- How to stream Tottenham Hotspur vs. Watford Friday 9:00 PM
- How to stream Barcelona vs. Eibar Friday 6:00 PM
- How to stream ‘Bigfoot’ Silva vs. Gabriel Gonzaga in BKFC Friday 6:00 PM
- Demi Lovato’s nude photos allegedly leaked on Snapchat Friday 3:07 PM
- NBA TV is the new streaming service for basketball fanatics Friday 3:02 PM
- California residents will get cell phone alerts seconds before earthquakes Friday 2:29 PM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. RCD Mallorca Friday 2:00 PM
- Trump accused of ‘using the language of ethnic cleansing’ regarding Kurds Friday 1:42 PM
- Hillary Clinton also thinks Tulsi Gabbard is a Russian bot Friday 1:13 PM
- TikTok girls dancing to voicemails from sh*tty exes is a vibe Friday 12:34 PM
- Netflix reports strong growth—but it faces 3 major hurdles in Q4 Friday 12:33 PM
- Telegram is hosting videos of extrajudicial killings in Syria Friday 12:32 PM
- ‘El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie’ tops 8 million viewers in first week Friday 11:31 AM
- ‘Uncut Gems’ brings a high-stakes gambling risk to life Friday 11:29 AM
- Mark Zuckerberg gives a revisionist history about why he started Facebook in big speech Friday 10:52 AM
Feb. 14 might be the big holiday to look out for this week, but the cast of Parks and Recreation found another reason to celebrate.
In an Instagram post from Tuesday evening, Aubrey Plaza shared a snap of herself with former co-stars Amy Poehler, Rashida Jones, and Kathryn Hahn in front of a roaring fireplace: “💘happy happy galentine’s day. these women keep me alive. 💘”
On the show (which ended in 2015), Poehler’s character Leslie Knope throws an annual breakfast party for her girlfriends every Feb. 13 and calls it Galentine’s Day. Over the course of the meal, she lavishes her friends with custom mosaic portraits (made from crushed bottles of their favorite diet soda), personalized 5,000-word essays about why they’re amazing, crocheted flower pens… everything a gal might want.
“Every February 13th, my lady friends and I leave our husbands and our boyfriends at home, and we just come and kick it, breakfast-style. Ladies celebrating ladies,” Leslie explains in the season 2 episode. “It’s like Lilith Fair, minus the angst. Plus frittatas.”
It’s a tradition her co-workers are skeptical about at first, but quickly learn to love. And now it’s taken on a life of its own outside of the show, with women all over the world celebrating Galentine’s with their pals.
Jones, who played Leslie’s best friend Ann Perkins on the show, also shared the photo and added the caption, “Galentine’s Day! Forever and ever.”
Christine Friar is a writer and editor in New York who focuses on streaming entertainment and internet culture. Her work has appeared in the Awl, the Fader, New York Magazine, Paper Magazine, Vogue, Elle, and more.