- Trump meme removed after copyright complaint 2 Years Ago
- Facebook pushes back against moderators complaining about ‘Big Brother’ environment Today 12:46 PM
- Twitter hid post from an account linked to Iran’s Supreme Leader Today 10:17 AM
- How to stream Leo Santa Cruz vs. Rafael Rivera for free Today 8:00 AM
- ‘Larry Charles’ Dangerous World of Comedy’ finds the balance between tragedy and comedy Today 7:30 AM
- How to stream Michael ‘Venom’ Page vs. Paul Daley for free Today 7:00 AM
- How to watch the NBA Dunk Contest 2019 online for free Today 6:50 AM
- The best new TV shows to stream this weekend Today 6:00 AM
- Bug lets Twitter save your DMs—even after you delete them Friday 7:21 PM
- Guy mansplains song to Japanese Breakfast, the female artist who wrote the song Friday 6:38 PM
- Ann Coulter’s Twitter bio links to a vulgar parody account Friday 5:22 PM
- Popular YouTube music channel gets income yanked for ‘repetitious’ content Friday 4:14 PM
- New website will endlessly generate fake faces thanks to AI Friday 3:41 PM
- Man fakes getting stood up at Outback Steakhouse Friday 3:03 PM
- FCC looks to tackle robocalls and spoofed texts Friday 2:57 PM
How to download Netflix shows and movies to watch offline later
Here’s how it works.
Netflix just made it significantly easier to “chill,” even if you’re driving through the middle of nowhere or cruising toward phone data overage fees. In November 2016, the streaming company announced that subscription holders worldwide can now download content to watch offline and on the go.
There countless reasons why you might want to download Netflix shows and movies. Maybe you’re about to get on a plane, or you’re taking a long road trip and need to occupy your kids. No matter the reason, downloading will ensure a seamless experience without any buffering. In fact, Netflix uses an estimated 1 to 3 gigabytes of data per hour when streaming in high definition. (If you need a place to start, you can check out our guides to the best movies on Netflix, horror movies, kids movies, and TV shows.)
How to download Netflix
To access the new feature, you’ll have to update your device’s Netflix app to the latest version.
Then just tap the new download icon on the right of the episode to download.
It’s really that simple.
- 14 Netflix hacks that will change your life
- The 105 best movies on Netflix
- The 30 best standup specials on Netflix when you really need a laugh
- What’s new on Netflix
Samantha Grasso is a former IRL staff writer for the Daily Dot with a reporting emphasis on immigration. Her work has appeared on Los Angeles Magazine, Death And Taxes, Revelist, Texts From Last Night, Austin Monthly, and she has previously contributed to Texas Monthly.