- Netflix adds Top 10 feature to showcase what’s popular 2 Years Ago
- YouTube permanently bans ‘news’ channel that said impeachment was ‘Jew coup’ 2 Years Ago
- FIFA pro banned from all EA games following threatening rant 2 Years Ago
- Lucasfilm announces new franchise of ‘Star Wars’ tie-in books and comics Today 9:33 AM
- YouTube yanks revenue from controversial star who faked his girlfriend’s death Today 9:26 AM
- Facebook can ignore misleading political ads. This Democrat wants to change that Today 9:08 AM
- How to watch tonight’s South Carolina 2020 Democratic presidential debate Today 8:41 AM
- What exactly is ‘too adult’ for Disney+? Today 7:02 AM
- How tall is Michael Bloomberg? Today 6:30 AM
- The ’24 hours to respond’ meme holds celebrities to a higher standard Monday 8:46 PM
- Twitter users miss the kids who walked in on their dad’s interview Monday 8:40 PM
- ‘The Thing About Men’ Twitter hashtag is full of sarcasm and misogyny Monday 7:27 PM
- This woman said Hillary Clinton losing the 2016 election gave her PTSD, and people are furious Monday 6:45 PM
- Vanessa Bryant files a lawsuit against helicopter company after deaths of Kobe and Gianna Monday 5:49 PM
- Michael Jordan cries at Kobe Bryant memorial, jokes about creating a new meme Monday 4:43 PM
And yet a photo—which is apparently from 2016—of Jay-Z riding a jet ski while wearing a helmet and a nonplussed look seems to have resonated with the indoor kids. It was resurrected over the July 4 holiday as a symbol of how a lot of us are feeling right now.
Jay-Z the first man in history to look miserable on a Jet-Ski pic.twitter.com/zKSrTom4wb— Cass Anderson (@casspa) July 4, 2018
jay-z on a jetski be looking like dr nefario lmao pic.twitter.com/weXhN9aGmY— lourdes d (@lrmsix) July 3, 2018
It was pointed out that this isn’t the first awkward sporting moment for Jay-Z.
We have a new one to the Jay-Z awkward sports collection. pic.twitter.com/OEqjBYOSEB— Bulletproof Black Man (@kidnoble) July 3, 2018
It was added to other recent rapper memes.
“attention Gotham, I want 100 million transferred to me before noon or I will poison the city and kill millions!”— 2008 lil wayne (@cozydrugs) July 4, 2018
“Jay-Z, you see this?!”
“already on it Thug.” pic.twitter.com/dswSTjKkNk
Meanwhile, Beyoncé rode the way only she could, though the photos TMZ posted in 2016 do show her wearing the red helmet as well.
Beyoncé did post photos of their holiday a couple days ago, though it’s not clear if more jet skiing took place.
Audra Schroeder is the Daily Dot’s senior entertainment writer, and she focuses on streaming, comedy, and music. Her work has previously appeared in the Austin Chronicle, the Dallas Observer, NPR, ESPN, Bitch, and the Village Voice. She is based in Austin, Texas.