- Twitter suspends 70 pro-Bloomberg accounts 5 Years Ago
- In documentary ‘Modern Whore,’ a former escort takes control of her own narrative Today 6:30 AM
- Cara Delevingne calls out Justin Bieber for ‘ranking’ wife Hailey’s friends Friday 9:07 PM
- Fans defend Jenna Marbles after some people claimed she mistreated her dogs in a recent video Friday 8:37 PM
- ‘Friends’ gets reunion special on HBO Max, fans go wild Friday 7:37 PM
- Why you should drop everything and start reading ‘Lore Olympus’ Friday 6:27 PM
- ‘Boogaloo’ memes are trying to organize a second civil war—and they’re spreading fast Friday 3:48 PM
- People are disturbed by these McDonald’s-scented candles Friday 3:47 PM
- Season 2 of ‘The Witcher’ is in production Friday 3:16 PM
- Here are some cringey billboards Bloomberg ran in Arizona Friday 2:51 PM
- PewDiePie returns to YouTube after 37-day hiatus Friday 2:01 PM
- Why was a Republican Party Facebook page co-managed by someone in Turkmenistan? Friday 1:26 PM
- The shorthand guide to ‘Star Wars: The Clone Wars’ Friday 1:07 PM
- Congress urges Tinder to screen for sex offenders Friday 1:03 PM
- Video shows 9-year-old threatening suicide after being bullied Friday 12:01 PM
Here’s your chance to win a prop from ‘How I Met Your Mother’
It’s gonna be legen—wait for it—dary.
Fans now have a chance to win iconic props from the How I Met Your Mother set in the mother of all giveaways.
In a promotion for the complete series box set, Twentieth Century Fox is offering props that appeared on the show throughout nine seasons in a Tumblr contest—including Robin’s Vancouver jersey, Ted’s hot dog costume, and the parking meter that Barney’s father ripped from the street, with each coming with an official certificate of authenticity. While only items from the first two seasons are currently available, props from the later seasons will be offered as the contest progresses.
A “Flash Sweepstakes” will occur every Monday from Sept. 22 to Oct. 20 at 8pm ET, when fans will have a three-hour window to submit entries to win a specific item from the show. The first one up for grabs is the pink boom box that appeared in Robin Sparkles’ “Let’s Go to the Mall” video.
For HIMYM creators Carter Bays and Craig Thomas, giving the props to fans was a way to thank them for almost a decade of support.
“You guys rooted the show on, made it a part of your life, and spent every Monday night with us for nearly a decade,” Bays said in a statement. “We will always be grateful for that. As a way of saying thanks, we’d like to give you the opportunity for a piece of How I Met Your Mother to actually, physically belong to you. From all of us at HIMYM, thanks for watching, and good luck!”
“We hope that you treasure and enjoy these beloved pieces of HIMYM‘s soul, or that you at least don’t sell them on eBay,” Thomas added.
You can also enter your name into a drawing to win props during the week, which are distinguishable by the “Win Me!” label on them. A winner is chosen every week and is different from the “Flash Sweepstakes.”
One fan will win the grand prize: the actual bar from MacLaren’s with bar stools, which is perfect to either toast the end of the show or drink to forget that the much-hated finale ever happened.
Photo via vagueonthehow/Flickr (CC BY 2.0)
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.