- ‘Star Trek’s Jonathan Frakes calls out your lies with this new meme Saturday 3:46 PM
- #JusticeForLucca trends after video shows police slam Black teen’s head into pavement Saturday 3:11 PM
- The internet is shocked to learn that Goombas do, in fact, have arms Saturday 2:02 PM
- PayPal, GoFundMe cut off armed militia that detains migrants at border Saturday 1:16 PM
- Barnwood theft may be on the rise because of ‘Fixer Upper’—and fans aren’t having it Saturday 12:23 PM
- Literary Twitter calls out Dzanc Books for Islamophobic, racist novel Saturday 11:40 AM
- How to watch Crawford vs. Khan online Saturday 10:00 AM
- Beyoncé has 2 more projects coming to Netflix after ‘Homecoming’ Saturday 9:53 AM
- How to watch Danny Garcia vs. Adrian Granados for free Saturday 9:00 AM
- The ‘Feeling Cute Challenge’ turns ugly after correctional officers abuse it Saturday 7:30 AM
- How to watch ‘How High 2’ for free Saturday 7:00 AM
- Swipe This! My ex-BFF keeps sliding into my DMs, but I don’t want to be friends Saturday 6:30 AM
- Watch ‘I Am Somebody’s Child: The Regina Louise Story’ for free Saturday 6:00 AM
- How to watch Barcelona vs. Real Sociedad for free Saturday 6:00 AM
- How to stream UFC Fight Night 149 for free Saturday 5:30 AM
Actor Johnny Depp is looking rather thin in recent photos posted on Instagram, making fans wonder if he’s prepping for a new movie role or is simply sick.
Depp posed with fans at a Four Seasons hotel in St. Petersburg, Russia, last week, while on tour with his band Hollywood Vampires. The 54-year-old guitarist looked visibly thinner than in previous appearances.
“I think my hero looks ill,” one user commented on Facebook of the shared fan photo.
Other comments included, “He looks thin” and “F-k me is that Johnny Depp?”
Folks on Twitter were split on whether Depp looks ill or actually looks happy and healthy. Some fans speculated that he might be preparing for a new role—although his IMDB page only indicates that he’s in post-production for City of Lies and Richard Says Goodbye.
Johnny Depp sick or somethin? pic.twitter.com/Dokx2GRHut
— Mars (@TheMiaWarren) June 2, 2018
Having just finished reading the chilling biography of Robin Williams with his wealth then suicide, I encourage you to pray for Johnny Depp who is troubled and does not look well. pic.twitter.com/eWN5ByZ4Y7
— Larry Tomczak (@LarryTomczak) June 2, 2018
Is Johnny Depp method acting preparing for a role possibly? I would have barely recognized him though. pic.twitter.com/6OGNJH9HZD
— Picture Films (@MiniatureFilms) June 2, 2018
So called “Fans”,real fans can see that he is happy & healthy. Actually he is ON STAGE NOW with his band playing his guitar in Germany. If a normal person looks thin and skinny and u just post online and say oh this man is ill! Maybe that is BODYSHAMING.#Johnnydepp
— YouKnowWhoIAm (@Kaito15Depp) June 2, 2018
Johnny Depp looked sick, disipated, and gaunt. I send prayers his way; in dping so, I foster a sense of hope that Mr. Depp will be with us for years to come#prayforjohnnydepp # WeloveyouCaptainJack #KeepcastingspellsGrindelwald
— John Alan Hale Jr. (@johnhale2) June 2, 2018
Not that I care that much, but I see peolle freaking out about a recent picture of a sickly looking Johnny Depp, thinking hes dying or something. Did people forget that he's an actor and it just may be he has to look malnourished for a upcoming movie part?
— Rigo Alfaro (@alfaro_rigo) June 2, 2018
— H. Marie ⫸ (@hallowdmaiden) June 2, 2018
Depp hasn’t been in the news for the happiest of reasons in the past year. Most notably, he’s been criticized by former fans for allegations made by his ex-wife Amber Heard, who says he abused her physically.
He’s also been in the middle of a legal dispute with his former management company, which he alleges loaned millions to third parties without permission, failed to keep proper books, and invested his money in business ventures in which it had ownership interests.
Tess Cagle is a reporter who focuses on politics, lifestyle, and streaming entertainment. Her work has appeared in the New York Times, Texas Monthly, the Austin American-Statesman, Damn Joan, and Community Impact Newspaper. She’s also a portrait, events, and live music photographer in Central Texas.