- Network of fake news sites in Michigan appears to be right-wing propaganda effort Today 6:30 AM
- ‘BoJack Horseman’ hints at a brutal reckoning in its final season Today 5:30 AM
- How to stream Barcelona vs. Slavia Praha in the Champions League Today 2:00 AM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Ajax in the Champions League Today 1:00 AM
- People are using #WheresLindsey to criticize Graham over Trump ‘lynching’ defense Tuesday 8:22 PM
- 2 Proud Boys sentenced to 4 years in prison for attacking antifa protesters Tuesday 7:20 PM
- Paul Joseph Watson is very upset by bartender serving beer with her butt Tuesday 6:24 PM
- Twitter developing a policy to combat deepfakes Tuesday 5:28 PM
- The Nate Diaz vs. Jorge Masvidal bout at UFC 244 is perfect for NYC and its fight mecca Tuesday 5:27 PM
- Alexis Bledel named most dangerous online celebrity Tuesday 5:02 PM
- Kylie Jenner trademarks ‘rise and shine’ after meme success Tuesday 4:50 PM
- ‘Watchmen’ website expands what you know about its alt-history Tuesday 4:31 PM
- Smoke ’em, pass ’em Week 8: Mark Walton szn Tuesday 4:26 PM
- Venmo’s first-ever credit card to launch in 2020 Tuesday 3:46 PM
- Wet Kylo Ren may turn everyone to the dark side Tuesday 3:15 PM
Grand Theft Auto fans can’t wait to steal again
Ripping off cars, roaming strange cities, hanging in the hood—it’s all fun and games. And fans can’t wait for the next release of Grand Theft Auto.
Rockstar Games has just announced the release date for the Grand Theft Auto V trailer and the Internet can barely contain its excitement.
On Reddit, Twitter and Tumblr thousands of video game fans have been spreading the news of the Nov. 2 release and trying to figure out where the next game will take place.
The Grand Theft Auto series is famous for having its game set in fictionalized versions of Miami, New York, San Francisco and Los Angeles. Players roam freely around these cities where they work for the criminal underworld to steal cars, kill rival gangs and outrun the cops. Since the series debuted in 1997, the games have sold more than 114 million copies worldwide, according to Gamasutra, a news organization for video game developers.
The game has been been a worldwide trending topic on Twitter, gathering more than 30,000 mentions in the last five hours, according to statistics from Topsy, a social media search engine.
“I anticipate GTA V, so much for giving up on gaming,” tweeted Andrew Brannan (@iamgarybarlow).
News of the trailer shot the top of Reddit’s front page, where more than 1,300 people shared their thoughts on where the new game will take place. So far, the leading theories are Washington, D.C., Las Vegas and London.
And like true Grand Theft Auto fans, most could care less of where the game was set and just wanted to get their hands on the new installment.
“Oh for fuck’s sake, another 6 months of my life spent in laa laa land stealing cars/helicopters/boats/planes/bikes, shooting random people and roaming around the city for shits and giggles,” wrote borez. “can’t wait.”
Fernando Alfonso III served as an early Reddit and 4chan reporter and the Daily Dot’s first art director until 2016. He’s gone on to report at Lexington’s Herald-Leader and at the Houston Chronicle.