- The atonement of an alt-right troll Today 9:25 AM
- #StopTheBans protests draw thousands across the country in support of abortion rights Today 9:24 AM
- North Korea is using Trump’s low IQ attack on Joe Biden Today 9:14 AM
- How to watch ‘Kidding’ for free Today 8:00 AM
- What’s the deal with Bran Stark at the end of ‘Game of Thrones’? Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch TruTV online for free Today 6:00 AM
- Fans call out Madonna for edited Eurovision video Tuesday 9:36 PM
- Partnered Twitch streamer temporarily banned for airing troll’s racist message Tuesday 8:45 PM
- Reddit theory says fans are wrong about who won ‘Game of Thrones’ Tuesday 6:52 PM
- Elon Musk hires ‘absolute unit’ sheep meme creator to be Tesla’s social media manager Tuesday 6:12 PM
- Jason Momoa stands by his Khaleesi after the ‘Game of Thrones’ finale Tuesday 4:05 PM
- Airbnb, 23andMe partner for creepy heritage travel recommendations Tuesday 3:26 PM
- Rep. Katie Porter goes viral again for trouncing Ben Carson (updated) Tuesday 3:26 PM
- This deepfake takes Bill Hader’s Schwarzenegger impression to the next level Tuesday 2:58 PM
- Wanda Sykes rails against Trump and offers much-needed perspective in ‘Not Normal’ Tuesday 2:41 PM
Jennifer Lawrence gives YouTube pranksters Smosh a taste of their own medicine
Break.com’s “Prank it FWD” series is piling on the celebrities for its fourth season, launching today.
In one of the new installments, actors Jennifer Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson and Liam Hemsworth from the Lionsgate sequel”The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 2″ prank Anthony Padilla and Ian Hecox of Smosh (whose channels, like Break.com, are part of the Defy Media family) with the help of one of the comedy duo’s super fans, who is living with a form of muscular dystrophy. The clip is designed to raise awareness for the Center for Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy at UCLA.
Also debuting today is “All Dogs Must Go: Epic Pet Adoption,” in which the hardworking owner of a Los Angeles animal struggles through a disastrous pet adoption event, until surprised by a crowd of pre-approved adopters ready to provide homes every one of her forty dogs. The episode is sponsored by Barefoot Wine & Bubbly.
The new season roll-out will continue on Wednesday with the debut of an episode featuring “Today” (NBC) co-host Hoda Kotb, who joins the Clevvr “Entourage For The Day” prank in which they turn a teenager’s musical aspirations into reality.
Launched 18 months ago, the Prank it FWD campaign has generated over 100 million views and performed numerous good deeds in the form of pranks, ranging from a a cop pulling motorists over and giving them $100 for stopping for a good driving to turning a homeless shelter into a 5-star restaurant. Past celebrity participants have included First Lady Michelle Obama and Glen Davis and DeAndre Jordan of the L.A. Clippers. As with previous seasons, Prank it FWD will donate one dollar for every 1,000 views, and an additional dollar for every social mention tagged #PrankitFWD.
“We kicked off ‘Prank It FWD’ in April 2014 aiming to turn the prank convention on its ear and add value into the world,” said Barry Blumberg, Defy Media’s chief content officer, in a statement. “Since then, a campaign built on promoting change through positive pranks has grown into a global movement, making an impact with viewers that has far exceeded our expectations and continues to change the lives of deserving recipients in ways we never could have anticipated.”
Screengrab via Smosh/YouTube