- Amanda Palmer dragged for ‘demanding’ coverage of her music Thursday 8:33 PM
- How to get free TikTok followers without downloading a virus Thursday 7:57 PM
- Trump Jr.s ‘Triggered’ topped best-seller’s list with help of RNC Thursday 7:41 PM
- FBI raided millionaire YouTuber’s home, allegedly took everything Thursday 6:55 PM
- A fake Labour party website is spreading disinformation in Britain Thursday 6:16 PM
- Twitter bans cricket club for posting ISIS content in apparent hack Thursday 6:12 PM
- This dad remade his daughter’s NSFW photo—and people are loving it Thursday 5:51 PM
- Teen allegedly posted ‘slave for sale’ Craigslist ad featuring his Black classmate Thursday 5:28 PM
- People are crushed that this teen love story might be a TikTok ‘joke’ Thursday 4:50 PM
- Is Jacob Wohl evading his Twitter ban with Jack Burkman’s account? Thursday 2:06 PM
- Biden’s most perplexing debate answers, explained Thursday 2:03 PM
- How to stream Colts vs. Texans on Thursday Night Football Thursday 12:52 PM
- Netflix drops ‘A Christmas Prince: The Royal Baby’ trailer Thursday 12:43 PM
- Uber says it will audio-record rides to address safety concerns Thursday 12:41 PM
- ‘Avengers: Endgame’ writers go in-depth on how they decided which superheroes lived and died Thursday 12:22 PM
Jarrett Hurd is probably the top junior middleweight in the world. Two others are potentially in the mix for that spot, but Jermell Charlo lost a disputed decision in December and Jaime Munguia is still undefeated but was lucky to win his last fight. Meanwhile, every time Hurd steps into the ring, he clearly looks like the best at 154 pounds.
Julian Williams will try to stop that momentum on Saturday—and you can live stream Hurd vs. Williams on Fox for free. If Williams can pull off the upset, he’d take Hurd’s two junior middleweight titles. But it’s more likely that Hurd will continue his impressive winning ways—he’s just that good.
Here’s everything you need to know to watch Hurd vs. Williams for free.
Jarrett Hurd vs. Julian Williams
- When: Saturday, May 11, at 8pm ET
- Where: EagleBank Arena in Fairfax, Virginia
- Streaming: Fox (free trials with various streaming services)
Jarrett Hurd vs. Julian Williams live stream: Watch Fox boxing online for free
Even if you’ve said goodbye to cable and exclusively stream the content you want to watch, you can still take in Hurd vs. Williams. Every major live streaming service offers the Fox channel, and each one allows at least a one-week free trial. That includes YouTube TV and DirecTV Now.
Some of the best options to stream Fox are listed below, but you can also watch the event on the Fox Sports app, available in English and Spanish, on either the Fox, FS1, or Fox Deportes feeds. You can also watch on your desktop computer on FoxSports.com.
1) Sling TV
- Cost: $25-$40 per month (after a 7-day free trial)
- Sling TV devices: Amazon Fire TVs, Android Fire Stick, Apple TV, Android TV, Roku, Xbox One, Google Chromecast, Oculus Go, and iOS and Android devices
- Sling TV local channels: NBC, Fox (check your local availability here)
If you want to watch Hurd vs. Williams online via Sling TV, you’ll need to be subscribed to either Sling Blue ($25 per month) or Sling Orange + Blue ($40 per month). Both packages include Fox and FS1 (and it’s still a nice perk that Sling subscribers can order a la carte packages). Sling TV also offers a special Latino package for bilingual viewers. Sling TV is also currently offering a deal where you can subscribe for 40% off the regular price for the first three months of your subscription. (Here’s a complete guide to Sling TV channels and our Sling TV review.)
- Cost: $5.99-$11.99 for Hulu and $44.95 per month for Hulu with Live TV (after a 7-day free trial)
- Hulu devices: Roku, Apple TV, Google Chromecast, Amazon Fire Stick and Fire TV, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Nintendo Switch, and iOS and Android devices
- Hulu local channels: ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC, the CW (check your local availability here)
Hulu is a great way to stream live TV (it has nearly 60 channels) or to watch its massive on-demand library of movies, TV shows, and original series. Thanks to that versatility, Hulu with Live TV is a great option. It’s also the best way to bundle your streaming services into one place. (Here’s the complete list of Hulu Live TV channels.)
