twitch streamer was shocked to discover a fan made videos of all her sneezes Today 9:28 AM
- ‘Rick and Morty’ episode title reveal highlights how dumb episode title reveals are Today 9:27 AM
- Ajit Pai is unhappy states are bucking his agency’s net neutrality repeal Today 9:04 AM
- Paul Rudd’s appearance on ‘Hot Ones’ becomes an instantly iconic meme Today 8:23 AM
- Network of fake news sites in Michigan appears to be right-wing propaganda effort Today 6:30 AM
- ‘BoJack Horseman’ hints at a brutal reckoning in its final season Today 5:30 AM
- How to stream Barcelona vs. Slavia Praha in the Champions League Today 2:00 AM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Ajax in the Champions League Today 1:00 AM
- People are using #WheresLindsey to criticize Graham over Trump ‘lynching’ defense Tuesday 8:22 PM
- 2 Proud Boys sentenced to 4 years in prison for attacking antifa protesters Tuesday 7:20 PM
- Paul Joseph Watson is very upset by bartender serving beer with her butt Tuesday 6:24 PM
- Twitter developing a policy to combat deepfakes Tuesday 5:28 PM
- The Nate Diaz vs. Jorge Masvidal bout at UFC 244 is perfect for NYC and its fight mecca Tuesday 5:27 PM
In the shadiest way possible, singer and actress Katharine McPhee is doing her part to make sure people register to vote.
McPhee on Tuesday tweeted a photo of herself and American Idol season 5 winner Taylor Hicks. Hicks is pictured with his arm raised in a victorious pose, and McPhee looks happy for him. But she ended up losing that season to Hicks, which would be frustrating for anyone.
Even though Hicks emerged victorious, many on Twitter—including McPhee herself—seem to agree that she deserved the win.
Honestly, if this burn doesn’t move you to get off your butt, get registered, and vote in the midterms, then maybe nothing will. Have you seen the world we’re living in today? It’s not pretty. You want to do something about it, right?
It is 2018 and Taylor Hicks just snatched my wig. pic.twitter.com/b8sHFZW0ZR— Rob (@ElderPoptart) August 28, 2018
This isn’t the first time McPhee has posted a witty caption. She’s a hilarious and approachable Twitter personality, and her followers are probably used to these kind of playful—yet shady—posts. Still, this was a particularly excellent burn.
Ooo girl you just singed my eyebrows off....🔥🔥🔥— Kathy Griffin (@kathygriffin) August 28, 2018
You’re absolutely right.. voting matters. pic.twitter.com/N3nth8poHO— Blair (@MissClemm) August 28, 2018
Its not shade if its a fact. pic.twitter.com/eSNLRg1kOx— Justin Jay, The Sunkissed (@_DubzyWubzy_) August 28, 2018
Hicks hasn’t released an album since 2009. Meanwhile, McPhee’s been spreading her wings as an actress and burning up shows and movies left and right, plus starring in the Broadway musical Waitress, which just wrapped earlier this month. She’s making waves, while we’re not hearing much from Hicks.
The lesson here is that votes do matter, whether they’re for American Idol contestants or elected officials.
If you missed your chance to vote for McPhee, it’s not too late to make up for it in the midterm officials. Get out there and get registered!
Brittany Vincent has covered gaming, anime, tech, and entertainment for over a decade. When she’s not writing, she’s replaying Um Jammer Lammy or Day of the Tentacle for the hundredth time while pining for a Harvester sequel. Find her on Twitter @MolotovCupcake.