- The 5 most important conclusions from Robert Mueller’s report 4 Years Ago
- Facebook bans many of the U.K.’s infamous far-right groups 4 Years Ago
- Cersei and Tyrion Lannister learned about respect from Elmo 4 Years Ago
- The Mueller Report includes a footnote about the pee tape Today 12:08 PM
- Trump at the start of Mueller investigation: ‘I’m f*cked’ Today 11:19 AM
- Joe Rogan’s podcast has a serious women problem Today 11:10 AM
- The best Mother’s Day gifts for every budget Today 11:04 AM
- Dog watches the digging of its own grave—and Twitter is shook Today 10:30 AM
- Why Marvel changed the way we think about movie franchises Today 10:28 AM
- 13 thoughtful Mother’s Day gifts to fully pamper mom Today 10:00 AM
- George Zimmerman is looking for ‘carefree fun’ on Tinder (updated) Today 9:54 AM
- Trump responds with a ‘Game of Thrones’ meme to the Mueller report Today 9:43 AM
- A new tool lets you track candidate spending on Facebook—and Trump is crushing Democrats Today 8:59 AM
- George Lucas helped direct ‘Game of Thrones’—and he’s not a Jon Snow fan Today 8:05 AM
- Conspiracy theorists got me suspended from Twitter—and now I understand them better Today 7:29 AM
Here’s what happened when Jimmy Kimmel and Matt Damon went to couples counseling
This was a long time coming.
For 12 years now, Damon has been slated as a guest on Jimmy Kimmel Live, and almost every night Kimmel had to bump Damon because he ran out of time. (There was the one time that Damon took over the show, but those rewards are few and far in-between.) Their rivalry has been long-documented, but never like this. Kimmel taped their therapy session and aired it after Damon dressed up like Dr. Phil just to get onto the show.
What did it reveal? Damon’s upset about being discarded every night while Kimmel doesn’t feel like Damon has the face or the body of a movie star. There’s plenty of verbal abuse and callbacks to years of bits—and it’s not pretty for them. For us, though, it’s great.
And while they manage to hug it out, don’t expect their truce to last very long.
Screengrab via Jimmy Kimmel Live/YouTube
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.