- #ICEBae is reportedly a Democrat–and she has some things to get off her chest Tuesday 8:45 PM
- Fans are stoked that Taika Waititi is back to direct ‘Thor 4’ Tuesday 7:22 PM
- Sacha Baron Cohen thanks ‘co-stars’ Dick Cheney, Sarah Palin for making Emmy nominations possible Tuesday 6:43 PM
- Roger Stone barred from posting on all social media platforms Tuesday 6:03 PM
- The FaceApp challenge shows you how gracefully you’ll age Tuesday 5:16 PM
- Kylie Jenner opens up about her mental health in candid Instagram post Tuesday 4:38 PM
- Fans speculate wildly about Naomi Watts’ ‘Game of Thrones’ prequel role after leaked set photo Tuesday 3:54 PM
- New Jersey congressman joins House Democrats ‘Squad’ because of an Onion article Tuesday 3:09 PM
- Twitter begins rolling out new desktop redesign, and users aren’t happy Tuesday 1:54 PM
- Man asks his girlfriend to ‘unlove’ her ex—and people do not agree with him Tuesday 1:37 PM
- Relive a forgotten gem with the TurboGrafx-16 Mini console Tuesday 1:09 PM
- Judge says Daily Stormer founder must pay $14 million for harassing Jewish realtor Tuesday 1:01 PM
- Graphic depiction of suicide cut from Netflix’s ’13 Reasons Why’ Tuesday 12:55 PM
- Streaming titles seize 2019 Emmy nominations Tuesday 12:19 PM
- ‘Frankenstein’s Monster’s Monster, Frankenstein’ tries to find humor in bad actors Tuesday 12:02 PM
Trump Jr. calls Kimmel out over Harvey Weinstein—but it backfired
Donald Trump aired some of his frustration with late-night’s coverage of him over the weekend, which resulted not only in some zingers from hosts but a Twitter fight between one host and Donald Trump Jr.. One that had a clear winner.
Jimmy Kimmel recounted this interaction during his monologue on Jimmy Kimmel Live Monday night. What started as a call for Trump to quit by Kimmel quickly pivoted to Harvey Weinstein, the recently fired Hollywood producer whose decades of sexually harassing women were reported in a bombshell New York Times story. Trump Jr. wanted to know why Kimmel hadn’t condemned Weinstein.
Kimmel explained that Trump Jr., who he referred to as “DJTJ” throughout the segment, was using Weinstein to suggest that Kimmel and other liberals and Hollywood elites wouldn’t condemn a Democrat. Kimmel had no problem condemning Weinstein’s actions, to which Trump Jr. responded that he would be paying attention to Kimmel’s monologues this week and suggested that Kimmel was “probably due for a change if only for a moment or two.”
You mean that big story from the failing, liberal, one-sided @nytimes? I think it is disgusting.— Jimmy Kimmel (@jimmykimmel) October 7, 2017
Great I look forward to your monologues next week. You're probably due for a change if only for a moment or two. https://t.co/hoEbRApHeT— Donald Trump Jr. (@DonaldJTrumpJr) October 7, 2017
The conversation could’ve been left that that, but Kimmel had a trump card up his sleeve. Kimmel sent Trump Jr. his father’s Access Hollywood tape, where Trump openly admitted to sexually assaulting women and being able to get away with it because he was a celebrity.
great - in the meantime, enjoy this! https://t.co/kQsBAioFwh— Jimmy Kimmel (@jimmykimmel) October 7, 2017
Trump Jr. didn’t reply to the video, but as promised, Kimmel did deliver a Weinstein joke just for him.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.