- The 5 best Spike Lee movies 4 Years Ago
- Jesse Eisenberg and Imogen Poots visit suburban hell in ‘Vivarium’ Today 4:30 AM
- Spoiler-free review: HBO’s ‘Watchmen’ leans into the comic’s political side Today 3:00 AM
- #DogsAgainstBrexit highlights the negative impact of Brexit on pets Monday 7:44 PM
- Congress investigating whether vaping manufacturers used social media bots Monday 6:34 PM
- Influencer accuses Lisa Frank of stealing apartment design, says that’s why she’s getting evicted (updated) Monday 6:12 PM
- Brits are sharing their ‘awfully British Amazon reviews’ on Twitter Monday 4:08 PM
- How to stream Mexico vs. Panama in Concacaf Nations League play Monday 3:38 PM
- How to stream U.S. vs. Canada in the Concacaf Nations League tournament Monday 3:21 PM
- Fortnite’s black hole launches conspiracy theories and memes Monday 3:19 PM
- WeWork pulls phone booths over formaldehyde concerns Monday 3:06 PM
- Mark Zuckerberg is reportedly having private meetings with prominent conservatives Monday 3:03 PM
- Firework is a social video app with a literal twist Monday 2:46 PM
- Pro-Trump meme comedian Carpe Donktum suspended by Twitter (updated) Monday 1:35 PM
- Here are all of the Disney+ titles available to stream at launch Monday 12:52 PM
Aretha Franklin’s “Respect” has influenced generation after generation. And now one adorable tap-dancing girl has made it her own.
This video of a young girl named Johanna performing a tap-dance routine to the classic soul song was posted by YouTuber Elissa Colón, the girl’s mother. In the video, you can hear someone, most likely Johanna’s dad, screaming, “That’s my baby!”
And, well, where to even start with this video? The immediate sass and finger-wag she gives the audience when she turns around? Her “I got this” look? The cute little stage directions she gives her fellow dancers? Her circle-snaps? Her fierce exit?
The video’s already received more than 10 million views since Colón posted it to her Facebook page yesterday. We think Aretha would be all about it.
Screengrab via Elissa Colón/YouTube
Audra Schroeder is the Daily Dot’s senior entertainment writer, and she focuses on streaming, comedy, and music. Her work has previously appeared in the Austin Chronicle, the Dallas Observer, NPR, ESPN, Bitch, and the Village Voice. She is based in Austin, Texas.