- Buttigieg, Klobuchar come together to laugh at Bloomberg Wednesday 10:29 PM
- Bernie Sanders calls Bloomberg’s wealth ‘grotesque’ to his face Wednesday 9:53 PM
- Angry Bloomberg asks debate moderators if he’s ‘chicken liver’ Wednesday 9:29 PM
- Elizabeth Warren savages everyone else’s healthcare plan Wednesday 9:07 PM
- K-Pop stans help push ‘Pooping for Kaitlin’ hashtag mocking Kent State gun girl Wednesday 8:54 PM
- Fans speculate after learning Pop Smoke posted address prior to fatal home invasion Wednesday 8:11 PM
- Jar of human tongues found in Florida has people shook Wednesday 6:39 PM
- Video of Blueface teaching Obama lookalike to dance is turning heads Wednesday 5:58 PM
- ‘No one has the range’ for this meme Wednesday 5:21 PM
- Mom confronts man who followed daughter through grocery store in viral video Wednesday 5:05 PM
- Major study linking vaping to heart attacks gets retracted Wednesday 4:36 PM
- George Zimmerman is suing Pete Buttigieg, Elizabeth Warren Wednesday 2:55 PM
- Netflix’s ‘Horse Girl’ accused of ripping off 2017 indie film Wednesday 2:52 PM
- The Genyus Network is a safe social space for stroke survivors Wednesday 2:20 PM
- MAGA hat-wearing dog finishes last in ‘Today Show’ fan vote—still named winner Wednesday 2:03 PM
Former Vice President Joe Biden and his wife, Dr. Jill Biden, have announced they will be adding one more to their family. The family adopted an adorable German Shepherd on Saturday from the Delaware Humane Association and named him Major.
Turns out the political family has been fostering him since he was a puppy.
“The Bidens have gotten to know Major while fostering him and are now ready to make the adoption official,” the organization announced on Facebook. “Best of luck and thank you for being one of our Friends for life!”
Today is Major’s lucky day! Not only did Major find his forever home, but he got adopted by Vice President Joe Biden &...Posted by Delaware Humane Association on Saturday, November 17, 2018
Turns out, all the puppies have good homes now—although maybe not as good as with a former vice president.
“We are so happy to welcome Major to the Biden family, and we are grateful to the Delaware Humane Association for their work in finding forever homes for Major and countless other animals,” the Biden family said.
Clearly, Twitter can’t handle all the cuteness.
Biden: Hey, can we adopt a dog?— Gabriel (@KeepinItGabriel) November 18, 2018
Obama: Joe, again, we don’t live together anymore.
OMG JOE BIDEN ADOPTED A DOG NAMED MAJOR HHFDNBBGFDNG pic.twitter.com/hOWFqfACZD— Victoria M. Walker (@vikkie) November 17, 2018
LOOK AT JOE BIDEN AND HIS NEWLY ADOPTED DOG, MAJOR. WOW I LOVE THEM BOTH pic.twitter.com/XbNWbExZk2— Jessica N. (@alohajessicaaa) November 17, 2018
Joe Biden rescued a dog yesterday and he’s so cute. I’m gonna cry 😭 pic.twitter.com/d6lDJH8lmM— Rosa (@mimosa_rosa) November 17, 2018
And others think this is a sure sign that Biden will announce his candidacy for the 2020 presidential election.
I will have the same face as this dog when Biden announces his candidacy pic.twitter.com/FOKuBDUXqr— Zachary DeNobrega (@DenobregaZach) November 18, 2018
he didn't tweet it because he probably has more important things to tweet but Joe Biden got a new White House dog— Christopher David Hascall (@Topher_Hascall) November 18, 2018
WHOOPs i meant uh
This isn’t the first time the internet has gone nuts over Joe Biden-dog content. Biden met a golden retriever puppy named after him, and they hit it off in 2017.
Major won’t be the only furry child the in the Biden family. They already have a German Shepherd named Champ.
We hope this means lots more dog pics from Biden on Instagram.
Elizabeth VanMetre is a reporter based in Wyoming. She is a graduate of Columbia Journalism School, and her work has appeared on ETOnline, the New York Daily News, Yahoo Travel, and more. She hosts a local morning show in Wyoming.