- How to (legally) stream live TV on Kodi 9 Months Ago
- ‘Delhi Crime’ tackles inequality and women’s rights 9 Months Ago
- How to watch the 2019 STP 500 at Martinsville Speedway for free Today 6:00 AM
- These high school theater kids put on a totally awesome ‘Alien’ play Saturday 3:59 PM
- Behold these photos of Elon Musk, but with Elizabeth Holmes’ eyes Saturday 3:11 PM
- Barbra Streisand gets canceled over remarks about Michael Jackson’s alleged victims Saturday 2:09 PM
- Report: Florida man raped Texas teen after posing as Instagram celeb Saturday 12:14 PM
- Lori Loughlin’s daughters, Olivia and Isabella, could be banned from USC forever Saturday 11:46 AM
- ‘Starfish’ is a heartbreaking tale of BFFs, grief, and apocalyptic alien invasions Saturday 10:35 AM
- How to stream UFC Fight Night 148 for free Saturday 10:00 AM
- The kids are making scantron memes instead of studying Saturday 9:29 AM
- Every installment of Hulu’s ‘Into the Dark,’ ranked Saturday 6:00 AM
- The internet is mocking Robert Mueller’s report deadline Friday 7:53 PM
- Instagram blocks some anti-vax hashtags—but still has far to go Friday 6:20 PM
- Study: Netflix released more originals than licensed titles last year Friday 2:26 PM
Old photo of Jay-Z wearing helmet on jet ski ascends to meme status
Debby Wong/Shutterstock (Licensed)
It still resonates in 2018.
And yet a photo—which is apparently from 2016—of Jay-Z riding a jet ski while wearing a helmet and a nonplussed look seems to have resonated with the indoor kids. It was resurrected over the July 4 holiday as a symbol of how a lot of us are feeling right now.
Jay-Z the first man in history to look miserable on a Jet-Ski pic.twitter.com/zKSrTom4wb
— Cass Anderson (@casspa) July 4, 2018
jay-z on a jetski be looking like dr nefario lmao pic.twitter.com/weXhN9aGmY
— lourdes d (@lrmsix) July 3, 2018
It was pointed out that this isn’t the first awkward sporting moment for Jay-Z.
We have a new one to the Jay-Z awkward sports collection. pic.twitter.com/OEqjBYOSEB
— Bulletproof Black Man (@kidnoble) July 3, 2018
It was added to other recent rapper memes.
“attention Gotham, I want 100 million transferred to me before noon or I will poison the city and kill millions!”
“Jay-Z, you see this?!”
“already on it Thug.” pic.twitter.com/dswSTjKkNk
— 2008 lil wayne (@cozydrugs) July 4, 2018
Meanwhile, Beyoncé rode the way only she could, though the photos TMZ posted in 2016 do show her wearing the red helmet as well.
“My first time in the ocean went exactly as you'd expect.
Meanwhile you goin' hard” pic.twitter.com/VxwEEkpUzO
— κ ε ι r y ♡🐝 (@KEIRYYONCE) July 2, 2018
Beyoncé did post photos of their holiday a couple days ago, though it’s not clear if more jet skiing took place.
Audra Schroeder is the Daily Dot’s senior entertainment writer, and she focuses on streaming, comedy, and music. Her work has previously appeared in the Austin Chronicle, the Dallas Observer, NPR, ESPN, Bitch, and the Village Voice. She is based in Austin, Texas.