- Report: Personal data of 49 million Instagram influencers exposed online Today 4:57 PM
- ‘Stranger Things’ season 3 trailer teases a wet, hot American summer Today 4:02 PM
- What Daenerys’ biggest ‘Game of Thrones’ scenes have in common with Nazi propaganda Today 3:12 PM
- Here’s what’s coming to Amazon Prime in June Today 2:11 PM
- Where did Jon Snow go? Unpacking the ‘Game of Thrones’ ending Today 2:04 PM
- So, did anyone actually win ‘Game of Thrones’? Today 1:29 PM
- The surprising religious subtext of ‘John Wick: Chapter 3’ Today 12:53 PM
- Robin Arryn got hot—and the internet is seriously shook Today 12:40 PM
- Tana Mongeau is going to VidCon a year after TanaCon disaster Today 12:12 PM
- What have 2020 Democrats said about Alabama’s abortion ban? Today 11:36 AM
- People keep throwing milkshakes at the U.K.’s far-right politicians Today 11:10 AM
- James Charles is rebounding from his YouTube scandal—and his mentor is paying the price Today 10:42 AM
- Conservatives accuse Pete Buttigieg of wanting to tear down Jefferson Memorial Today 10:28 AM
- Graduating Moorehouse students thank billionaire for vowing to pay off $40m in student debt Today 10:22 AM
- ‘Westworld’ season 3 trailer gives us a new world, Aaron Paul Today 10:17 AM
How a One Direction fan named Taylor resurrected an old dream
1D fans are super into Harry Styles signing a hat for a fan named Taylor, ‘like Swift.’
On its own, this isn’t a hugely big deal for anyone other than @otrataylor and her friends. But since her real name is Taylor, footage of Styles signing the hat was enough to bring back sweet, sweet memories from the Harry Styles/Taylor Swift romance.
Checking how to spell her name, Styles appears to ask, “Like Swift?” and now Harry/Taylor shippers are freaking out.
Taylor (not Swift) even tried to clarify that it was a fluke with little to do with Taylor Swift, but it was too late.
Haylor fandom is still alive and well, it seems—three years after their breakup. But a few fans had a simpler explanation:
@otrataylor THNAKS FOR BEING NAEMD TAYLOR
— ariana (@softwarmground) August 19, 2015
Hopefully the Green Bay Packers are even half as excited as One Directioners over this time in the spotlight.
Photo via otrataylor/Twitter
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor