- Mahershala Ali’s ‘Blade’ movie won’t arrive until Phase 5 of the MCU 4 Years Ago
- Natalie Portman isn’t playing ‘female Thor’—she’s ‘Mighty Thor’ 4 Years Ago
- How to watch ‘Breaking Bad’ online 4 Years Ago
- Controversial Instagram influencer plans event called ‘The Scam’ 4 Years Ago
- How to clear your search history on Instagram Today 6:00 AM
- How to stream the Leagues Cup competition between MLS and Liga MX Today 5:00 AM
- Here’s why you shouldn’t buy a Nintendo Switch until mid-August Monday 5:11 PM
- Man blasted for making his coworkers babysit his child Monday 5:07 PM
- Pete Buttigieg’s country radio interview was blocked from the air Monday 4:35 PM
- 15-year-old Smash Bros. prodigy caught using racist slur in private Discord server Monday 3:47 PM
- Instagram users who post pet pictures more likely to get hacked Monday 3:45 PM
- Post-Prime Day recap: Shipping delays, more sales, and a scam Monday 3:08 PM
- Jacob Wohl returns to Twitter … for now Monday 1:56 PM
- How to stream WWE Raw Reunion Monday 1:35 PM
- ‘I hope Trump deports you’: Woman goes on racist rant to Spanish speakers at a store Monday 1:24 PM
Listen to Sam Smith’s theme song for ‘Spectre’, the new James Bond film
You’ll have this on repeat all day.
The theme song to Spectre, “Writing’s on the Wall,” has been posted on Spotify. Sam Smith performs the song, which he cowrote with Jimmy Napes, making him the first British male solo artist to perform a Bond theme since 1965.
“I am so excited to be a part of this iconic British legacy and join an incredible line up of some of my biggest musical inspirations,” he said. “I hope you all enjoy the song as much as I enjoyed making it.”
The somber “Writing’s on the Wall” fits right in with the rest of Smith’s discography, with lyrics such as “If I risk it all, could you break my fall?” and “How do I live? How do I breathe? When you’re not here I’m suffocating” The song pairs these lyrics with strong brass and violins. You’ll probably be listening to this on repeat until Spectre arrives in theaters later this year.
Considering that the last Bond theme, Adele’s “Skyfall,” won both the Golden Globe and the Academy Award for Best Original Song, “Writing’s on the Wall” has some big shoes to fill.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.