- How to stream Barcelona vs. Eibar Friday 6:00 PM
- How to stream ‘Bigfoot’ Silva vs. Gabriel Gonzaga in BKFC Friday 6:00 PM
- Demi Lovato’s nude photos allegedly leaked on Snapchat Friday 3:07 PM
- NBA TV is the new streaming service for basketball fanatics Friday 3:02 PM
- California residents will get cell phone alerts seconds before earthquakes Friday 2:29 PM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. RCD Mallorca Friday 2:00 PM
- Trump accused of ‘using the language of ethnic cleansing’ regarding Kurds Friday 1:42 PM
- Hillary Clinton also thinks Tulsi Gabbard is a Russian bot Friday 1:13 PM
- TikTok girls dancing to voicemails from sh*tty exes is a vibe Friday 12:34 PM
- Netflix reports strong growth—but it faces 3 major hurdles in Q4 Friday 12:33 PM
- Telegram is hosting videos of extrajudicial killings in Syria Friday 12:32 PM
- ‘El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie’ tops 8 million viewers in first week Friday 11:31 AM
- ‘Uncut Gems’ brings a high-stakes gambling risk to life Friday 11:29 AM
- Mark Zuckerberg gives a revisionist history about why he started Facebook in big speech Friday 10:52 AM
- Would Hitler be allowed to tweet? Friday 10:21 AM
Hippo Coworker spreads office gossip
A photo from the Telegraph has proven the perfect backdrop for office cubicle commentary.
Some days, working with a group of smelly, loud, and groan-filled hippopotamuses seems like a cakewalk compared to dealing with coworkers. Now, a new Tumblr has validated that not-so-crazy thought.
Hippo Coworker is a one-picture post featuring a hippo screeching to another hippo. The caption offers obnoxious observations usually better left unsaid.
The picture the meme is based off was originally published in the Telegraph. From the Tumblr’s first post:
Two hippos appear to gossip over the fence. A hippo quickly turned into a noisy neighbour after being separated from his other half in the days leading up to her giving birth. The couple had been inseparable for months while living together at the Taman Safari park in Java, Indonesia. But they had to be separated while the female gives birth. So he started spending most of his time peering over the wall bellowing out calls to his partner living next door. The scene was captured by keen photographer Vladimir Odinchenko, 52, while visiting the park.
From the new parent to the coworker who just discovered the joys of 30 Rock, the blog pokes fun at those curious creatures that roam your office. “Wanna see my wife’s birth video?” has garnered the most commentsthus far on the newly created blog.
As Greg from accounting quotes The Office from, like, eight seasons ago, the blog’s a fun reminder that from office cubicles to the zoo, gossip spreads through all species.
Photos by Hippo Coworker
A former editorial operations specialist and staff writer for the Daily Dot, Jordan Valinsky is a tech reporter and web culture commentator. His work has been published by the Week, Digiday, CNNMoney, Popular Mechanics, Vice, Mic, and Betabeat.