- Trump kicks chief of staff out of Oval Office for coughing during interview 1 Year Ago
- Netflix announces Samurai version of ‘Game of Thrones’ 1 Year Ago
- The 8-Bit Guy: Why retro tech and restoration isn’t just for ‘old white guys’ Today 7:00 AM
- How to watch the 2019 MTV Awards for free Today 7:00 AM
- Why Hillary Clinton is getting blamed for a recent spate of unconnected deaths Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch Nick Jr. online for free Today 5:30 AM
- People are not falling for these ICE ‘propaganda’ photos Sunday 4:23 PM
- CLIF Bar and KIND Snacks are in a bizarre social media war Sunday 2:55 PM
- Caillou is how tall? Sunday 1:32 PM
- No, that video of a Boston Dynamics robot attacking its creators is not real Sunday 12:40 PM
- Alex Jones places $1 million bounty on culprit who planted child porn on his InfoWars server Sunday 12:03 PM
- ‘Stranger Things’ star’s new Netflix prank show is receiving backlash Sunday 9:04 AM
- How to watch ‘City on a Hill’ for free Sunday 8:00 AM
- How to watch ‘Euphoria’ for free Sunday 7:00 AM
- Meet the home brewer turning beer into a case for net neutrality Sunday 6:30 AM
Actor Johnny Depp is looking rather thin in recent photos posted on Instagram, making fans wonder if he’s prepping for a new movie role or is simply sick.
Depp posed with fans at a Four Seasons hotel in St. Petersburg, Russia, last week, while on tour with his band Hollywood Vampires. The 54-year-old guitarist looked visibly thinner than in previous appearances.
“I think my hero looks ill,” one user commented on Facebook of the shared fan photo.
Other comments included, “He looks thin” and “F-k me is that Johnny Depp?”
Folks on Twitter were split on whether Depp looks ill or actually looks happy and healthy. Some fans speculated that he might be preparing for a new role—although his IMDB page only indicates that he’s in post-production for City of Lies and Richard Says Goodbye.
Johnny Depp sick or somethin? pic.twitter.com/Dokx2GRHut
— Mars (@TheMiaWarren) June 2, 2018
Having just finished reading the chilling biography of Robin Williams with his wealth then suicide, I encourage you to pray for Johnny Depp who is troubled and does not look well. pic.twitter.com/eWN5ByZ4Y7
— Larry Tomczak (@LarryTomczak) June 2, 2018
Is Johnny Depp method acting preparing for a role possibly? I would have barely recognized him though. pic.twitter.com/6OGNJH9HZD
— Picture Films (@MiniatureFilms) June 2, 2018
So called “Fans”,real fans can see that he is happy & healthy. Actually he is ON STAGE NOW with his band playing his guitar in Germany. If a normal person looks thin and skinny and u just post online and say oh this man is ill! Maybe that is BODYSHAMING.#Johnnydepp
— YouKnowWhoIAm (@Kaito15Depp) June 2, 2018
Johnny Depp looked sick, disipated, and gaunt. I send prayers his way; in dping so, I foster a sense of hope that Mr. Depp will be with us for years to come#prayforjohnnydepp # WeloveyouCaptainJack #KeepcastingspellsGrindelwald
— John Alan Hale Jr. (@johnhale2) June 2, 2018
Not that I care that much, but I see peolle freaking out about a recent picture of a sickly looking Johnny Depp, thinking hes dying or something. Did people forget that he's an actor and it just may be he has to look malnourished for a upcoming movie part?
— Rigo Alfaro (@alfaro_rigo) June 2, 2018
— H. Marie ⫸ (@hallowdmaiden) June 2, 2018
Depp hasn’t been in the news for the happiest of reasons in the past year. Most notably, he’s been criticized by former fans for allegations made by his ex-wife Amber Heard, who says he abused her physically.
He’s also been in the middle of a legal dispute with his former management company, which he alleges loaned millions to third parties without permission, failed to keep proper books, and invested his money in business ventures in which it had ownership interests.
Tess Cagle is a reporter who focuses on politics, lifestyle, and streaming entertainment. Her work has appeared in the New York Times, Texas Monthly, the Austin American-Statesman, Damn Joan, and Community Impact Newspaper. She’s also a portrait, events, and live music photographer in Central Texas.