- White woman claims she invented sleep bonnets, selling them for $100 3 Years Ago
- Even real cats are transfixed by the enigma that is the ‘Cats’ trailer Today 3:04 PM
- Wait, how tall is Peppa Pig? Today 1:55 PM
- Twitter suspends Iranian state media outlets for harassing members of a religious minority Today 1:06 PM
- Pro-MAGA pageant queen stripped of title over ‘offensive’ tweets Today 11:52 AM
- Marvel unveiled its Phase 4 plans at San Diego Comic-Con Today 9:16 AM
- How a queer Instagram is helping fight the opioid epidemic in Appalachia Today 6:30 AM
- Philadelphia to fire 13 officers for racist, violent Facebook posts Saturday 6:12 PM
- Nick Offerman is so down to play every single role in ‘Cats’ Saturday 4:27 PM
- Woman documents how airport staff broke her wheelchair Saturday 3:04 PM
- Funeral home allegedly posted photos of woman’s dead body on social media Saturday 1:56 PM
- Alinity Divine is being investigated after throwing her cat during stream (updated) Saturday 12:04 PM
- ‘Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee’ returns with Seinfeld making a racist joke about China Saturday 10:26 AM
- YouTubers Eugenia Cooney and Shane Dawson make a joint comeback Saturday 9:06 AM
- The crushing effects of Trump’s abortion ‘gag rule’ on healthcare Saturday 8:00 AM
How to download Netflix shows and movies to watch offline later
Here’s how it works.
Netflix just made it significantly easier to “chill,” even if you’re driving through the middle of nowhere or cruising toward phone data overage fees. In November 2016, the streaming company announced that subscription holders worldwide can now download content to watch offline and on the go.
There countless reasons why you might want to download Netflix shows and movies. Maybe you’re about to get on a plane, or you’re taking a long road trip and need to occupy your kids. No matter the reason, downloading will ensure a seamless experience without any buffering. In fact, Netflix uses an estimated 1 to 3 gigabytes of data per hour when streaming in high definition. (If you need a place to start, you can check out our guides to the best movies on Netflix, horror movies, kids movies, and TV shows.)
How to download Netflix
To access the new feature, you’ll have to update your device’s Netflix app to the latest version.
Then just tap the new download icon on the right of the episode to download.
It’s really that simple.
- 14 Netflix hacks that will change your life
- The 105 best movies on Netflix
- The 30 best standup specials on Netflix when you really need a laugh
- What’s new on Netflix
Samantha Grasso is a former IRL staff writer for the Daily Dot with a reporting emphasis on immigration. Her work has appeared on Los Angeles Magazine, Death And Taxes, Revelist, Texts From Last Night, Austin Monthly, and she has previously contributed to Texas Monthly.