- Patrick Stewart has spoken to Kevin Feige about playing Professor X again 2 Years Ago
- ‘Shrill’ season 2 expands its world and point of view 2 Years Ago
- Trans/Sex: Let trans art be messy, weird, and uncomfortable Today 6:00 AM
- Pediatrician gets death threats after pro-vaccine TikTok video Monday 9:37 PM
- This Australia-themed dildo is raising money to fight the bushfires Monday 8:26 PM
- Influencers say they’ve received unwanted sexual solicitations worth thousands Monday 7:39 PM
- Pregnant woman masterfully trolls gender-obsessed relative Monday 3:05 PM
- HBO’s ‘Curb Your Enthusiasm’ returns from a 2-year break with brand new ways to make you cringe Monday 3:00 PM
- Far-right accused of impersonating antifa online to encourage violence at Richmond rally Monday 1:59 PM
- Second Amendment protesters defend gun rights with truly terrible signs Monday 12:52 PM
- David Lynch surprises fans by dropping Netflix short out of the blue Monday 12:29 PM
- Poop-focused parody of Kent State Gun Girl sparks conservative ire Monday 11:58 AM
- 6-year-old raises $250K for Australian bushfires by making clay koalas Monday 11:31 AM
- What you need to know about Clearview AI and its facial recognition app Monday 10:36 AM
- Apple TV+ gets its first SAG Award while Netflix and Amazon nab 2 each Monday 10:07 AM
Gillian Anderson on Thursday turned heads when the X-Files star tweeted about her, um, personal massager. “What’s more to say?” the 49-year-old Chicago-born star wrote, next to an eggplant emoji. But she’s not just being openly sex-positive, the tweet was also a smartly calculated tie-in to a recent episode of the rebooted sci-fi series.
As Twitchy points out, the vibrator appears to be a “Mimi,” from U.K. manufacturer Je Joue sex toys; the Mimi is billed as quiet, discreet, rechargeable, waterproof, and boasts five speeds. It comes in four colors and retails for $89.
Fans on Twitter were shocked and delighted by Anderson’s candor.
Gillian Anderson coming out of nowhere to snatch the "Horny on Main" title in 2018.— Elite Bear Agents (@Bearpigman) March 1, 2018
That was the best sentence I've ever typed in my entire life https://t.co/mFBEGZHD6f
looks like scully had to find a new friend 😏 pic.twitter.com/NuGSdIqNr1— hollie 🤍 (@mybIoodlines) March 1, 2018
Mulder’s jealous— karen (@thedanaeffect) March 1, 2018
While we don’t doubt Anderson’s love for the product, the tweet also doubles as buzz for her rebooted X-Files run. This week’s episode, “Rm9sbG93ZXJz,” featured a robot maid finding Scully’s vibrator under the bed. The plot point took some finessing to clear with the network, as episode writer Kristen Cloke tells SyFy Wire:
When we were in preproduction and were working on props, we had certain vibrators that were “cleared.” Prime-time vibrators, I guess! And we do call it the “personal massager” in the script. High-level stuff. But that was motivated by an article that said something about the fact that the personal massagers at, I think it was Brookstone, were collecting your personal data. So all the technology talks to each other, and it is all technology that has been reported, at one time or another, to be collecting your personal data. It all knows about you.
Anderson’s horniness, thus, serves as a valuable reminder that all of our technology is privy to our most intimate habits.
Ramon Ramirez is the news director, and formerly the Dot's entertainment editor and evening editor. His work has appeared in the Washington Post, Grantland, Washington City Paper, Austin American-Statesman, and Austin Monitor.