- What is the TikTok drink and can you still get it? Thursday 9:27 PM
- “Party, Party, Party” TikTok meme grapples with party culture Thursday 8:43 PM
- Baby Yoda was just added to Sims 4 Thursday 7:54 PM
- Religious conservatives petition Netflix to pull ‘gay Jesus’ Christmas comedy Thursday 7:19 PM
- Kylie Jenner criticized for yet another expensive car post Thursday 5:57 PM
- Apex Legends became a major Pornhub search in 2019 Thursday 5:15 PM
- CBS accidentally interviewed InfoWars host as regular Trump supporter Thursday 4:31 PM
- TLC accused of fatphobia, fetishization with show about ‘mixed-weight’ couples Thursday 3:41 PM
- Betting odds show KSI could fight FaZe Sensei, Jake Paul, or Justin Bieber next Thursday 3:20 PM
- Nick Cannon releases another thirsty Eminem diss track Thursday 2:59 PM
- Dogs at polling stations are helping bark out the vote in the U.K. Thursday 1:00 PM
- Streamers dominated Pornhub searches in 2019 Thursday 12:59 PM
- Pro and anti-boot factions emerge in wake of ‘Wonder Woman 1984’ trailer Thursday 12:31 PM
- The ‘Rise of Skywalker’ press tour has turned into a rehash of ‘The Last Jedi’ Thursday 12:18 PM
- What’s in a TikTok username? Thursday 12:00 PM
Watch a 25-year-old Jon Hamm creep out some lady on a dating show
He wasn’t always as smooth as Don Draper.
Celebrities: They’re just like us. They do their laundry. They go grocery shopping. And they’re really, really awkward when they try to pick up ladies.
Mad Men star and sentient Disney prince cartoon Jon Hamm proved this back in 1996, with his ill-fated appearance on the short-lived dating show The Big Date.
In the clip, a 20-something year old Hamm, identified as a “waiter” (look at that bowl cut! Mein Gott!), is trying to woo Mary, a lovely lady with a fondness for lavender eye makeup, foot rubs, and totally unnecessary scarves.
When host Mark L. Wahlberg (of Temptation Island fame!) asks Hamm what their ideal first date would be, he says he’d “start off with some fabulous food, a little fabulous conversation, and a fabulous foot massage for an evening of fabulosity.”
Mary’s response to that creeptastic come-on is priceless:
Here’s the full vid, if you wanna get your daily dose of cringe this morning.
H/T Buzzfeed | Screengrab via Lighthearted Entertainment/YouTube
EJ Dickson is a writer and editor who primarily covers sex, dating, and relationships, with a special focus on the intersection of intimacy and technology. She served as the Daily Dot’s IRL editor from January 2014 to July 2015. Her work has since appeared in the New York Times, Rolling Stone, Mic, Bustle, Romper, and Men’s Health.