- Teen’s photo of Nazi-themed school-dance invite goes viral 3 Years Ago
- Ben Shapiro comes out as pro-baby Hitler in March for Life message 3 Years Ago
- Facebook staffers caught writing 5-star Amazon reviews for Portal speaker 3 Years Ago
- R. Kelly supporters are using #FirstThem to protect him 3 Years Ago
- Lin-Manuel Miranda tweets his disappointment about Trump and Puerto Rico Today 1:28 PM
- YouTuber Simone Giertz reveals her brain tumor has returned Today 1:07 PM
- ‘Conversations With a Killer: The Ted Bundy Tapes’ feels like a bad one-man show Today 12:37 PM
- Post-cataclysmic sci-fi flick ‘IO’ fails to stand out in its saturated genre Today 12:30 PM
- Trump peddles right-wing ‘prayer rug’ conspiracy Today 11:29 AM
- Summit1G reportedly overtakes Ninja as king of Twitch subscribers Today 11:18 AM
- FCC’s request to postpone net neutrality case denied by federal court Today 11:02 AM
- School employee investigated for yelling, ‘Build the wall,’ at picketing teachers Today 10:50 AM
- Netflix announces staggering viewership for ‘You’—but many are skeptical Today 10:50 AM
- YouTuber Jesus Christ responds to sexual misconduct allegation Today 10:32 AM
- Pro-Trump Twitter blasts BuzzFeed report claiming Trump directed Cohen to lie to Congress Today 10:24 AM
He’s been missing for a week.
Tobias Strebel, the 35-year-old man who got plastic surgery to resemble Justin Bieber, has been reported missing.
According to ABC7, Strebel (who previously went by the name Toby Sheldon) was last seen in West Hollywood on Aug. 18, and friend Mel Espinoza told the outlet it’s “very unusual” that he’s been missing this long, especially without leaving a note.
Strebel entered the limelight after appearing on E!’s plastic surgery reality show Botched in 2014. Last year he also appeared in a music video with fellow celebrity impersonators who’d gotten plastic surgery to look like Madonna and Jennifer Lawrence. Strebel allegedly spent roughly $100,000 to look more like a version of the younger Bieber. His Twitter and Instagram accounts haven’t been updated in some time.
Police say he may have been driving a 2009 Toyota Camry. The LAPD is still looking for leads.
Update Aug. 26, 6:28pm: TMZ reports that Sheldon was found dead Aug. 21 in a Motel 6 in the San Fernando Valley. A cause of death has not been determined.
Audra Schroeder is the Daily Dot’s senior entertainment writer, and she focuses on streaming, comedy, and music. Her work has previously appeared in the Austin Chronicle, the Dallas Observer, NPR, ESPN, Bitch, and the Village Voice. She is based in Austin, Texas.