- Pediatrician gets death threats after pro-vaccine TikTok video Monday 9:37 PM
- This Australia-themed dildo is raising money to fight the bushfires Monday 8:26 PM
- Influencers say they’ve received unwanted sexual solicitations worth thousands Monday 7:39 PM
- Pregnant woman masterfully trolls gender-obsessed relative Monday 3:05 PM
- HBO’s ‘Curb Your Enthusiasm’ returns from a 2-year break with brand new ways to make you cringe Monday 3:00 PM
- Far-right accused of impersonating antifa online to encourage violence at Richmond rally Monday 1:59 PM
- Second Amendment protesters defend gun rights with truly terrible signs Monday 12:52 PM
- David Lynch surprises fans by dropping Netflix short out of the blue Monday 12:29 PM
- Poop-focused parody of Kent State Gun Girl sparks conservative ire Monday 11:58 AM
- 6-year-old raises $250K for Australian bushfires by making clay koalas Monday 11:31 AM
- What you need to know about Clearview AI and its facial recognition app Monday 10:36 AM
- Apple TV+ gets its first SAG Award while Netflix and Amazon nab 2 each Monday 10:07 AM
- Facebook apologizes for translating Chinese president’s name to ‘Mr. Sh*thole’ Monday 9:45 AM
- New York Times endorses Klobarren for president Monday 8:45 AM
- 6 gift cards that make for the most thoughtful Valentine’s Day gift ideas Monday 8:16 AM
The theme song to Spectre, “Writing’s on the Wall,” has been posted on Spotify. Sam Smith performs the song, which he cowrote with Jimmy Napes, making him the first British male solo artist to perform a Bond theme since 1965.
“I am so excited to be a part of this iconic British legacy and join an incredible line up of some of my biggest musical inspirations,” he said. “I hope you all enjoy the song as much as I enjoyed making it.”
The somber “Writing’s on the Wall” fits right in with the rest of Smith’s discography, with lyrics such as “If I risk it all, could you break my fall?” and “How do I live? How do I breathe? When you’re not here I’m suffocating” The song pairs these lyrics with strong brass and violins. You’ll probably be listening to this on repeat until Spectre arrives in theaters later this year.
Considering that the last Bond theme, Adele’s “Skyfall,” won both the Golden Globe and the Academy Award for Best Original Song, “Writing’s on the Wall” has some big shoes to fill.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.