- Ohio KKK rally met with massive counter-protest and witty signs from local businesses Saturday 5:06 PM
- Guy who said he stole drugs from MS-13 now says viral story is fake Saturday 4:07 PM
- Financial service company left 885 million private records exposed online Saturday 3:13 PM
- Sasha Obama went to prom and Twitter is delighted with the photos Saturday 2:22 PM
- Jon Voight says Trump is the greatest president since Lincoln in Twitter videos Saturday 1:31 PM
- #DeleteFacebook gains momentum after the platform refused to remove doctored Nancy Pelosi videos Saturday 11:58 AM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ failed women—and it’s a shame on its legacy Saturday 7:40 AM
- How to use Tor, the network that lets you browse the web anonymously Saturday 7:30 AM
- How to live stream Devin Haney vs. Antonio Moran on DAZN Saturday 7:00 AM
- Trump’s transphobic policies are disgusting—but they aren’t new Saturday 6:30 AM
- How to watch the Copa del Rey Final online for free Saturday 5:45 AM
- How to watch the DFB-Pokal final for free Saturday 5:30 AM
- Curvy Wife Guy drops music video for rap song ‘Chubby Sexy’ Friday 7:33 PM
- A ‘Black Mirror’-inspired miniseries is coming to YouTube via Netflix Latin America Friday 5:56 PM
- Kanye West appears on David Letterman’s Netflix show to talk Trump, TMZ, and Drake Friday 3:27 PM
Old photo of Jay-Z wearing helmet on jet ski ascends to meme status
Debby Wong/Shutterstock (Licensed)
It still resonates in 2018.
And yet a photo—which is apparently from 2016—of Jay-Z riding a jet ski while wearing a helmet and a nonplussed look seems to have resonated with the indoor kids. It was resurrected over the July 4 holiday as a symbol of how a lot of us are feeling right now.
Jay-Z the first man in history to look miserable on a Jet-Ski pic.twitter.com/zKSrTom4wb
— Cass Anderson (@casspa) July 4, 2018
jay-z on a jetski be looking like dr nefario lmao pic.twitter.com/weXhN9aGmY
— lourdes d (@lrmsix) July 3, 2018
It was pointed out that this isn’t the first awkward sporting moment for Jay-Z.
We have a new one to the Jay-Z awkward sports collection. pic.twitter.com/OEqjBYOSEB
— Bulletproof Black Man (@kidnoble) July 3, 2018
It was added to other recent rapper memes.
“attention Gotham, I want 100 million transferred to me before noon or I will poison the city and kill millions!”
“Jay-Z, you see this?!”
“already on it Thug.” pic.twitter.com/dswSTjKkNk
— 2008 lil wayne (@cozydrugs) July 4, 2018
Meanwhile, Beyoncé rode the way only she could, though the photos TMZ posted in 2016 do show her wearing the red helmet as well.
Beyoncé did post photos of their holiday a couple days ago, though it’s not clear if more jet skiing took place.
Audra Schroeder is the Daily Dot’s senior entertainment writer, and she focuses on streaming, comedy, and music. Her work has previously appeared in the Austin Chronicle, the Dallas Observer, NPR, ESPN, Bitch, and the Village Voice. She is based in Austin, Texas.