- What exactly is ‘too adult’ for Disney+? 1 Year Ago
- How tall is Michael Bloomberg? 1 Year Ago
- The ’24 hours to respond’ meme holds celebrities to a higher standard Monday 8:46 PM
- Twitter users miss the kids who walked in on their dad’s interview Monday 8:40 PM
- ‘The Thing About Men’ Twitter hashtag is full of sarcasm and misogyny Monday 7:27 PM
- This woman said Hillary Clinton losing the 2016 election gave her PTSD, and people are furious Monday 6:45 PM
- Vanessa Bryant files a lawsuit against helicopter company after deaths of Kobe and Gianna Monday 5:49 PM
- Michael Jordan cries at Kobe Bryant memorial, jokes about creating a new meme Monday 4:43 PM
- Woman’s boyfriend says it’s him or the frogs—Reddit says choose the frogs Monday 4:22 PM
- Greyhound buses will no longer allow Border Patrol checks Monday 4:04 PM
- ‘Eat Them To Defeat Them’ is oddly about vegetables—not about eating the rich Monday 3:26 PM
- Marco Rubio mocked for filming talking while driving socialism critique Monday 2:54 PM
- QAnon believer asks Trump’s campaign press secretary who Q is Monday 2:36 PM
- Octavia Spencer has discovered ‘Ma’ memes—and she can’t get enough Monday 2:09 PM
- Meet the anti-Greta Thunberg, a climate ‘skeptic’ funded by the oil industry Monday 1:12 PM
“I just wanted to express some things that were not sitting right with my spirit,” West says in the first of four videos.
He initially addresses Cannon, who in a recent interview with VladTV discussed Kardashian’s body and whether or not she had plastic surgery when they used to date. “Yo, that white girl got ass,” Cannon says.
West wasn’t having it. “In an interview, don’t mention my wife. If someone brings my wife up, you say, ‘I respect that man, I’m not speaking on that.'”
‘Ye then switches topics to Drake, requesting that he make a public statement on recent rumors. People have speculated that Drake referred to a sexual relationship with Kardashian, whose family nickname is Kiki, in his song “In My Feelings.”
“The fact that it’s people making rumors or thinking that you fucked my wife, and you not saying nothing or you carrying it like that, that don’t sit well with my spirit,” West says, adding that if Drake were married to Rihanna, he wouldn’t make a song about “Riri.”
He also takes issue with lyrics from an unreleased Drake and Future collab that references Kylie and Kendall Jenner. “So, period is like don’t speak on nobody from my family, nothing that can be even mentioned on my wife, period,” West says.
Finally, West tells Tyson Beckford—who has had some beef with Kardashian in recent months—to shut up about his wife. His bottom line? West says, “Like none of y’all speak on my wife, period.”
Update 7:34pm CT, Sept. 20: Nick Cannon responded to Kanye West on Thursday with a Instagram videos of his own, Complex reports. He first says he has “nothing but love and respect” for the fellow rapper before asserting that he can say whatever he wants.
“I honestly gotta say this, my dude: I’ve never said anything disrespectful or harmful, in my opinion, to your marriage or your union. I salute it, keep it going,” Cannon says. “But you not gonna tell me what I can and what I can’t say. I’m a solid individual, and if somebody asks me a question, I’m gonna answer it to the best of my ability.”
Cannon ends by inviting West to come on his show Wild n’ Out to clear up any beef.
Kris Seavers is the IRL editor for the Daily Dot. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.