- Timmy Thick blasted for saying the N-word in comeback video Today 9:11 AM
- Netflix’s ‘The Confession Killer’ is a devastating and well-built portrait of a con artist Today 8:00 AM
- Swipe This! I’m ashamed to tell anyone about my online shopping habit Today 6:00 AM
- UPS facing backlash for thanking police after employee killed in shootout Saturday 5:02 PM
- Sanders campaign fires staffer after anti-Semitic, homophobic tweets surface Saturday 3:13 PM
- Brother Nature was attacked, says everyone just watched with phones out Saturday 2:45 PM
- Ryan Reynolds’ gin company hires Peloton wife for ad Saturday 1:24 PM
- Ex-vegan YouTuber accused of fraud after following meat-only diet Saturday 1:11 PM
- The 15 best Disney+ hidden gems and deep cuts Saturday 12:23 PM
- Everyone in GoFundMe scam involving homeless veteran has now pleaded guilty Saturday 12:06 PM
- Boy invites kindergarten class to his adoption–and people are emotional Saturday 11:56 AM
- Reddit links leaked trade deal documents to Russian campaign Saturday 10:44 AM
- How to stream Alistair Overeem vs. Jairzinho Rozenstruik Saturday 8:30 AM
- Amazon sends customers condoms and soap instead of Nintendo Switch Saturday 8:28 AM
- How to live stream Jermall Charlo vs. Dennis Hogan Saturday 8:00 AM
In her mother’s newly published memoir, first daughter Ivanka Trump recalls going through a punk phase in the ’90s.
“I was really into Nirvana,” Trump wrote in the first chapter of the book. “My wardrobe consisted of ripped corduroy jeans and flannel shirts. One day after school, I dyed my hair blue.”
Trump said she was deeply saddened by Kurt Cobain’s suicide and spent a whole day crying.
The internet immediately jumped on this, creating memes of what they envisioned a punk rock Trump to look like and joking about whether she actually went through this phase or not.
Ivanka Trump said she had a "punk phase" so here's proof pic.twitter.com/edkDhgtKbn— Alexis Benveniste (@apbenven) October 17, 2017
Ivanka Trump's alleged punk phase consisted of listening to Sk8er Boi and relating to the girl who said see you later boy— Orli Matlow (@HireMeImFunny) October 17, 2017
Lol...@IvankaTrump’s “punk phase” was downloading a Blink 182 song when she was mad at daddy for not getting her a Beamer for her sweet 16.— Mike Moroski (@mike_moroski) October 17, 2017
Ivanka Trump had a punk phase the same way I had a phase where I didn't like tacos. So yeah... never, bitch.— Whitney Meyer (@itswhitneymeyer) October 17, 2017
congrats you went to middle school https://t.co/jxTEWisk3n— Chris Klemens (@ChrisKlemens) October 17, 2017
You had- AT MOST- a Sum 41 CD. https://t.co/eKSDvVKUXg— Dave Holmes (@DaveHolmes) October 17, 2017
"I once listened to Dookie while taking a spin class at the Racquet and Tennis Club." https://t.co/U687fYHTbi— Luke Epplin (@LukeEpplin) October 17, 2017
Ripped a fishnet stocking while getting out of the limo https://t.co/A6Vbn2jdcp— Farran Nehme (@selfstyledsiren) October 17, 2017
Glad to see Ivanka accidentally walking into a Hot Topic once counts as news now. https://t.co/n5G3b7ILin— Kate Aronoff (@KateAronoff) October 17, 2017
Ivanka Trump, punk as fuck in Aspen in 1998 pic.twitter.com/dWFg5zLOXD— Christian Nightmares (@ChristnNitemare) October 17, 2017
Dookie on the wall-to-wall sound system, Manic Panic washing down the gilded bath drain, DeviantArt onscreen. Ivanka Trump’s wild punk phase pic.twitter.com/7pwVaWGMfN— Anna Cafolla (@AnnaCafolla) October 17, 2017
I'll save you a click....her "punk phase" was dying her hair blue for a couple of hours and listening to Nirvana.— The Deep State (@deepstaterogue) October 17, 2017
Yes, I'm being serious. https://t.co/nggrQ2sl4s
Brianna Stone is a contributing reporter to the Daily Dot. Her work has been published by the Dallas Morning News, Austin American-Statesman, and USA Today.