- Laura Dern gifts the internet with more ‘Big Little Lies’ memes 7 Months Ago
- The Stonks meme is back—and it’s weirder than ever 7 Months Ago
- Video shows officer threatening to shoot pregnant Black woman in front of her children Today 1:12 PM
- Netflix’s ‘Leila’ tells a familiar dystopian horror story Today 12:37 PM
- O.J. Simpson says in Twitter video that he never slept with Kris Jenner Today 12:06 PM
- GOP commissioner jokes on Facebook about running over Trump protesters Today 11:52 AM
- 2 trans women killed within 3 months in the same neighborhood Today 11:35 AM
- DNC tries to pander with tone-deaf Beyoncé meme, fails miserably Today 10:45 AM
- Parkland grad says Harvard rescinded offer after racist comments surfaced Today 10:10 AM
- ‘The Edge of Democracy’ chronicles the downfall of Brazil’s political leaders Today 9:42 AM
- Suzanne Collins is writing a ‘Hunger Games’ prequel Today 9:31 AM
- KSI rips Logan Paul for delay in their YouTube boxing rematch Today 9:02 AM
- Trump kicks chief of staff out of Oval Office for coughing during interview Today 8:29 AM
- Netflix announces Samurai version of ‘Game of Thrones’ Today 8:10 AM
- The 8-Bit Guy: Why retro tech and restoration isn’t just for ‘old white guys’ Today 7:00 AM
Joe Biden adopts a new dog—and the internet thinks he’s running for president
Former Vice President Joe Biden and his wife, Dr. Jill Biden, have announced they will be adding one more to their family. The family adopted an adorable German Shepherd on Saturday from the Delaware Humane Association and named him Major.
Turns out the political family has been fostering him since he was a puppy.
“The Bidens have gotten to know Major while fostering him and are now ready to make the adoption official,” the organization announced on Facebook. “Best of luck and thank you for being one of our Friends for life!”
Today is Major’s lucky day! Not only did Major find his forever home, but he got adopted by Vice President Joe Biden &…
Turns out, all the puppies have good homes now—although maybe not as good as with a former vice president.
“We are so happy to welcome Major to the Biden family, and we are grateful to the Delaware Humane Association for their work in finding forever homes for Major and countless other animals,” the Biden family said.
Clearly, Twitter can’t handle all the cuteness.
Biden: Hey, can we adopt a dog?
Obama: Joe, again, we don’t live together anymore.
— Gabriel (@KeepinItGabriel) November 18, 2018
OMG JOE BIDEN ADOPTED A DOG NAMED MAJOR HHFDNBBGFDNG pic.twitter.com/hOWFqfACZD
— Victoria M. Walker (@vikkie) November 17, 2018
LOOK AT JOE BIDEN AND HIS NEWLY ADOPTED DOG, MAJOR. WOW I LOVE THEM BOTH pic.twitter.com/XbNWbExZk2
— Jessica N. (@alohajessicaaa) November 17, 2018
Joe Biden rescued a dog yesterday and he’s so cute. I’m gonna cry 😭 pic.twitter.com/d6lDJH8lmM
— Rosa (@mimosa_rosa) November 17, 2018
And others think this is a sure sign that Biden will announce his candidacy for the 2020 presidential election.
I will have the same face as this dog when Biden announces his candidacy pic.twitter.com/FOKuBDUXqr
— Zachary DeNobrega (@DenobregaZach) November 18, 2018
— ∷ (@rigel__7) November 17, 2018
he didn't tweet it because he probably has more important things to tweet but Joe Biden got a new White House dog
WHOOPs i meant uh
— Christopher David Hascall (@Topher_Hascall) November 18, 2018
This isn’t the first time the internet has gone nuts over Joe Biden-dog content. Biden met a golden retriever puppy named after him, and they hit it off in 2017.
— Clint Falin (@ClintFalin) March 23, 2017
Major won’t be the only furry child the in the Biden family. They already have a German Shepherd named Champ.
We hope this means lots more dog pics from Biden on Instagram.
Elizabeth VanMetre is a reporter based in Wyoming. She is a graduate of Columbia Journalism School, and her work has appeared on ETOnline, the New York Daily News, Yahoo Travel, and more. She hosts a local morning show in Wyoming.