- How much money do you need to book Beyoncé for your wedding? Monday 8:00 PM
- Twitter is stoked about Netflix’s Fyre Fest documentary Monday 7:37 PM
- Jacquees launches Twitter debate after calling himself ‘King of R&B’ Monday 6:52 PM
- Watch a British politician steal a ceremonial mace to halt Brexit proceedings Monday 6:07 PM
- Dog waits for weeks by his family’s burned house after California wildfire Monday 5:45 PM
- Proud Boys founder Gavin McInnes suspended from YouTube Monday 3:46 PM
- The best sex toys for couples to heat up the holidays Monday 3:35 PM
- Chrissy Teigen shares tattoo her dad got of her face for her birthday Monday 3:31 PM
- Kavanaugh votes against hearing Planned Parenthood defunding case Monday 3:14 PM
- YouTube’s 2018 Rewind video is one of the most-hated videos of all time Monday 12:37 PM
- Roger the buff kangaroo has died at the age of 12 Monday 12:34 PM
- Elon Musk says no one is censoring his tweets Monday 12:22 PM
- Netflix drops trailer for heist movie starring Ben Affleck and Oscar Isaac Monday 12:18 PM
- Offset tweeted about missing Cardi B—and the internet isn’t having it Monday 12:17 PM
- Why this wild Trump resignation conspiracy theory really makes a lot of sense Monday 12:14 PM
How to download Netflix shows and movies to watch offline later
Here’s how it works.
Netflix just made it significantly easier to “chill,” even if you’re driving through the middle of nowhere or cruising toward phone data overage fees. In November 2016, the streaming company announced that subscription holders worldwide can now download content to watch offline and on the go.
There countless reasons why you might want to download Netflix shows and movies. Maybe you’re about to get on a plane, or you’re taking a long road trip and need to occupy your kids. No matter the reason, downloading will ensure a seamless experience without any buffering. In fact, Netflix uses an estimated 1 to 3 gigabytes of data per hour when streaming in high definition. (If you need a place to start, you can check out our guides to the best movies on Netflix, horror movies, kids movies, and TV shows.)
How to download Netflix
To access the new feature, you’ll have to update your device’s Netflix app to the latest version.
Then just tap the new download icon on the right of the episode to download.
It’s really that simple.
- 14 Netflix hacks that will change your life
- The 105 best movies on Netflix
- The 30 best standup specials on Netflix when you really need a laugh
- What’s new on Netflix
Samantha Grasso is an IRL staff writer for the Daily Dot with a reporting emphasis on immigration. Her work has appeared on Los Angeles Magazine, Death And Taxes, Revelist, Texts From Last Night, Austin Monthly, and she has previously contributed to Texas Monthly.