- Report: Facebook is punishing Black people for talking about racism 5 Months Ago
- Biden brings tepid language to the healthcare debate 5 Months Ago
- TikTok’s ‘chin on palm’ challenge has people scratching their heads Today 9:01 AM
- How to stream the 2019 NFL Draft for free Today 9:00 AM
- How to watch every movie in the MCU before ‘Avengers: Endgame’ Today 8:00 AM
- Review: The apocalypse has never been more aimless than in Days Gone Today 7:00 AM
- ‘Boston bomber voting’ discourse is America at its dumbest Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch ‘Top Gear’ for free Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch Real Madrid vs. Getafe online for free Today 6:00 AM
- How safe is the ‘safest’ place in Winterfell? Today 5:00 AM
- Gynecologist explains why garlic shouldn’t go in vaginas Wednesday 7:08 PM
- People on Twitter are posting the 5 weirdest jobs they’ve had for this meme Wednesday 6:48 PM
- Mortal Kombat 11’s Jax ends slavery—and gamers are pissed Wednesday 5:46 PM
- GPS app gave hacker ability to remotely shut off car engines Wednesday 3:58 PM
- Scott Walker wore jeans for sexual assault awareness, and Twitter is reminding him of his misogynist past Wednesday 3:24 PM
Joe Biden adopts a new dog—and the internet thinks he’s running for president
Former Vice President Joe Biden and his wife, Dr. Jill Biden, have announced they will be adding one more to their family. The family adopted an adorable German Shepherd on Saturday from the Delaware Humane Association and named him Major.
Turns out the political family has been fostering him since he was a puppy.
“The Bidens have gotten to know Major while fostering him and are now ready to make the adoption official,” the organization announced on Facebook. “Best of luck and thank you for being one of our Friends for life!”
Today is Major’s lucky day! Not only did Major find his forever home, but he got adopted by Vice President Joe Biden &…
Turns out, all the puppies have good homes now—although maybe not as good as with a former vice president.
“We are so happy to welcome Major to the Biden family, and we are grateful to the Delaware Humane Association for their work in finding forever homes for Major and countless other animals,” the Biden family said.
Clearly, Twitter can’t handle all the cuteness.
Biden: Hey, can we adopt a dog?
Obama: Joe, again, we don’t live together anymore.
— Gabriel (@KeepinItGabriel) November 18, 2018
OMG JOE BIDEN ADOPTED A DOG NAMED MAJOR HHFDNBBGFDNG pic.twitter.com/hOWFqfACZD
— Victoria M. Walker (@vikkie) November 17, 2018
LOOK AT JOE BIDEN AND HIS NEWLY ADOPTED DOG, MAJOR. WOW I LOVE THEM BOTH pic.twitter.com/XbNWbExZk2
— Jessica N. (@alohajessicaaa) November 17, 2018
Joe Biden rescued a dog yesterday and he’s so cute. I’m gonna cry 😭 pic.twitter.com/d6lDJH8lmM
— Rosa (@mimosa_rosa) November 17, 2018
And others think this is a sure sign that Biden will announce his candidacy for the 2020 presidential election.
I will have the same face as this dog when Biden announces his candidacy pic.twitter.com/FOKuBDUXqr
— Zachary DeNobrega (@DenobregaZach) November 18, 2018
— ∷ (@rigel__7) November 17, 2018
he didn't tweet it because he probably has more important things to tweet but Joe Biden got a new White House dog
WHOOPs i meant uh
— Christopher David Hascall (@Topher_Hascall) November 18, 2018
This isn’t the first time the internet has gone nuts over Joe Biden-dog content. Biden met a golden retriever puppy named after him, and they hit it off in 2017.
— Clint Falin (@ClintFalin) March 23, 2017
Major won’t be the only furry child the in the Biden family. They already have a German Shepherd named Champ.
We hope this means lots more dog pics from Biden on Instagram.
Elizabeth VanMetre is a reporter based in Wyoming. She is a graduate of Columbia Journalism School, and her work has appeared on ETOnline, the New York Daily News, Yahoo Travel, and more. She hosts a local morning show in Wyoming.