- Did Laura Loomer get duped into believing Muslims got her suspended from Twitter? 8 Months Ago
- Here’s what we know about the Ice Sphere and Ice Storm in Fortnite 8 Months Ago
- Who is Jigsaw, the villain of Netflix’s ‘Punisher’ season 2? Today 7:25 AM
- Hulu’s ‘Fyre Fraud’ plays along with the long con Today 7:00 AM
- People are mad about ‘Ghostbusters’ again Today 6:33 AM
- The community that made Cyntoia Brown’s clemency possible Today 6:30 AM
- What does ‘deadass’ mean, and where did it come from? Today 6:00 AM
- How to watch ‘Riverdale’ online for free Today 5:30 AM
- Discord allegedly used to lure teen to Florida trailer that housed sex slave Tuesday 7:36 PM
- Millie Bobby Brown has the wrong take on ‘You’ Tuesday 6:42 PM
- Why is Tony Stark missing from the ‘Spider-Man: Far From Home’ trailer? Tuesday 6:00 PM
- The creepy texts this woman received are eerily similar to Netflix’s ‘You’ Tuesday 4:20 PM
- Roku defends decision to host InfoWars amid online backlash (updated) Tuesday 4:04 PM
- Pump yourself up for ‘Game of Thrones’ season 8 with this masterfully edited hype video Tuesday 2:35 PM
- NBC asked reporters not to call Steve King’s comments ‘racist’ Tuesday 2:21 PM
John Travolta joins 50 Cent onstage at Cannes—and gets called out for his dad moves
The actor is at the Cannes Film Festival promoting his new movie Gotti , and was honored with the Variety Cinema Icon Award Tuesday evening. There was a party to celebrate the occasion, complete with a live show from 50 Cent. That’s when “Just a Lil Bit” started playing, Travolta took the stage, and people’s phone cameras started rolling.
Me and John Travolta partying 😆 l swear l only came out here because of him. pic.twitter.com/naQXTMGnxr
— 50cent (@50cent) May 16, 2018
In Travolta’s defense, it’s not the easiest song to groove to solo outside of a school dance in 2005. Nonetheless, Twitter has been enjoying the opportunity to see the typically graceful actor seem relatably out-of-his-element.
Travolta should serve as irrevocable evidence that we all eventually dance like awkward old white men https://t.co/vVopv57Nep
— T-Bob Hebert (@TBob53) May 16, 2018
someone explain pic.twitter.com/ACg0zCW2kQ
— rah (@goldenberryx) May 16, 2018
First Drake, now 50. pic.twitter.com/M6q1Y1bE2y
— Nunzio Ingrassia (@Nunzioforwork) May 16, 2018
When the fuck did John Travolta forget how to dance? lol This dude been dancing his whole life… Now he dance like every cliche comedy scene where they get old white people that can't dance to dance to "hip" music lol https://t.co/2PkBsanvOI
— R.A. the Rugged Man (@RAtheRuggedMan) May 16, 2018
We think you did great, sweetie.
Christine Friar is a writer and editor in New York who focuses on streaming entertainment and internet culture. Her work has appeared in the Awl, the Fader, New York Magazine, Paper Magazine, Vogue, Elle, and more.