- Indie game publisher announces Playdate, a console with a hand crank Wednesday 8:18 PM
- How to get The Sims 4 for free Wednesday 7:45 PM
- Trump’s Rose Garden podium sign is the perfect meme canvas Wednesday 7:34 PM
- Forest Whitaker to produce adaptation of novel ‘Hello, Universe’ for Netflix Wednesday 6:58 PM
- Baltimore still refuses to pay hackers who hit city with ransomware Wednesday 5:34 PM
- Net neutrality advocates slam ‘extremely troubling’ letter circulating among some House Dems Wednesday 4:52 PM
- Moms and grandmas are infiltrating TikTok Wednesday 4:35 PM
- Did Britain’s head Brexiter hide in a bus to avoid getting hit by a milkshake? Wednesday 4:26 PM
- This woman who thought she saw a handmaid about to jump from a building is very relieved Wednesday 4:18 PM
- Michael Avenatti allegedly defrauded Stormy Daniels to pay for a Ferrari Wednesday 3:53 PM
- HBO has no plans for an Arya Stark spinoff series Wednesday 3:28 PM
- Republicans and Democrats agree on dangers of facial recognition tech Wednesday 3:18 PM
- Amazon is using video games and ‘swag bucks’ to incentivize workers Wednesday 3:04 PM
- Here’s what’s coming and going on Netflix in June Wednesday 2:46 PM
- This Michael Jackson makeup meme is sweeping TikTok Wednesday 2:45 PM
Hulu adds HBO just in time for ‘Game Of Thrones’ season 7
This is a seriously tantalizing bundle.
BY GEOFF WEISS
HBO and Cinemax are coming to Hulu as channel add-ons that will give viewers access to both live and on-demand programming, the streamer announced on Thursday. The additions arrive just ahead of the season 7 premiere of the HBO flagship hit Game of Thrones on July 16.
Hulu subscribers can now add HBO to their bundle for $14.99 per month, and Cinemax—which is owned by HBO—for $9.99. Those who purchase HBO will also gain access to HBO Now. Additional channels within the HBO and Cinemax families, including HBO 2, HBO Family, HBO Latino, HBO Comedy, MoreMAX HD, and ActionMAX HD, will become available as add-ons in coming weeks. A basic Hulu subscription with limited commercials is priced at $7.99 per month, while a plan without commercials is $11.99. Hulu’s new live TV package is priced at $39.99.
In addition to Game Of Thrones, other hotly anticipated HBO summer premieres include The Defiant Ones, a four-part documentary about the partnership of Jimmy Iovine and Dr. Dre, and season 2 of Issa Rae’s Insecure.
“By combining HBO’s iconic programming with our world class user experience and deep content offering, Hulu is giving viewers easy and highly personalized access to the very best of television,” said Tim Connolly, Hulu’s SVP and head of distribution and partnerships.