- How to stream Peter ‘Kid Chocolate’ Quillin vs. Alfredo Angulo 1 Year Ago
- How to stream Barcelona vs. Granada Today 4:50 PM
- ‘Atlantics’ tells a ghost story steeped with emotion and realism Today 4:16 PM
- ‘Jojo Rabbit’ is a sweet, singular movie that loses its grip on satire Today 3:40 PM
- Jordan Peterson is in rehab for Klonopin addiction Today 3:34 PM
- The cat-worshipping turkey cult video, explained Today 3:22 PM
- Despite legal threats and drama, the Area 51 desert event is on Today 3:05 PM
- How to stream Yair Rodriguez vs. Jeremy Stephens on UFC Fight Night Today 3:00 PM
- Twitter just launched its ‘Hide Replies’ feature Today 1:59 PM
- How to turn off image metadata before it snitches on you Today 1:36 PM
- The ‘Breaking Bad’ movie is coming to theaters—for one weekend only Today 1:04 PM
- Teens recorded, shared videos of mall fight that ended in fatal stabbing Today 12:44 PM
- How to stream Giants vs. Buccaneers in Week 3 Today 12:31 PM
- Report: Ben Carson made transphobic comments at HUD meeting Today 12:30 PM
- Where to buy the Switch Lite and everything else you need to know Today 12:28 PM
And yet a photo—which is apparently from 2016—of Jay-Z riding a jet ski while wearing a helmet and a nonplussed look seems to have resonated with the indoor kids. It was resurrected over the July 4 holiday as a symbol of how a lot of us are feeling right now.
Jay-Z the first man in history to look miserable on a Jet-Ski pic.twitter.com/zKSrTom4wb— Cass Anderson (@casspa) July 4, 2018
jay-z on a jetski be looking like dr nefario lmao pic.twitter.com/weXhN9aGmY— lourdes d (@lrmsix) July 3, 2018
It was pointed out that this isn’t the first awkward sporting moment for Jay-Z.
We have a new one to the Jay-Z awkward sports collection. pic.twitter.com/OEqjBYOSEB— Bulletproof Black Man (@kidnoble) July 3, 2018
It was added to other recent rapper memes.
“attention Gotham, I want 100 million transferred to me before noon or I will poison the city and kill millions!”— 2008 lil wayne (@cozydrugs) July 4, 2018
“Jay-Z, you see this?!”
“already on it Thug.” pic.twitter.com/dswSTjKkNk
Meanwhile, Beyoncé rode the way only she could, though the photos TMZ posted in 2016 do show her wearing the red helmet as well.
Beyoncé did post photos of their holiday a couple days ago, though it’s not clear if more jet skiing took place.
Audra Schroeder is the Daily Dot’s senior entertainment writer, and she focuses on streaming, comedy, and music. Her work has previously appeared in the Austin Chronicle, the Dallas Observer, NPR, ESPN, Bitch, and the Village Voice. She is based in Austin, Texas.