- Man dragged for recording, posting video of neighbor being ‘killed’ instead of helping Saturday 4:14 PM
- How to stream Saints vs. Bears in Week 7 Saturday 3:25 PM
- How to stream Seahawks vs. Ravens in Week 7 Saturday 3:25 PM
- Are TikTok teens throwing up gang signs in their videos? Saturday 2:45 PM
- Anti-impeachment protesters believe ‘deep state’ tried to sabotage rally Saturday 12:51 PM
- How to stream 49ers vs. Redskins in Week 7 Saturday 12:00 PM
- How to stream Cardinals vs. Giants in Week 7 Saturday 12:00 PM
- How to stream Packers vs. Raiders in Week 7 Saturday 12:00 PM
- How to stream Vikings vs. Lions in Week 7 Saturday 12:00 PM
- How to stream Rams vs. Falcons in Week 7 Saturday 12:00 PM
- Billie Eilish fans think they figured out who stole her ring Saturday 11:32 AM
- ‘Give me candy’: Hailey Bieber mocked for defense of celebrating Halloween as a Christian Saturday 10:28 AM
- Aaron Paul predicted Jesse Pinkman’s fate on Reddit years ago Saturday 8:53 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Eli’ is a satisfyingly nasty blend of haunted houses and medical horror Saturday 7:00 AM
- Why 8chan’s founder is fighting to keep the infamous message board dead Saturday 6:30 AM
Genndry Tartakovsky, the creator of Dexter’s Laboratory, Samurai Jack, and Star Wars: Clone Wars, premiered a new series on Adult Swim, the visceral and moving Primal. The first season’s five episodes offer a fascinating and harrowing glimpse into the human condition. Fans of the animator’s previous work will definitely want to know how to watch Primal.
Primal marks a significant step forward for Tartakovsky into more sophisticated, adult-focused work, similar to Samurai Jack‘s epic final season. Unconcerned with evolutionary timelines, the show tells the story of a caveman named Spear partnering with a dinosaur named Fang to face the cruel and unusual world together in the wake of tragedy.
|HOW TO WATCH PRIMAL WITHOUT CABLE|
|SLING TV||TRY NOW|
|HULU WITH LIVE TV||TRY NOW|
Tartakovsky makes room for deep fear, rage, and depression, not usually encountered in animated series. The beautifully drawn, starkly landscaped Primal forgoes dialogue altogether, instead focusing on the rawness in retribution, survival, and grief. Writers David Krentz, Don Shank, and Tartakovsky never overextend the primary characters’ actions or motives over the 22-minute episodes. Spear and Fang attempt to survive on mammoths or whatever the harsh land provides, while nightmarish characters await them at every turn.
The positive reviews for Primal are likely a godsend for Adult Swim, after the network came under fire last month for sharing a comic on Twitter that some commenters accused of being transphobic and anti-journalist.
Here’s everything you need to know about how to stream Adult Swim’s Primal.
When and where does Primal season 1 air?
Primal premieres on Adult Swim on Monday, Oct. 7 at midnight EST and will air a new episode every day through Friday, Oct. 11.
Cartoon Network, Adult Swim’s home, is available on Hulu with Live TV, Sling TV, or YouTube TV. However, you can also watch new episodes on Adult Swim’s ad-supported website. (Episode 1 is currently available.)
How to stream Primal season 1
1) Sling TV
Cost: $25 to $40 per month (40% off first month) for Sling TV | $9 per month for Starz
- Sling TV devices: Amazon Fire TVs, Android Fire Stick, Apple TV, Android TV, Roku, Xbox One, Google Chromecast, Oculus Go, and iOS and Android devices
Sling TV is split up between two packages. You can choose whether to pay $25 per month for a single package or double up for $40. Either way, the Starz add-on—and thus a Power live stream—will cost an additional $9 per month. Moreover, if premium channels are your thing, Sling has plenty to pick from at competitive prices. (Here’s the complete guide to Sling TV channels.)
- Cost: $44.95 per month
- Hulu devices: Roku, Apple TV, Google Chromecast, Amazon Fire Stick and Fire TV, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Nintendo Switch, and iOS and Android devices
- Local channels: ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC, the CW (check your local availability here)
Hulu with Live TV is one of the most popular ways to stream live TV, perhaps because you gain access to a massive library of on-demand content including classic and current TV shows, movies, not to mention Hulu’s original programming. As far as live-streaming goes, you’ll have almost 60 channels to flip through, including HGTV, a full suite of ESPN channels, Cartoon Network, FX, and even deep cuts like Nat Geo Wild and Syfy. Here’s the complete list of Hulu Live TV channels.
3) YouTube TV
- Cost: $49.99 per month
- YouTube TV devices: Google Chromecast, Roku, Apple TV,Android TV, Xbox One, iOS, and Android devices
- Local channels: NBC, CBS, Fox, ABC, the CW (enter your ZIP code here to check your availability)
YouTube TV is a great solution for families because one subscription can add up to six accounts. Each account comes with unlimited cloud DVR. There are sports channels like NBCSN, NBA TV, and four ESPN channels. Disney, Disney XD, Disney Junior, and Cartoon Network will keep any kid (or kid at heart) busy for hours. It also comes with a few Spanish-language channels like Telemundo and NBC Universo. AMC, BBC America, and IFC are there too, so you won’t miss out on all that prestige TV. (You can find the full list of YouTube TV channels here.)
- How to watch Adult Swim online
- What is Sling TV?
- Review: Hulu with Live TV ensures you always have something to watch
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Kahron Spearman is a music and film critic whose work can also regularly be regularly found in the Austin Chronicle.