- No, that guy didn’t really fly alone on a Delta flight Saturday 4:31 PM
- Fans are paying to meet their favorite YouTubers online through pilot program Saturday 2:54 PM
- Behold: 12 straight hours of ‘Stranger Things” Alexei drinking a Slurpee Saturday 2:05 PM
- Influencer couple under fire for using holy water to splash genitals in Bali Saturday 1:29 PM
- These are the 10 best villains DC comics has ever conceived Saturday 1:11 PM
- The Daily Wire accused of stealing art design from pop artist for its merchandise Saturday 12:09 PM
- Instagram model Rianne Meijer on keeping it real with her followers Saturday 10:52 AM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Leicester City Saturday 8:30 AM
- Florida man arrested after allegedly texting girlfriend his mass shooting plans Saturday 8:27 AM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. Celta Vigo Saturday 8:20 AM
- How to stream Seahawks vs. Vikings in NFL preseason action Saturday 8:00 AM
- How to stream Steelers vs. Chiefs in NFL preseason action Saturday 6:30 AM
- Chuck E. Cheese recycles pizza is the conspiracy theory that won’t die Saturday 6:30 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs Rams in NFL preseason action Saturday 6:00 AM
- Cómo ver el UFC 241: Daniel Cormier vs. Stipe Miocic Saturday 6:00 AM
Feb. 14 might be the big holiday to look out for this week, but the cast of Parks and Recreation found another reason to celebrate.
In an Instagram post from Tuesday evening, Aubrey Plaza shared a snap of herself with former co-stars Amy Poehler, Rashida Jones, and Kathryn Hahn in front of a roaring fireplace: “💘happy happy galentine’s day. these women keep me alive. 💘”
On the show (which ended in 2015), Poehler’s character Leslie Knope throws an annual breakfast party for her girlfriends every Feb. 13 and calls it Galentine’s Day. Over the course of the meal, she lavishes her friends with custom mosaic portraits (made from crushed bottles of their favorite diet soda), personalized 5,000-word essays about why they’re amazing, crocheted flower pens… everything a gal might want.
“Every February 13th, my lady friends and I leave our husbands and our boyfriends at home, and we just come and kick it, breakfast-style. Ladies celebrating ladies,” Leslie explains in the season 2 episode. “It’s like Lilith Fair, minus the angst. Plus frittatas.”
It’s a tradition her co-workers are skeptical about at first, but quickly learn to love. And now it’s taken on a life of its own outside of the show, with women all over the world celebrating Galentine’s with their pals.
Jones, who played Leslie’s best friend Ann Perkins on the show, also shared the photo and added the caption, “Galentine’s Day! Forever and ever.”
Christine Friar is a writer and editor in New York who focuses on streaming entertainment and internet culture. Her work has appeared in the Awl, the Fader, New York Magazine, Paper Magazine, Vogue, Elle, and more.