- ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ delivers a powerfully political episode Thursday 8:30 PM
- Bowser is taking over Nintendo—and the memes make themselves Thursday 7:02 PM
- California aims to strengthen data breach notification law Thursday 5:37 PM
- Feds say college student operated drug business through gaming app Thursday 4:36 PM
- Trump is again using old videos to claim his border wall is ‘under construction Thursday 4:05 PM
- Laura Loomer led a second protest at Twitter yesterday Thursday 3:37 PM
- The eyes have it in these ‘Alita: Battle Angel’ memes Thursday 2:13 PM
- Facebook let advertisers target users interested in infamous Nazis Thursday 1:58 PM
- Dem senator promises to put net neutrality on the ‘political hot seat’ in coming months Thursday 1:28 PM
- Someone figured out that Toothless from ‘How to Train Your Dragon’ looks just like Bulbasaur Thursday 12:44 PM
- Disturbing Snapchat video shows 17-year-old throwing dog on trampoline Thursday 12:16 PM
- How to watch the new Bon Appetit channel for free Thursday 12:03 PM
- Eminem disses Netflix for canceling ‘The Punisher’ Thursday 11:50 AM
- Florida prisons sued for depriving inmates of music they paid for Thursday 11:36 AM
- Chris Hemsworth will become Hulk Hogan for Netflix biopic Thursday 11:29 AM
Exclusive clip of ‘Hannibal’ season 3 shows us where he’s been hiding
The life of a serial killer is a glamorous one.
But from the looks of season 3, which lands on NBC next week, things have been going just fine for Hannibal himself. Mads Mikkelsen’s mild-mannered, utterly diabolical character has been living in the lap of luxury while we were gnawing our fingernails with worry (no other body parts, promise).
In this exclusive preview for the season opener, “Antipasto,” we get a gorgeously filmed glimpse of what seems to be his sabbatical in Florence. Hannibal appears to be deep in his study of human hearts, casually surrounded by macabre instruments of human torture in the world’s creepiest research lab. It’s gorgeous but cold, much like Hannibal himself.
And Hannibal looks a bit bored. This can’t be good.
Like everything else about Bryan Fuller‘s intricate show, the aesthetic is deceptively beautiful—the seductive lure Fuller has used to attract some of the hottest names in horror to helm episodes of this show.
Refined, classical, and quiet, this preview practically drips with mayhem and carnage in absentia—and the less we know about what those terrifying iron jaws are for, or what’s stored in those rows of display cases, the better.
Hannibal season 3 premieres June 4 at 10pm ET.
Screengrab courtesy NBC
Aja Romano is a geek culture reporter and fandom expert. Their reporting at the Daily Dot covered everything from Harry Potter and anime to Tumblr and Gamergate. Romano joined Vox as a staff reporter in 2016.