- How to stream Liverpool vs. Chelsea Friday 6:45 PM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. Sevilla Friday 6:35 PM
- How to stream Peter ‘Kid Chocolate’ Quillin vs. Alfredo Angulo Friday 5:16 PM
- How to stream Barcelona vs. Granada Friday 4:50 PM
- ‘Atlantics’ tells a ghost story steeped with emotion and realism Friday 4:16 PM
- ‘Jojo Rabbit’ is a sweet, singular movie that loses its grip on satire Friday 3:40 PM
- Jordan Peterson is in rehab for Klonopin addiction Friday 3:34 PM
- The cat-worshipping turkey cult video, explained Friday 3:22 PM
- Despite legal threats and drama, the Area 51 desert event is on Friday 3:05 PM
- How to stream Yair Rodriguez vs. Jeremy Stephens on UFC Fight Night Friday 3:00 PM
- Twitter just launched its ‘Hide Replies’ feature Friday 1:59 PM
- How to turn off image metadata before it snitches on you Friday 1:36 PM
- The ‘Breaking Bad’ movie is coming to theaters—for one weekend only Friday 1:04 PM
- Teens recorded, shared videos of mall fight that ended in fatal stabbing Friday 12:44 PM
- How to stream Giants vs. Buccaneers in Week 3 Friday 12:31 PM
Yogscast brings video gamers into your home.
Watching an episode of Yogscast is like having two best friends you didn’t know you had (and may not have known were British), come over to play video games and spout perpetually witty banter.
This sense of familiarity is quite possibly what made the duo’s videos so popular (that, and the incorporated story arc in their Minecraft videos)– Yogscast has racked up more then 200 million views on their YouTube channel. Fans of Yogscast are in for an unusual treat – a video about Team Fortress 2, the free-to-play team-based first person shooter.
Usually, the videos consist of two guys playing games to their witty repartee. But in this case, Simon Lane , who goes by Honeydew, narrates the TF2 video alone.
He starts with this message: “This is a public service announcement video. It has come to my attention recently that many of you were not aware what TF2 is, so I’m here to educate you”
Honeydew explains he’s just gotten back into playing TF2, preferring to play the role of a medic because they’re “always welcome.” Honeydew likes relaxing and firing healing beams, which is one of the primary functions of the medic.
Honeydew doesn’t have a very relaxing experience in the video, however, and ends up raging.
His main complaint is that he’s wasting all his “ubers” (an “uber” is the ultimate Medic power that makes his teammate invincible for a short time in order to achieve an objective) on his teammates.
In fairness, Honeydew is at fault for the waste because he fails to communicate with them during the game. He also squanders his uber powers by firing it willy-nilly — even at times when it’s not needed.
But that’s what makes Yogscast so entertaining; if they played the game correctly it wouldn’t be as fun to watch.
Fruzsina Eördögh was the Daily Dot's first YouTube reporter. In addition to working as a producer for the now-defunct digital channel TouchVision TV, Eördögh has been published by Vice, the Christian Science Monitor, the Guardian, Variety, and Slate.