- Twitter lifts ‘permanent’ suspension of activist Barrett Brown Monday 5:52 PM
- Billie Eilish fans fend off objectifying comments on tank top photo Monday 5:32 PM
- Groom’s mother sabotages wedding by tricking guests into wearing jorts and hoodies Monday 4:39 PM
- No one believes Bill de Blasio’s son sent him these debate prep texts Monday 3:26 PM
- Meek Mill, Jay-Z to release ‘Free Meek’ documentary on Amazon Prime Monday 3:20 PM
- 3 ways to secure your Nest cameras Monday 3:15 PM
- This Pokémon generator site is creating hilarious monsters Monday 2:48 PM
- MrBeast impersonator tricks kid into destroying his XBox Monday 12:50 PM
- This mom has the perfect nickname for her nonbinary kid Monday 12:25 PM
- Netflix tests pop-out player that will allow viewers to multitask Monday 11:44 AM
- Man allowed to sue media publishers over readers’ Facebook comments Monday 11:42 AM
- Republicans slammed for joke about ‘heavily armed militia’ at Oregon statehouse Monday 11:30 AM
- New bill wants tech companies to tell you how much your data is worth Monday 10:53 AM
- AOC has the best response to Steve King’s ‘concentration camp’ criticism Monday 10:19 AM
- Did Jake Paul and Tana Mongeau just get engaged? Monday 9:26 AM
George Lucas promises to make patriotic films in honor of Fox News
Now we know why George Lucas will be doing with all that free time away from ‘Star Wars.’
Although Fox almost always rushes to judgment, Jon Stewart offered his congratulations to the “whale of a network” anyway. He might have compared Fox News to an actual 18-year-old for its massive ego and tendency to “spend 24 hours a day jerking yourself off,” but in the end, he conceded that Fox’s anchors were right: they got something right and they should be praised for it.
Good thing Star Wars creator George Lucas isn’t doing all that much lately. Jon Stewart got him to speak for all of Hollywood by promising that he wouldn’t make another movie unless it was full of patriotism in a galaxy far, far way. It was Stewart and Lucas’ way of showing Fox their appreciation—but of course, they did it as only The Daily Show could.
Lucas’ new, Fox-News-approved films could be terrible, but they’d still be hits at the box office. And The Clinton Menace does have a nice ring to it.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.