- Review: Tyler Perry’s ‘A Fall From Grace’ is both nonsensical and utterly predictable Friday 6:48 PM
- Is Hulu censoring the Iran episode of Anthony Bourdain’s ‘Parts Unknown’? Friday 6:05 PM
- Trump admin celebrates Michelle Obama’s birthday by proposing rollback of her signature initiative Friday 4:01 PM
- TSA apologizes after agent grabs indigenous woman’s braids, says ‘giddyup’ Friday 3:28 PM
- Blue Bell ice cream licker pleads guilty Friday 2:54 PM
- 7 fortune-telling sites for when you’re bored Friday 2:21 PM
- Governor bans sex puns on free condom wrappers Friday 2:16 PM
- Is Justin Bieber’s ‘Yummy’ video secretly about Pizzagate? Friday 1:01 PM
- Woah Vicky rips out her hair in botched cultural appropriation attempt Friday 12:30 PM
- Here’s an exclusive look at ‘Weathering With You’ Friday 11:57 AM
- TikTok dudes are dipping their balls in soy sauce for ‘science’ Friday 11:49 AM
- Pete Buttigieg’s denial of fixing bread prices becomes its own meme Friday 11:10 AM
- Houston Astros get torched with buzzer memes after new revelation Friday 10:41 AM
- Teens are eating cereal out of each other’s mouths for clout Friday 10:34 AM
- Did Martha McSally plan her ‘liberal hack’ viral moment? Friday 10:32 AM
Actor Johnny Depp is looking rather thin in recent photos posted on Instagram, making fans wonder if he’s prepping for a new movie role or is simply sick.
Depp posed with fans at a Four Seasons hotel in St. Petersburg, Russia, last week, while on tour with his band Hollywood Vampires. The 54-year-old guitarist looked visibly thinner than in previous appearances.
“I think my hero looks ill,” one user commented on Facebook of the shared fan photo.
Other comments included, “He looks thin” and “F-k me is that Johnny Depp?”
Folks on Twitter were split on whether Depp looks ill or actually looks happy and healthy. Some fans speculated that he might be preparing for a new role—although his IMDB page only indicates that he’s in post-production for City of Lies and Richard Says Goodbye.
Johnny Depp sick or somethin? pic.twitter.com/Dokx2GRHut— Mars (@TheMiaWarren) June 2, 2018
Having just finished reading the chilling biography of Robin Williams with his wealth then suicide, I encourage you to pray for Johnny Depp who is troubled and does not look well. pic.twitter.com/eWN5ByZ4Y7— Larry Tomczak (@LarryTomczak) June 2, 2018
Is Johnny Depp method acting preparing for a role possibly? I would have barely recognized him though. pic.twitter.com/6OGNJH9HZD— Picture Films (@MiniatureFilms) June 2, 2018
So called “Fans”,real fans can see that he is happy & healthy. Actually he is ON STAGE NOW with his band playing his guitar in Germany. If a normal person looks thin and skinny and u just post online and say oh this man is ill! Maybe that is BODYSHAMING.#Johnnydepp— YouKnowWhoIAm (@Kaito15Depp) June 2, 2018
Johnny Depp looked sick, disipated, and gaunt. I send prayers his way; in dping so, I foster a sense of hope that Mr. Depp will be with us for years to come#prayforjohnnydepp # WeloveyouCaptainJack #KeepcastingspellsGrindelwald— John Alan Hale Jr. (@johnhale2) June 2, 2018
Not that I care that much, but I see peolle freaking out about a recent picture of a sickly looking Johnny Depp, thinking hes dying or something. Did people forget that he's an actor and it just may be he has to look malnourished for a upcoming movie part?— Rigo Alfaro (@alfaro_rigo) June 2, 2018
Depp hasn’t been in the news for the happiest of reasons in the past year. Most notably, he’s been criticized by former fans for allegations made by his ex-wife Amber Heard, who says he abused her physically.
He’s also been in the middle of a legal dispute with his former management company, which he alleges loaned millions to third parties without permission, failed to keep proper books, and invested his money in business ventures in which it had ownership interests.
Tess Cagle is a reporter who focuses on politics, lifestyle, and streaming entertainment. Her work has appeared in the New York Times, Texas Monthly, the Austin American-Statesman, Damn Joan, and Community Impact Newspaper. She’s also a portrait, events, and live music photographer in Central Texas.