- Anti-Trump bros Ed and Brian Krassenstein get kicked off Twitter Thursday 8:07 PM
- Amazon is trying to solve pushback on facial recognition software with a web form Thursday 6:56 PM
- T.I. says Nipsey Hussle’s death was ‘like losing Iron Man’ Thursday 6:32 PM
- Facebook banned billions of fake accounts in the first 3 months of this year Thursday 5:49 PM
- Twitch streamer gets banned for drunkenly passing out during broadcast Thursday 5:00 PM
- WikiLeaks’ Julian Assange indicted under Espionage Act Thursday 4:39 PM
- These doctored videos want to make you think Nancy Pelosi is always drunk Thursday 4:02 PM
- A robot could soon be delivering your packages from a self-driving car Thursday 3:29 PM
- Bipartisan anti-robocall bill overwhelmingly passes Senate Thursday 2:40 PM
- Deepfake-style videos can now be made with just a single image Thursday 1:57 PM
- The Lonely Island’s ‘Bash Brothers’ is what Netflix should be doing with short-form comedy Thursday 1:55 PM
- ‘Green dress lady’ proves green screen memes are still going strong Thursday 1:45 PM
- ‘Bowling alley strike screen’ memes are bizarre and wonderful Thursday 12:40 PM
- TikTok star Mohit Mor shot and killed Thursday 12:00 PM
- Stephen A. Smith is baby Thursday 11:43 AM
John Travolta joins 50 Cent onstage at Cannes—and gets called out for his dad moves
The actor is at the Cannes Film Festival promoting his new movie Gotti , and was honored with the Variety Cinema Icon Award Tuesday evening. There was a party to celebrate the occasion, complete with a live show from 50 Cent. That’s when “Just a Lil Bit” started playing, Travolta took the stage, and people’s phone cameras started rolling.
Me and John Travolta partying 😆 l swear l only came out here because of him. pic.twitter.com/naQXTMGnxr
— 50cent (@50cent) May 16, 2018
In Travolta’s defense, it’s not the easiest song to groove to solo outside of a school dance in 2005. Nonetheless, Twitter has been enjoying the opportunity to see the typically graceful actor seem relatably out-of-his-element.
Travolta should serve as irrevocable evidence that we all eventually dance like awkward old white men https://t.co/vVopv57Nep
— T-Bob Hebert (@TBob53) May 16, 2018
someone explain pic.twitter.com/ACg0zCW2kQ
— rah (@goldenberryx) May 16, 2018
First Drake, now 50. pic.twitter.com/M6q1Y1bE2y
— Nunzio Ingrassia (@Nunzioforwork) May 16, 2018
When the fuck did John Travolta forget how to dance? lol This dude been dancing his whole life… Now he dance like every cliche comedy scene where they get old white people that can't dance to dance to "hip" music lol https://t.co/2PkBsanvOI
— R.A. the Rugged Man (@RAtheRuggedMan) May 16, 2018
We think you did great, sweetie.
Christine Friar is a writer and editor in New York who focuses on streaming entertainment and internet culture. Her work has appeared in the Awl, the Fader, New York Magazine, Paper Magazine, Vogue, Elle, and more.