- How to uninstall the Epic Games Launcher (for real) 2 Weeks Ago
- How to watch the Indianapolis 500 online for free 2 Weeks Ago
- Ohio KKK rally met with massive counter-protest and witty signs from local businesses Saturday 5:06 PM
- Guy who said he stole drugs from MS-13 now says viral story is fake Saturday 4:07 PM
- Financial service company left 885 million private records exposed online Saturday 3:13 PM
- Sasha Obama went to prom and Twitter is delighted with the photos Saturday 2:22 PM
- Jon Voight says Trump is the greatest president since Lincoln in Twitter videos Saturday 1:31 PM
- #DeleteFacebook gains momentum after the platform refused to remove doctored Nancy Pelosi videos Saturday 11:58 AM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ failed women—and it’s a shame on its legacy Saturday 7:40 AM
- How to use Tor, the network that lets you browse the web anonymously Saturday 7:30 AM
- How to live stream Devin Haney vs. Antonio Moran on DAZN Saturday 7:00 AM
- Trump’s transphobic policies are disgusting—but they aren’t new Saturday 6:30 AM
- How to watch the Copa del Rey Final online for free Saturday 5:45 AM
- How to watch the DFB-Pokal final for free Saturday 5:30 AM
- Curvy Wife Guy drops music video for rap song ‘Chubby Sexy’ Friday 7:33 PM
Netflix is sending Hilary Swank to space in upcoming series Away.
In the 10-episode series, Swank will play astronaut Emma Green, who is sent on a dangerous mission and must leave her daughter and husband behind. Away is loosely based on an Esquire article of the same name about astronaut Scott Kelly’s yearlong mission aboard the International Space Station from 2015 to 2016, the physical results of which were recently published. The IMDb entry for the series describes it as a “love story and survival tale set during the first human mission to Mars.”
Swank stars and executive produces, and The Path‘s Jessica Goldberg will be showrunner. Swank is also the lead in upcoming Netflix sci-fi film I Am Mother, about a future where children are raised by a robot called Mother. Away, created by playwright Andrew Hinderaker, follows last year’s critically panned Hulu series The First, which was also about a mission to Mars.
- Netflix’s audio quality just got a whole lot better
- Everyone hates the ending to Netflix horror flick ‘The Silence’
- ‘The Office,’ ‘Friends,’ and ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ were Netflix’s top-streamed shows of 2018
Audra Schroeder is the Daily Dot’s senior entertainment writer, and she focuses on streaming, comedy, and music. Her work has previously appeared in the Austin Chronicle, the Dallas Observer, NPR, ESPN, Bitch, and the Village Voice. She is based in Austin, Texas.