- Group running GoFundMe for border wall breaks ground without permits 8 Years Ago
- Biden says he won’t support federal legalization of marijuana 8 Years Ago
- People can’t get enough of ‘Baby Yoda’ 8 Years Ago
- ‘The Crown’ season 3 switches its cast but loses none of its intrigue 8 Years Ago
- Protesters occupying Hong Kong university post last wishes to Twitter as police move in 8 Years Ago
- Sara Lee navigates dirty Instagram comments after ‘SNL’ sketch 8 Years Ago
- YouTuber David Dobrik says his monthly earnings dipped $273K after ‘adpocalypse’ Today 10:47 AM
- Pete Buttigieg took a Holocaust memorial picture Today 10:14 AM
- #IVapeIVote may have helped Trump back off proposed vaping ban Today 8:59 AM
- Whataburger blasted for refusing to serve drag queen Today 8:33 AM
- ‘Justice League’ actors show support for the Snyder Cut campaign Today 8:08 AM
- Laura Loomer may be a fringe candidate, but she’s being funded by big-time GOP donors Today 8:00 AM
- TikTok teen makes a video of his English teacher, the guy who sang ‘Story of a Girl’ Today 7:50 AM
- The teens of TikTok are doing just fine, thank you very much Today 7:00 AM
- ‘Watchmen’ episode 5: Looking Glass just became one of the most compelling characters Sunday 9:05 PM
Thursday’s Reddit Digest—”Community” star Gillian Jacobs double dips
A grandma gets a subpoena for pirating porn, the Game Theory of Batman, and why lightning bolts aren’t straight.
Want to read Reddit but don’t have the time? Our daily Reddit Digest highlights the most interesting or important discussions from around the social news site—every morning.
Redditors want to know: Why is President Obama keeping a Yemeni journalist in prison? “Remember in 2009, when the USA launched a drone strike in Yemen and both governments lied and said it was a strike by Yemeni security forces? Yeah, the journalist who blew the lid on that is currently a political prisoner. Even worse, Obama personally requested he not be released,” madcat033 writes. (/r/worldpolitics)
An article on Game Theory, John Nash, and why the Joker is our savior leads to a fascinating r/science discussion. “i would sign up for a master’s level class in ‘game theory of batman,'” rats_in_boxes concludes. Who wouldn’t? (/r/science)
A porn company has apparently served a subpoena to this redditor’s grandma, who “is on oxygen and can barely send an e-mail without help,” for illegally downloading porn. You are not your IP. (/r/AskReddit)
Lucas Gonzalez, the three-year-old whom Reddit rallied to support last December, underwent his bone marrow transplant yesterday. He’s doing fine—as fine as a sick little kid can do. Here’s the full update from the family, and the discussion on r/Assistance). (/r/Assistance)
You won’t enjoy this thread. But you should read it, anyway. At, r/TwoXChromosomes women share stories of rape and sexual assault, prompted by one redditors submission to the Unbreakable Project. (/r/TwoXChromosomes)
Both of Jacobs’ posts were more popular than Pulitzer Prize winner Jesse Eisinger’s AMA. So was an interview with an LED lighting expert. Hey, LEDs are cool and all, but that’s a little disappointing, Reddit. Especially considering Eisinger was no slouch. (/r/IAmA)
Did I miss something? Let me know in the comments!
Image by Puck Goodfellow
Kevin Morris is a veteran web reporter and editor who specializes in longform journalism. He led the Daily Dot’s esports vertical and, following its acquisition by GAMURS in late 2016, launched Dot Esports, where he serves as the site’s editor-in-chief.