- Pinterest is reportedly blocking vaccination searches 9 Months Ago
- Nike’s self-lacing smart sneakers malfunction days after release 9 Months Ago
- How to quickly get the Havoc weapon in Apex Legends 9 Months Ago
- The truth behind the anti-LGBTQ emoji controversy Today 1:37 PM
- Tristan Thompson disables Instagram comments after reports he cheated on Khloe Kardashian Today 11:25 AM
- Introducing ‘boner culture,’ this Gamergate blogger’s latest cause Today 11:16 AM
- HBO debuts trailer for controversial Michael Jackson doc ‘Leaving Neverland’ Today 10:46 AM
- Christian woman refuses to do taxes for lesbian married couple Today 10:43 AM
- Political campaigns will be snooping on your phones in 2020 Today 10:43 AM
- How to get the first Apex Legends Twitch Prime pack for free Today 10:28 AM
- Mother discovers YouTube Kids video that encourages self-harm Today 10:14 AM
- Bernie Sanders’ messed-up map of the U.S. is his first campaign flub Today 10:05 AM
- Woman starts a whites-only yoga club to prove the wrong point about racism Today 10:01 AM
- John Mayer steps in to Photoshop Diplo’s Instagram Today 9:28 AM
- Venmo is flagging payments that mention ‘Persian’ Today 9:17 AM
Actor Johnny Depp is looking rather thin in recent photos posted on Instagram, making fans wonder if he’s prepping for a new movie role or is simply sick.
Depp posed with fans at a Four Seasons hotel in St. Petersburg, Russia, last week, while on tour with his band Hollywood Vampires. The 54-year-old guitarist looked visibly thinner than in previous appearances.
“I think my hero looks ill,” one user commented on Facebook of the shared fan photo.
Other comments included, “He looks thin” and “F-k me is that Johnny Depp?”
Folks on Twitter were split on whether Depp looks ill or actually looks happy and healthy. Some fans speculated that he might be preparing for a new role—although his IMDB page only indicates that he’s in post-production for City of Lies and Richard Says Goodbye.
Johnny Depp sick or somethin? pic.twitter.com/Dokx2GRHut
— Mars (@TheMiaWarren) June 2, 2018
Having just finished reading the chilling biography of Robin Williams with his wealth then suicide, I encourage you to pray for Johnny Depp who is troubled and does not look well. pic.twitter.com/eWN5ByZ4Y7
— Larry Tomczak (@LarryTomczak) June 2, 2018
Is Johnny Depp method acting preparing for a role possibly? I would have barely recognized him though. pic.twitter.com/6OGNJH9HZD
— Picture Films (@MiniatureFilms) June 2, 2018
So called “Fans”,real fans can see that he is happy & healthy. Actually he is ON STAGE NOW with his band playing his guitar in Germany. If a normal person looks thin and skinny and u just post online and say oh this man is ill! Maybe that is BODYSHAMING.#Johnnydepp
— YouKnowWhoIAm (@Kaito15Depp) June 2, 2018
Johnny Depp looked sick, disipated, and gaunt. I send prayers his way; in dping so, I foster a sense of hope that Mr. Depp will be with us for years to come#prayforjohnnydepp # WeloveyouCaptainJack #KeepcastingspellsGrindelwald
— John Alan Hale Jr. (@johnhale2) June 2, 2018
Not that I care that much, but I see peolle freaking out about a recent picture of a sickly looking Johnny Depp, thinking hes dying or something. Did people forget that he's an actor and it just may be he has to look malnourished for a upcoming movie part?
— Rigo Alfaro (@alfaro_rigo) June 2, 2018
— H. Marie ⫸ (@hallowdmaiden) June 2, 2018
Depp hasn’t been in the news for the happiest of reasons in the past year. Most notably, he’s been criticized by former fans for allegations made by his ex-wife Amber Heard, who says he abused her physically.
He’s also been in the middle of a legal dispute with his former management company, which he alleges loaned millions to third parties without permission, failed to keep proper books, and invested his money in business ventures in which it had ownership interests.
Tess Cagle is a reporter who focuses on politics, lifestyle, and streaming entertainment. Her work has appeared in the New York Times, Texas Monthly, the Austin American-Statesman, Damn Joan, and Community Impact Newspaper. She’s also a portrait, events, and live music photographer in Central Texas.