- How to watch América vs. Pumas online for free 1 Year Ago
- ‘Target Tammy’ is the latest white woman to complain about Black people minding their own business 1 Year Ago
- Jason Momoa reprises ‘Game of Thrones’ character on ‘SNL’ Today 10:06 AM
- How to watch the epic Copa Libertadores final online for free Today 9:35 AM
- The top fandoms of 2018 Today 8:00 AM
- How to watch Real Madrid vs. Huesca online for free Today 6:40 AM
- What is Sling TV? Today 6:15 AM
- A year of apologizing to the internet Today 6:15 AM
- How to stream NFL’s Week 14 games for free Today 6:00 AM
- John Kelly will be leaving the White House, and Twitter reacted exactly as expected Saturday 6:12 PM
- Shonen Jump manga is going (mostly) free to combat piracy Saturday 5:14 PM
- ‘Death Grips is online’ is trending, so what does it mean? Saturday 4:33 PM
- Mark Zuckerberg battles Elon Musk as ‘Epic Rap Battles’ returns to YouTube Saturday 3:30 PM
- George Papadopoulos’ wife deletes Twitter account after embarrassing herself in self-congratulatory tweet Saturday 2:18 PM
- Trump surrogate gets dunked on for sipping a $25 ‘gin and tonic’ with a straw Saturday 1:12 PM
In her mother’s newly published memoir, first daughter Ivanka Trump recalls going through a punk phase in the ’90s.
“I was really into Nirvana,” Trump wrote in the first chapter of the book. “My wardrobe consisted of ripped corduroy jeans and flannel shirts. One day after school, I dyed my hair blue.”
Trump said she was deeply saddened by Kurt Cobain’s suicide and spent a whole day crying.
The internet immediately jumped on this, creating memes of what they envisioned a punk rock Trump to look like and joking about whether she actually went through this phase or not.
Ivanka Trump said she had a "punk phase" so here's proof pic.twitter.com/edkDhgtKbn
— Alexis Benveniste (@apbenven) October 17, 2017
Ivanka Trump's alleged punk phase consisted of listening to Sk8er Boi and relating to the girl who said see you later boy
— Orli Matlow (@HireMeImFunny) October 17, 2017
Lol…@IvankaTrump’s “punk phase” was downloading a Blink 182 song when she was mad at daddy for not getting her a Beamer for her sweet 16.
— Mike Moroski (@mike_moroski) October 17, 2017
Ivanka Trump had a punk phase the same way I had a phase where I didn't like tacos. So yeah… never, bitch.
— Whitney Meyer (@itswhitneymeyer) October 17, 2017
congrats you went to middle school https://t.co/jxTEWisk3n
— Chris Klemens (@ChrisKlemens) October 17, 2017
You had- AT MOST- a Sum 41 CD. https://t.co/eKSDvVKUXg
— Dave Holmes (@DaveHolmes) October 17, 2017
"I once listened to Dookie while taking a spin class at the Racquet and Tennis Club." https://t.co/U687fYHTbi
— Luke Epplin (@LukeEpplin) October 17, 2017
Ripped a fishnet stocking while getting out of the limo https://t.co/A6Vbn2jdcp
— Farran Nehme (@selfstyledsiren) October 17, 2017
Glad to see Ivanka accidentally walking into a Hot Topic once counts as news now. https://t.co/n5G3b7ILin
— Kate Aronoff (@KateAronoff) October 17, 2017
Ivanka Trump, punk as fuck in Aspen in 1998 pic.twitter.com/dWFg5zLOXD
— Christian Nightmares (@ChristnNitemare) October 17, 2017
Dookie on the wall-to-wall sound system, Manic Panic washing down the gilded bath drain, DeviantArt onscreen. Ivanka Trump’s wild punk phase pic.twitter.com/7pwVaWGMfN
— Anna Cafolla (@AnnaCafolla) October 17, 2017
I'll save you a click….her "punk phase" was dying her hair blue for a couple of hours and listening to Nirvana.
Yes, I'm being serious. https://t.co/nggrQ2sl4s
— The Deep State (@deepstaterogue) October 17, 2017
Brianna Stone is a reporter and digital producer. Her work has been published by the Austin American-Statesman, the Daily Dot, and USA Today.