- Cost: $54.99 per month (after a 7-day free trial)
- FuboTV devices: Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire, Android TV, iOS and Android devices
- FuboTV local channels: Fox, NBC, CBS (check local availability here)
If you’re a big-time sports fan, FuboTV is your best streaming service option. If you love international soccer and you’re a Spanish speaker, FuboTV also offers various add-on packages, including Fubo Latino and Fubo Português. (Here’s the complete FuboTV channels list.)
- Cost: $44.99-$79.99 per month (after a 7-day free trial)
- PlayStation Vue devices: PlayStation 3 and 4, Roku, Amazon Fire, Google Chromecast, Kodi, iOS and Android devices
- PlayStation Vue local channels: NBC, Fox, ABC, CBS (enter your ZIP code here to check your availability)
If you want to watch live TV directly from your PS4, PlayStation Vue is your best bet. PlayStation also works with streaming devices like Roku and Amazon Fire products, but what separates PlayStation from the rest of the streaming services is that it’s also compatible with Kodi. No matter how you stream, you’ll get to choose from four tiers of channels, all of which include Fox, FS1, FX, HGTV, Syfy, and more. You can see the full list of PlayStation Vue channels here. You can stream on up to five devices at once, and there’s also unlimited cloud DVR.
- Cost: Free
- Devices: Most web browsers
Locast is a free not-for-profit service that allows people to watch all of their local channels, including the Fox affiliate, for free from their web browsers. The only bad part is that Locast isn’t available everywhere. If you live in New York City, Philadelphia, Chicago, Houston, Denver, Boston, Dallas, or Washington, D.C., you’re in luck. That’s because Locast is available to the residents of those cities. If you have Google Chromecast or a comparable device, you can then “cast” Hurd vs. Williams to your big screen.
Hurd vs. Williams odds
Jarrett Hurd is the -700 betting favorite, meaning you’d have to wager $700 to win $100 (you’d make more than 4/1 on your money if you bet on Williams to pull off the upset).
Jarrett Hurd vs. Julian Williams: Why it matters
In 2018, Jarrett Hurd (23-0, 16 knockouts) earned the best win of his career, beating longtime titlist Erislandy Lara by split decision in a fight that was declared the best of the year.
Hurd had already beaten tough challengers Austin Trout and Tony Harrison—who was the one to beat Charlo six months ago to win his title—and last December, Hurd blitzed fringe contender Jason Welborn with a dominating fourth-round knockout.
Williams (26-1-1, 16 KOs) probably won’t be a pushover, though. The only loss of his career came via fifth-round knockout to Jermall Charlo—Jermell Charlo’s brother—in 2016, but since then, he’s won four straight fights (including a unanimous decision vs. the faded Ishe Smith). Yet, the only other time Williams has fought an opponent at Hurd’s level, he was squashed by Jermall Charlo.
This time, he said, will be different.
“I know that I’m a top 154-pound fighter. I just had to get back in there and keep fighting,” Williams said. “You can’t stay down too long. You just get back up on the horse. I knew this time would be coming.
“I think that all of my fights have prepared me for this opportunity, not just the Charlo fight. I learned from the 21 fights I had before that too. The Charlo fight gave me a chance to go back to the drawing board and work on a bunch of things. I have championship experience and that’s invaluable.”
The motivation for Hurd is to keep his belts and to potentially get a matchup (and a big payday) against Charlo or Munguia. But he also wants the recognition of being thought of as one of the best pound-for-pound fighters in the world. A one-sided win against Williams would probably help in that regard.
“I don’t want this fight to be close,” Hurd said. “I’m trying to get the recognition that I work hard for. I think I have a better résumé than guys at the top of the pound-for-pound list. I’m going to come out and prove it Saturday night.”
Jarrett Hurd vs. Julian Williams live stream schedule
- Jarrett Hurd vs. Julian Williams
- Mario Barrios vs. Juan Jose Velasco
- Matt Korobov vs. Immanuwel Aleem
For a year-round sports fix, sign up here to receive our weekly boxing newsletter. You’ll hear about all the biggest fights and best knockouts from the Daily Dot’s streaming sports guru Josh Katzowitz.
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.