- People are celebrating #BiVisibilityDay with art and selfies 4 Years Ago
- Six U.S. cities among the world’s most surveilled places 4 Years Ago
- Facebook page faces backlash for selling ‘Christian yoga certification’ Today 2:03 PM
- A million-mile Tesla battery may be around the corner Today 1:29 PM
- Our 5 favorite AirPod charging cases at every price point Today 1:10 PM
- Amazon Prime almost completely swept the Emmys’ comedy section Today 12:31 PM
- People are outraged that a 6-year-old was arrested for a temper tantrum Today 12:26 PM
- A tropical storm named Karen is sparking jokes about calling the manager Today 12:18 PM
- Patriotic Facebook page reaching millions of Americans is run by Ukrainians Today 12:11 PM
- Review: ‘Color Out of Space’ and the cosmic horror of an uninvited guest Today 11:58 AM
- Snap’s ‘Project Voldemort’ dossier details Facebook’s bullying tactics Today 11:42 AM
- Conservatives compare teen activist Greta Thunberg to Nazi poster girl Today 11:17 AM
- Trump’s immigration czar is upset climate activists are calling out capitalism Today 10:47 AM
- A bunch of popular YouTube channels were the victims of a nasty hack Today 10:10 AM
- Austin City Limits, Bonnaroo, other festivals pledge to not use facial recognition Today 9:47 AM
Tobias Strebel, the 35-year-old man who got plastic surgery to resemble Justin Bieber, has been reported missing.
According to ABC7, Strebel (who previously went by the name Toby Sheldon) was last seen in West Hollywood on Aug. 18, and friend Mel Espinoza told the outlet it’s “very unusual” that he’s been missing this long, especially without leaving a note.
Strebel entered the limelight after appearing on E!’s plastic surgery reality show Botched in 2014. Last year he also appeared in a music video with fellow celebrity impersonators who’d gotten plastic surgery to look like Madonna and Jennifer Lawrence. Strebel allegedly spent roughly $100,000 to look more like a version of the younger Bieber. His Twitter and Instagram accounts haven’t been updated in some time.
Police say he may have been driving a 2009 Toyota Camry. The LAPD is still looking for leads.
Update Aug. 26, 6:28pm: TMZ reports that Sheldon was found dead Aug. 21 in a Motel 6 in the San Fernando Valley. A cause of death has not been determined.
Audra Schroeder is the Daily Dot’s senior entertainment writer, and she focuses on streaming, comedy, and music. Her work has previously appeared in the Austin Chronicle, the Dallas Observer, NPR, ESPN, Bitch, and the Village Voice. She is based in Austin, Texas.