- Trump says he’s meeting with vaping industry as administration readies new rules 2 Years Ago
- Everything you need to know about Google Reverse Image Search 2 Years Ago
- Hong Kong police caught on live stream shooting protester 2 Years Ago
- Twitter proposes adding warnings to tweets with deepfakes Today 10:43 AM
- Dak Prescott’s pregame warmup becomes an instant meme Today 10:40 AM
- lhan Omar baselessly accused of anti-Semitism for billionaires tweet Today 10:15 AM
- Tulsi Gabbard wants Hillary Clinton to retract her Russia accusations Today 9:24 AM
- 21 stoner gift ideas that don’t involve buying weed Today 9:13 AM
- PayPal and Venmo’s anti-terrorism regulations are causing headaches for average businesses Today 9:06 AM
- Consumers claim the Apple Card is sexist Today 8:44 AM
- Twitch bans Viperous for allegedly using racial slur during live stream Today 8:18 AM
- ‘Rick and Morty’ takes a stab at its own offseason meta-narrative Today 7:06 AM
- Virtual reality is a surprisingly great tool for therapeutic conversations Today 7:00 AM
- What it means to be pangender Today 6:00 AM
- Why Lady Trieu’s costume is so significant in ‘Watchmen’ episode 4 Sunday 9:45 PM
Three Instagram accounts, islahgang, BZLL, and Cal695, were tagged in the caption of the nude photo, which claimed, “we run da scene.” However, all three accounts have since been suspended from Instagram.
On Twitter, user Cal695 tweeted that they had been banned from an unnamed platform for the fifth time, and also shared a tweet from singer Jacob Sartorius, which said that he had been hacked on Instagram. It’s unclear if Cal695 on Twitter is associated with the same username on Instagram. A Twitter account for user islahgang has also been suspended.
i'm hacked on instagram bruhhhhhhhhhh— Jacob Sartorius (@jacobsartorius) August 28, 2017
Variety confirmed Gomez was the victim of a hack. Her account went offline, was re-secured, and went back up minutes later with the photos of Bieber removed.
The nude photos of Bieber came were originally published by the New York Daily News in 2015, and were taken while the singer was on vacation in Bora Bora. At the time, Bieber said the photos, which were secretly taken of him from a far distance, made him feel “super violated.”
“My first thing was like… how can they do this? Like, I feel super violated. Like, I feel like I can’t step outside and feel like I can go outside naked. Like, you should feel comfortable in your own space… especially that far away,” he told Access Hollywood.
Gomez and Bieber have dated on and off since 2011. With more than 125 million followers, Gomez holds the most-followed Instagram account in the world.
H/T Page Six
Samantha Grasso is a former IRL staff writer for the Daily Dot with a reporting emphasis on immigration. Her work has appeared on Los Angeles Magazine, Death And Taxes, Revelist, Texts From Last Night, Austin Monthly, and she has previously contributed to Texas Monthly.