- Gynecologist explains why garlic shouldn’t go in vaginas Wednesday 7:08 PM
- People on Twitter are posting the 5 weirdest jobs they’ve had for this meme Wednesday 6:48 PM
- Mortal Kombat 11’s Jax ends slavery—and gamers are pissed Wednesday 5:46 PM
- GPS app gave hacker ability to remotely shut off car engines Wednesday 3:58 PM
- Scott Walker wore jeans for sexual assault awareness, and Twitter is reminding him of his misogynist past Wednesday 3:24 PM
- Hacked Lime scooters make sexual comments to riders Wednesday 3:03 PM
- ‘Bonding’ squanders its potential with weak jokes and limp structure Wednesday 2:49 PM
- The safest place for ‘Game of Thrones’ memes is in the crypts Wednesday 2:23 PM
- Report: Fortnite developer Epic Games is working employees into the ground Wednesday 1:57 PM
- Damian Lillard’s game-winning 3-pointer inspired a plethora of memes Wednesday 12:17 PM
- Gamers are blaming socialism for making the women in Mortal Kombat ‘ugly’ Wednesday 11:36 AM
- Nickelodeon is selling SpongeBob toys based on popular memes Wednesday 11:25 AM
- Alex Jones protests outside the White House by shouting the name of his website Wednesday 11:13 AM
- ‘I Think You Should Leave with Tim Robinson’ has an absurd conclusion for every scenario Wednesday 10:52 AM
- Twitch star TF Blade banned for racial slur—but he swears he didn’t say it Wednesday 10:43 AM
Hulu greenlights four animated series based on obscure Marvel characters
Hulu has greenlighted four adult-oriented animated shows based on niche Marvel characters, the AV Club reports. The streaming platform announced Monday that M.O.D.O.K., Hit-Monkey, Tigra & Dazzler, and Howard the Duck are all in the works.
With Netflix canceling the majority of its Marvel shows—including Daredevil, Iron Fist, and Luke Cage—it seems that Hulu is the next streaming service finding partnership with the comics juggernaut (Hulu’s Marvel lineup already includes The Runaways). Eventually, its four new series will culminate in a crossover special titled The Offenders, in case the dig at Netflix wasn’t obvious enough.
According to the Hollywood Reporter, M.O.D.O.K. will feature the writing team of Patton Oswalt and Jordan Blum and will center on the Mechanized Organism Designed Only for Killing as he “struggles to maintain control of his evil organization and his demanding family.” In Hit-Monkey, writers Josh Gordon and Will Speck will tell the revenge story of a “wronged Japanese snow monkey, mentored by the ghost of an American assassin.”
Tigra & Dazzler centers on a woman with jungle-cat like abilities and a sometimes-member of the X-Men with the power to convert sound vibrations into light and energy beams respectively. The story of these “two woke superheroes” will be penned by Erica Rivinoja and Chelsea Handler.
Finally, the Howard The Duck series will seek to redeem the character from the universally panned film of the same name produced by George Lucas in 1986. The new series will be written by Kevin Smith and Dave Willis.
- Hulu vs Netflix: Which streaming service is right for you?
- The best adult cartoons on Hulu
- What to watch on Hulu right now
H/T AV Club
Ignacio Martinez is a journalism student at the University of Texas at Austin and an intern at the Daily Dot. His work has appeared in the Texas Observer and on the airwaves at KVRX 91.7 FM.