- How to live stream Oleksandr Gvozdyk vs. Artur Beterbiev Thursday 7:00 PM
- Shaggy says an online scammer is impersonating him Thursday 6:53 PM
- IRL Barbie Malibu Dreamhouse available to rent on Airbnb Thursday 6:16 PM
- Men’s Humor trolled for unknowingly tweeting Grindr conversation Thursday 5:29 PM
- How to stream Dominick Reyes vs. Chris Weidman Thursday 5:00 PM
- Jennifer Aniston had a finsta before officially joining Instagram Thursday 4:35 PM
- Facebook denies moderating comments under Zuckerberg’s big free speech live stream Thursday 2:38 PM
- ‘My headphones’ meme proves our music is sadder than we look Thursday 1:53 PM
- ‘Time for an upgrade’ meme shows Kamala Harris’ team is too online Thursday 1:35 PM
- Prison guards reportedly mocked trans inmates in private Facebook groups Thursday 1:33 PM
- Gradient is the new celebrity look-alike app winning over influencers Thursday 12:46 PM
- Trolls accuse cosplayer of ‘appropriating’ Joker culture (updated) Thursday 12:28 PM
- Every Studio Ghibli movie will stream exclusively on HBO Max Thursday 12:24 PM
- ‘Stranger Things’ season 3 saw its highest viewer numbers yet Thursday 12:01 PM
- ‘We vape, we vote’ movement insists it’s real in wake of bot reports Thursday 12:01 PM
Watch a 25-year-old Jon Hamm creep out some lady on a dating show
He wasn’t always as smooth as Don Draper.
Celebrities: They’re just like us. They do their laundry. They go grocery shopping. And they’re really, really awkward when they try to pick up ladies.
Mad Men star and sentient Disney prince cartoon Jon Hamm proved this back in 1996, with his ill-fated appearance on the short-lived dating show The Big Date.
In the clip, a 20-something year old Hamm, identified as a “waiter” (look at that bowl cut! Mein Gott!), is trying to woo Mary, a lovely lady with a fondness for lavender eye makeup, foot rubs, and totally unnecessary scarves.
When host Mark L. Wahlberg (of Temptation Island fame!) asks Hamm what their ideal first date would be, he says he’d “start off with some fabulous food, a little fabulous conversation, and a fabulous foot massage for an evening of fabulosity.”
Mary’s response to that creeptastic come-on is priceless:
Here’s the full vid, if you wanna get your daily dose of cringe this morning.
H/T Buzzfeed | Screengrab via Lighthearted Entertainment/YouTube
EJ Dickson is a writer and editor who primarily covers sex, dating, and relationships, with a special focus on the intersection of intimacy and technology. She served as the Daily Dot’s IRL editor from January 2014 to July 2015. Her work has since appeared in the New York Times, Rolling Stone, Mic, Bustle, Romper, and Men’s Health.