- YouTube removes ‘coordinated’ channels spreading Hong Kong misinformation Today 8:58 AM
- Christina Hendricks reveals she was the hand model for ‘American Beauty’ Today 8:30 AM
- Why can’t independent feminist websites stay afloat? Today 8:17 AM
- Far-right troll Jacob Wohl scammed a Trump fan out of $25,000 Today 7:54 AM
- How to stream Browns vs. Buccaneers in key preseason action Today 7:02 AM
- Harness the power of sun: The best solar-powered phone chargers Today 6:00 AM
- Majority of threats made since El Paso and Dayton shootings have been made online Thursday 8:00 PM
- Miley Cyrus tweets about cheating allegations and penis cake drama Thursday 6:32 PM
- ‘The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance’ dazzles with a timely tale Thursday 6:00 PM
- The DOJ emailed a white nationalist blog post to immigration judges Thursday 5:31 PM
- The Amazon rainforest is on fire–and people are using memes to cope Thursday 4:11 PM
- Microsoft contractors listened in on Xbox users Thursday 2:15 PM
- Anti-vaxxer assaults pro-vaccine lawmaker on Facebook Live (updated) Thursday 2:15 PM
- Oreos licked by singer Lewis Capaldi are being auctioned off on eBay Thursday 1:54 PM
- Zach Braff predicted Sean Spicer would be on ‘Dancing With the Stars’ 2 years ago Thursday 1:38 PM
Former Vice President Joe Biden and his wife, Dr. Jill Biden, have announced they will be adding one more to their family. The family adopted an adorable German Shepherd on Saturday from the Delaware Humane Association and named him Major.
Turns out the political family has been fostering him since he was a puppy.
“The Bidens have gotten to know Major while fostering him and are now ready to make the adoption official,” the organization announced on Facebook. “Best of luck and thank you for being one of our Friends for life!”
Today is Major’s lucky day! Not only did Major find his forever home, but he got adopted by Vice President Joe Biden &...Posted by Delaware Humane Association on Saturday, November 17, 2018
Turns out, all the puppies have good homes now—although maybe not as good as with a former vice president.
“We are so happy to welcome Major to the Biden family, and we are grateful to the Delaware Humane Association for their work in finding forever homes for Major and countless other animals,” the Biden family said.
Clearly, Twitter can’t handle all the cuteness.
Biden: Hey, can we adopt a dog?— Gabriel (@KeepinItGabriel) November 18, 2018
Obama: Joe, again, we don’t live together anymore.
OMG JOE BIDEN ADOPTED A DOG NAMED MAJOR HHFDNBBGFDNG pic.twitter.com/hOWFqfACZD— Victoria M. Walker (@vikkie) November 17, 2018
LOOK AT JOE BIDEN AND HIS NEWLY ADOPTED DOG, MAJOR. WOW I LOVE THEM BOTH pic.twitter.com/XbNWbExZk2— Jessica N. (@alohajessicaaa) November 17, 2018
Joe Biden rescued a dog yesterday and he’s so cute. I’m gonna cry 😭 pic.twitter.com/d6lDJH8lmM— Rosa (@mimosa_rosa) November 17, 2018
And others think this is a sure sign that Biden will announce his candidacy for the 2020 presidential election.
I will have the same face as this dog when Biden announces his candidacy pic.twitter.com/FOKuBDUXqr— Zachary DeNobrega (@DenobregaZach) November 18, 2018
he didn't tweet it because he probably has more important things to tweet but Joe Biden got a new White House dog— Christopher David Hascall (@Topher_Hascall) November 18, 2018
WHOOPs i meant uh
This isn’t the first time the internet has gone nuts over Joe Biden-dog content. Biden met a golden retriever puppy named after him, and they hit it off in 2017.
Major won’t be the only furry child the in the Biden family. They already have a German Shepherd named Champ.
We hope this means lots more dog pics from Biden on Instagram.
Elizabeth VanMetre is a reporter based in Wyoming. She is a graduate of Columbia Journalism School, and her work has appeared on ETOnline, the New York Daily News, Yahoo Travel, and more. She hosts a local morning show in Wyoming.