- Distressing TikTok shows woman being sexually harassed Wednesday 7:49 PM
- Dele Alli charged with misconduct for video mocking Asian man over the coronavirus Wednesday 7:18 PM
- Teen says she is suicidal after bullying video goes viral Wednesday 6:01 PM
- Trump supporters claim Reddit is staging a coup against The_Donald Wednesday 5:58 PM
- Conservative parliament member’s teabag photo spills serious tea Wednesday 5:27 PM
- Right-wing conspiracy theorists see coronavirus as a plot against Trump Wednesday 5:25 PM
- Chapo Trap House among leftist channels banned on Twitch for streaming Democratic debate Wednesday 4:20 PM
- Meet Ryker, the world’s worst service dog Wednesday 4:01 PM
- Far-right blogger claims Trump ordered arrest of Julian Assange Wednesday 3:47 PM
- Reddit man wants to tell people he’s been with his girlfriend for one year instead of 6—for an incredibly dumb reason Wednesday 2:18 PM
- John C. Reilly’s son Leo is a TikTok star Wednesday 1:58 PM
- ‘Vanderpump Rules’ recap: A friendship sails Wednesday 1:52 PM
- For celebs, Kobe Bryant tattoos are all the rage Wednesday 1:01 PM
- The internet has discovered Jim and Pam Halpert’s daughter—and she’s on TikTok Wednesday 12:32 PM
- YouPorn launches adult-themed TikTok knock-off (updated) Wednesday 12:29 PM
On his Instagram, Momoa thanked the director for boosting his career by casting him as Aquaman, while presenting Snyder a new Leica Q2 camera. (Snyder admits to being a big fan of the brand.)
View this post on Instagram
Well let’s be honest if it wasn’t for this man we wouldn’t have Aquaman I love u Zachary synder. Mahalo for showing me the synder cut. Here is a token of my appreciation. Leica Q2 for inspiring me as an artist through and through @leicacamerausa I wish I was a better actor but I can’t lie. The Snyder cut is ssssiiicccckkkkkk #luckymesucksforu #q2 #leicaforlife @cruelfilms aloha j
A post shared by Jason Momoa (@prideofgypsies) on
Snyder, who directed Batman v Superman, stepped down from Justice League during post-production to deal with the sudden death of his daughter. Avengers director Joss Whedon directed new scenes and worked through post-production, leading to some tonal inconsistencies and tragic CGI. Fans have implored Warner Bros. to release the fabled Snyder cut numerous times, using online petitions and billboards. Taking Momoa at his word, the Snyder cut surely exists, which should vindicate many of the director’s fans.
Yet it’s unclear if the cut is one Snyder assembled himself for private viewing, or if Warner Bros. asked the director for what would have been his final vision for the film, given what was shot with and without him.
Momoa included the hashtag #luckymesucksforu at the end of his post, which suggests the cut was completed for personal satisfaction. Snyder fans will have to keep waiting for his cut to become public viewing.
Here’s more context about the Snyder cut:
- ‘Release the Snyder Cut’ billboards pop up outside of San Diego Comic-Con
- ‘Aquaman’ is a shallow but entertaining rehash of ‘Black Panther’ and ‘Thor’
- ‘Justice League’ is a clumsy, uneven ‘Avengers’ knockoff
H/T Den of Geek
Kahron Spearman is a music and film critic whose work can also regularly be regularly found in the Austin Chronicle.