- Body camera shows officer boasting about arresting a 6-year-old 6 Months Ago
- Singer Duffy opens up about the rape, captivity that led her to stop singing 6 Months Ago
- Cynthia Nixon embodies feminist rage in viral video Today 3:30 PM
- Samsung factory shuts down amid confirmed coronavirus case Today 3:08 PM
- Bebe Rexha says she won’t be ‘imprisoned’ by bipolar disorder Today 2:33 PM
- The ‘your music saved me’ meme celebrates the wackiest influences of our time Today 2:20 PM
- This guy slapped his mom’s boobs for a TikTok and, honestly, it’s exhausting Today 12:37 PM
- Jif peanut butter and Giphy have joined forces on how to pronounce ‘GIF’ Today 12:19 PM
- This dad threw a 1-year HRT party for his trans son and the internet can’t get enough of it Today 11:44 AM
- This petition wants Pornhub to be shut down for good Today 11:03 AM
- Pete Buttigieg’s speech voice is suspiciously like Obama’s Today 10:56 AM
- Exposé about Bernie staffer’s Twitter leads to his firing—and an online class war Today 10:40 AM
- Netflix adds Top 10 feature to showcase what’s popular Today 10:24 AM
- YouTube permanently bans ‘news’ channel that said impeachment was ‘Jew coup’ Today 10:21 AM
- FIFA pro banned from all EA games following threatening rant Today 10:16 AM
British Prime Minister Boris Johnson’s request to suspend Parliament until Oct. 14 was approved by the Queen Elizabeth II on Wednesday. After hearing news of the suspension, actor Hugh Grant blasted Johnson on Twitter.
“You will not fuck with my children’s future. You will not destroy the freedoms my grandfather fought two world wars to defend. Fuck off you over-promoted rubber bath toy. Britain is revolted by you and you little gang of masturbatory prefects,” Grant wrote.
You will not fuck with my children’s future. You will not destroy the freedoms my grandfather fought two world wars to defend. Fuck off you over-promoted rubber bath toy. Britain is revolted by you and you little gang of masturbatory prefects. https://t.co/Oc0xwLI6dI— Hugh Grant (@HackedOffHugh) August 28, 2019
Brits are absolutely loving the political side of Grant. “Politically fucking livid Hugh Grant is the best Hugh Grant,” Kate Young wrote on Twitter in response.
Politically fucking livid Hugh Grant is the best Hugh Grant. https://t.co/uNvBWJMRHT— Kate Young (@bakingfiction) August 28, 2019
DRAG HIM, HUGH! https://t.co/f3QCjgeWoq— Sarah Phelps (@PhelpsieSarah) August 28, 2019
Many are wishing that Hugh was the prime minister instead of Johnson. “Can Hugh Grant just be our prime minister already?” Twitter user @AnnabelPurdy wrote.
Hugh Grant for Prime Minister! (I mean, he did it well enough already, no?) https://t.co/Pk8bUxA4VO— Kate Rowbotham (@katerowb) August 28, 2019
can Hugh Grant just be our prime minister already? https://t.co/4gCcGndK51— Annie (@AnnabelPurdy) August 28, 2019
With the five-week suspension, Members of Parliament (MPs) will have a harder time blocking a no-deal Brexit before its deadline on Oct. 31.
Siobhan Ball is a historian, archivist, and journalist. She also writes for Autostraddle and bi.org