- iPhone overloaded? Here’s how to cancel app subscriptions Monday 11:02 PM
- Fan-created ‘app’ lets users experience the final moments of the ill-fated Jeremy Renner app Monday 10:00 PM
- Milo Yiannopoulos receives lifetime ban from furry convention Monday 7:49 PM
- Snapchat just made all political ads purchased publicly available Monday 6:12 PM
- How to stream Barcelona vs. Borussia Dortmund in Champions League action Monday 5:39 PM
- How to stream Liverpool vs. Napoli in Champions League action Monday 5:19 PM
- How to make real money with Amazon’s Mechanical Turk Monday 5:03 PM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Valencia in the Champions League group stage Monday 4:47 PM
- ‘SNL’ fires Shane Gillis for racist, homophobic comments Monday 4:41 PM
- Ben Shapiro wants accusers to describe Brett Kavanaugh’s penis Monday 4:30 PM
- Twitch suspends streamer for wearing Chun-Li cosplay Monday 4:11 PM
- Report: 8 years of Trump tax returns subpoenaed by prosecutors Monday 3:45 PM
- Netflix lands exclusive streaming rights to ‘Seinfeld’ Monday 3:34 PM
- Jenny Slate sets first comedy special at Netflix Monday 3:05 PM
- #EndSmearFear is aiming to save lives Monday 2:54 PM
The theme song to Spectre, “Writing’s on the Wall,” has been posted on Spotify. Sam Smith performs the song, which he cowrote with Jimmy Napes, making him the first British male solo artist to perform a Bond theme since 1965.
“I am so excited to be a part of this iconic British legacy and join an incredible line up of some of my biggest musical inspirations,” he said. “I hope you all enjoy the song as much as I enjoyed making it.”
The somber “Writing’s on the Wall” fits right in with the rest of Smith’s discography, with lyrics such as “If I risk it all, could you break my fall?” and “How do I live? How do I breathe? When you’re not here I’m suffocating” The song pairs these lyrics with strong brass and violins. You’ll probably be listening to this on repeat until Spectre arrives in theaters later this year.
Considering that the last Bond theme, Adele’s “Skyfall,” won both the Golden Globe and the Academy Award for Best Original Song, “Writing’s on the Wall” has some big shoes to fill.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.