- Reddit Relationships: Man laughs at girlfriend for using Microsoft PowerPoint during sex Thursday 8:59 PM
- The 15 Brad Pitt movies you need to see now, ranked Thursday 8:26 PM
- Facebook could face legal action over the Area 51 event Thursday 6:50 PM
- How to stream Texans vs. Chargers in NFL Week 3 action Thursday 6:40 PM
- Tekashi 69 alleges Cardi B was a Bloods gang member Thursday 5:55 PM
- Right-wing sites falsely claimed group of Somalis attacked man in viral video Thursday 5:00 PM
- Big creators risk losing checkmarks amid YouTube verification purge Thursday 4:56 PM
- How to stream Eagles vs. Lions in NFL Week 3 action Thursday 4:52 PM
- How to stream Steelers vs. 49ers in NFL Week 3 action Thursday 4:10 PM
- How to stream Bills vs. Bengals in NFL Week 3 action Thursday 4:03 PM
- Colt halts production of AR-15s for civilians Thursday 3:45 PM
- If you love long-winded, hashtag-heavy Instagram captions, these apps can help Thursday 2:54 PM
- Teen girls on TikTok have convinced the internet that they eat their tampons Thursday 2:33 PM
- Twitch streamer faces criticism for trying to defend racist jokes Thursday 2:03 PM
- How to stream Raiders vs. Vikings in Week 3 Thursday 12:55 PM
Exclusive clip of ‘Hannibal’ season 3 shows us where he’s been hiding
The life of a serial killer is a glamorous one.
But from the looks of season 3, which lands on NBC next week, things have been going just fine for Hannibal himself. Mads Mikkelsen’s mild-mannered, utterly diabolical character has been living in the lap of luxury while we were gnawing our fingernails with worry (no other body parts, promise).
In this exclusive preview for the season opener, “Antipasto,” we get a gorgeously filmed glimpse of what seems to be his sabbatical in Florence. Hannibal appears to be deep in his study of human hearts, casually surrounded by macabre instruments of human torture in the world’s creepiest research lab. It’s gorgeous but cold, much like Hannibal himself.
And Hannibal looks a bit bored. This can’t be good.
Like everything else about Bryan Fuller‘s intricate show, the aesthetic is deceptively beautiful—the seductive lure Fuller has used to attract some of the hottest names in horror to helm episodes of this show.
Refined, classical, and quiet, this preview practically drips with mayhem and carnage in absentia—and the less we know about what those terrifying iron jaws are for, or what’s stored in those rows of display cases, the better.
Hannibal season 3 premieres June 4 at 10pm ET.
Screengrab courtesy NBC
Aja Romano is a geek culture reporter and fandom expert. Their reporting at the Daily Dot covered everything from Harry Potter and anime to Tumblr and Gamergate. Romano joined Vox as a staff reporter in 2016.