- What is “TikTok including Musical.ly”? Tuesday 8:48 PM
- Video shows driver yelling N-word at Black woman in road rage incident Tuesday 7:40 PM
- A fan gifted Billie Eilish a jacket–it ended up in a thrift store for another fan to find Tuesday 6:49 PM
- Fans are surprisingly hyping Moby up for his new vegan tattoo Tuesday 6:13 PM
- Suspicionless searches of travelers’ electronics ruled unconstitutional Tuesday 5:22 PM
- Facebook testing TikTok clone within Instagram called Reels Tuesday 5:11 PM
- Han Solo shooting scene changed yet again, spawning ‘Maclunkey’ memes Tuesday 4:52 PM
- Facebook bug opened iPhone cameras while users scrolled their feeds Tuesday 4:36 PM
- Black Facebook employees say company racism has ‘gotten worse’ Tuesday 4:01 PM
- This fish with a ‘human face’ is here to give you nightmares Tuesday 3:28 PM
- TikTok’s piercing challenge leaves the fate of your face up to a filter Tuesday 2:54 PM
- Soldiers with top-secret clearance say they were ordered to install a sketchy app Tuesday 2:46 PM
- How to take your Korean beauty routine on the go Tuesday 2:24 PM
- Disney+’s ‘Encore!’ is a love letter to high school theater Tuesday 2:15 PM
- White tourist filmed shouting homophobic, racist slurs Tuesday 1:31 PM
Hulu adds HBO just in time for ‘Game Of Thrones’ season 7
This is a seriously tantalizing bundle.
BY GEOFF WEISS
HBO and Cinemax are coming to Hulu as channel add-ons that will give viewers access to both live and on-demand programming, the streamer announced on Thursday. The additions arrive just ahead of the season 7 premiere of the HBO flagship hit Game of Thrones on July 16.
Hulu subscribers can now add HBO to their bundle for $14.99 per month, and Cinemax—which is owned by HBO—for $9.99. Those who purchase HBO will also gain access to HBO Now. Additional channels within the HBO and Cinemax families, including HBO 2, HBO Family, HBO Latino, HBO Comedy, MoreMAX HD, and ActionMAX HD, will become available as add-ons in coming weeks. A basic Hulu subscription with limited commercials is priced at $7.99 per month, while a plan without commercials is $11.99. Hulu’s new live TV package is priced at $39.99.
In addition to Game Of Thrones, other hotly anticipated HBO summer premieres include The Defiant Ones, a four-part documentary about the partnership of Jimmy Iovine and Dr. Dre, and season 2 of Issa Rae’s Insecure.
“By combining HBO’s iconic programming with our world class user experience and deep content offering, Hulu is giving viewers easy and highly personalized access to the very best of television,” said Tim Connolly, Hulu’s SVP and head of distribution and partnerships.