- Bill Mitchell, the Trump-loving QAnon scammer, is pushing ammunition for a civil war 4 Weeks Ago
- How to stream Tigres vs. Cruz Azul in the Leagues Cup final 4 Weeks Ago
- How to stream Bayern Munich vs. Belgrade Red Star in Champions League action 4 Weeks Ago
- HBO Max gains the streaming rights to ‘The Big Bang Theory’ 4 Weeks Ago
- Everyone hates this Russian rapper’s pro-Putin music video Today 10:34 AM
- Skull fire logs are here to make you look like a gleeful murderer Today 10:30 AM
- High school cheerleading team put on probation for waving Trump banner during a game Today 10:12 AM
- ‘Battlestar Galactica’ is getting a reboot from the creator of ‘Mr. Robot’ Today 9:17 AM
- Sean Spicer is already alleging judges are out to get him on DWTS Today 8:52 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Jupiter’s Legacy’ loses showrunner halfway through filming Today 7:36 AM
- ‘Disenchantment’ season 2 starts strong but falls into familiar trappings Today 7:00 AM
- Are Ben Shapiro fans organizing against his opponents on Twitter? Today 6:30 AM
- iPhone overloaded? Here’s how to cancel app subscriptions Monday 11:02 PM
- Fan-created ‘app’ lets users experience the final moments of the ill-fated Jeremy Renner app Monday 10:00 PM
- Milo Yiannopoulos receives lifetime ban from furry convention Monday 7:49 PM
On his Instagram, Momoa thanked the director for boosting his career by casting him as Aquaman, while presenting Snyder a new Leica Q2 camera. (Snyder admits to being a big fan of the brand.)
View this post on Instagram
Well let’s be honest if it wasn’t for this man we wouldn’t have Aquaman I love u Zachary synder. Mahalo for showing me the synder cut. Here is a token of my appreciation. Leica Q2 for inspiring me as an artist through and through @leicacamerausa I wish I was a better actor but I can’t lie. The Snyder cut is ssssiiicccckkkkkk #luckymesucksforu #q2 #leicaforlife @cruelfilms aloha j
A post shared by Jason Momoa (@prideofgypsies) on
Snyder, who directed Batman v Superman, stepped down from Justice League during post-production to deal with the sudden death of his daughter. Avengers director Joss Whedon directed new scenes and worked through post-production, leading to some tonal inconsistencies and tragic CGI. Fans have implored Warner Bros. to release the fabled Snyder cut numerous times, using online petitions and billboards. Taking Momoa at his word, the Snyder cut surely exists, which should vindicate many of the director’s fans.
Yet it’s unclear if the cut is one Snyder assembled himself for private viewing, or if Warner Bros. asked the director for what would have been his final vision for the film, given what was shot with and without him.
Momoa included the hashtag #luckymesucksforu at the end of his post, which suggests the cut was completed for personal satisfaction. Snyder fans will have to keep waiting for his cut to become public viewing.
Here’s more context about the Snyder cut:
- ‘Release the Snyder Cut’ billboards pop up outside of San Diego Comic-Con
- ‘Aquaman’ is a shallow but entertaining rehash of ‘Black Panther’ and ‘Thor’
- ‘Justice League’ is a clumsy, uneven ‘Avengers’ knockoff
H/T Den of Geek
Kahron Spearman is a music and film critic whose work can also regularly be regularly found in the Austin Chronicle.